Convert String to Number

I am running PB 7.03 build 10047 on Windows 2000.

How do I convert a string value to number in the DataWindow script?

I can convert number to string using String(ll_value), but how do I do the
reverse?
The help file says I should be able to use Number(ls_value), but the error
checker tells me that is an unknown function.

Thanks for your help.
0
Scott_Emery

dec('123') or long('123') or integer('123')

--
Kim Berghall
Sisu Group, Inc.
<Scott_Emery> wrote in message
> I am running PB 7.03 build 10047 on Windows 2000.
>
> How do I convert a string value to number in the DataWindow script?
>
> I can convert number to string using String(ll_value), but how do I do the
> reverse?
> The help file says I should be able to use Number(ls_value), but the error
> checker tells me that is an unknown function.
>
> Thanks for your help.

-1
Kim
6/13/2001 6:13:54 PM
This is from PB help:

Use IsNumber(some_string) to check that text in an edit control can be
converted to a number.

To convert a string to a specific numeric data type, use the Double, Dec,
Integer, Long, or Real function.
0
lt

Convert a string to number
Hi. I want to set a value such as 1.5 or 10 to a text box in a report datawindow at the run time. The value will come from the user before he/she runs the report. How do I convert this string in the text box to a number that will be used for further computation at the summary band? I tried number() function, but it requires a real string and refuses to accept a variable or a column name. Thanks in advance for any help. Jian Kuang If the value comes from the user, it would be in the form of a Retrieve Argument. You can refer to the retrieve argument in the computed field for...

Converting a string to a number
Hello everyone, first post and all that, i got a bit of a problem. First off, the DB information: id: autonumber score: text Both these feilds in the database are numerical, however, the score is used as a text feild, the id an autonumber. When i use a querystring to pass the score over to another page, so that the page produces only information with that perticular score matching, it works. When i try to use the ID number, i get a case miss match. I can only fathom that this is because its an autonumber. However, i need to keep the DB design as it is, as when i add a ne...

convert string to number
Hello, if I use the sprintf function it would give me a number STRING, but = not number, so I have to trick the string to become number by adding and su= btracting the number with 1. Is there a better way than this ? I want it to= be a number data type and not string.=0A=0Ae.g =0A=0Amy $strNumber =3D spr= intf("%04d", 123);=0Amy $number =3D $strNumber + 1 - 1; # to trick Perl to = convert to number datatype instead of string. =0A=0A=0AThanks,=0A=0AWilliam= =0A=0ASend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yaho= o.com On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Wi...

Convert a String to a Number
How can i convert a character to a number, so that the result is only numerical digits, and would always be the same, besides 26 (plus non-alpha characters) if-then statements. like, A = 1 and A always equals 1 so if I had the string:  1234A after converting, I would get the result:  12341 A doesn't necessarily have to = 1, or even a single digit.  It just has to equal a numerical... number. perhaps you can do something like this.  Store your letters in an array A and maintain a cooresponding array B that has the numeric equivalent you would want to repla...

convert string to number?
Hi, I have a problem where a number read from a file is being treated as a string by perl (I think!). I am using the module RSPerl which is an interface between Perl and the statistical language R. When i read a column of numbers from a file and pass it to the perl/R function i get an "invalid 'type' (character) of argument" error. The reason i think this is a problem on the Perl side is shown by this pseudocode: while(<FILE>){ ... stuff to extract $value from each row ... push(@list1, $value); } @list2 = (100.2, 232.333, 344.2); # these ...

Convertion numbers to strings
Hello! I have some numbers in data type "Numeric". The task is to write expression wich combines prefix, number and suffix. The number must have no spare zero's on tale. Linke in example: "NDS 20%" "SN 1.5%" "ANT 0.25%" The slyboot server makes all the numbers with the same length of fract. part. like "20.00000" and I couldn't cope with this for two weeks already. I don't know of a way to do that in SQL Anywhere. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, Inc. Houston, TX See you at the Powersoft User Confer...

Convert string to number #2
Hey all, I have got a text field in the summary band in a report datawindow which I want to set to a value at runtime and the value will come from the user. The value will be used for further addition and substraction. How do I convert this value from a string to a number? Thanks in advance for any help. Jian Kuang Depending on the scale or type of number, you can use Dec ( ), Long ( ), Double ( ), Real ( ), or Integer ( ). All of them call for a string or blob argument. Jian Kuang <jkuang@vitinc.com> wrote in message news:3757DC4F.41131683@vitinc.com... Hey a...

converting a string to number or integer
erm... how is this done in c#? or convert an object to and number or integer? I need to get the below as a number or int: TotalRecords = conSelProdCount.ExecuteScalar().ToString(); So i can use it in: ProductItem[] arrNews = new ProductItem[TotalRecords]; int rwcnt = 0; while ( dtrProducts.Read()) { string NewVar = dtrProducts["ProductName"].ToString(); arrNews[rwcnt] = new ProductItem(); arrNews[rwcnt].rowcount = @TotalRecords; arrNews[rwcnt].ProductName = dtrProducts["Pro...

How do I convert strings to floating number?
Hi there, I have a simple problem that I'm sure has been asked before (so why not again ;)) I have a list like this: 1e-100 2e-100 1e-45 5e-10 1 10 20 and want to make correct assignments: 1e-100 SMALL 2e-100 SMALL 1e-45 BIGGER 5e-10 BIGGER 1 BIGGER 10 BIG 20 BIG But with this code while (<>) { chomp; if ($_ lt 1e-50) { print "$_\t SMALL\n"; } elsif (($_ gt 1e-50) && $_ lt 5) { print "$_\t BIGGER\n"; } elsif ($_ gt 5) { print "$_\t BIGGEST\n"; } I only get ...

how to convert a number to string in SQL?
I search the help for T-sql, still don't know how to convert a number, for example 12345 to a string with formating like 12,345 Thanks for your help. The best place to do such formatting is in the front end, not at the database level.That being said, you could use a combination of the CONVERT and CAST functions (see CAST and CONVERT) to cast the number as a money type, then convert it to a varchar, and then strip off the decimal point and 2 0's at the end:DECLARE @test intSELECT @test = 12345SELECT REPLACE(CONVERT(varchar(50), CAST(@test AS money), 1),'.00','')Or, you could make use of a ...

How to convert from string to hex number
Hello, I have a requirement for passing a hex value like this to a function. Example code: my $ipmbAddress = getIpmbAddress(...); ## returns 82 getDeviceID($ip, $ipmbAddress); Here in the above code, the getDeviceID() fucntion will accept only 0x82 (hex number). How to convert the number 82 to 0x82 (Note that this should not be as string) I tried the following but not working properly. $ipmbAddress = "0x".$ipmbAddress; $ipmbAddress = hex("$ipmbAddress"); $ipmbAddress = sprintf(0x%0x, $ipmbAddress); getDeviceID($ip, $ipmbAddress); Please help. T...

how to convert form string to number and back?
Hello, I have to read and write some number-values form/to the ultralite-DB. In the reference-DB (Sybase) the fields are defined as numeric(16,6). I have tried the following in CodeWarrier: 1) Defne the fields in the sql declare section as static char fieldname[17]. This works for download / upload, and showing the values. But if I have to UPDATE the table I get an SQLE_CONVERSION_ERROR 2) Define the fields as DECL_DECIMAL(16,6). Now I can't show the value and can't get the Palm-field and write it to the defined variable because I have only found a sample code to get and...

Converting a retruned string value to a number
Hi List, How do i convert a string variable returned by some XPath API into a number so that I can compare it or loop using this number. I am reading one number from XML and I want to use it for looping. Thanks and Regards, Manish ----- Original Message ----- From: Manish Sapariya <manishs@gs-lab.com> Date: Wednesday, April 6, 2005 10:17 am Subject: Converting a retruned string value to a number > Hi List, HellO, > How do i convert a string variable returned by > some XPath API into a number so that I can > compare it or loop using this number. Y...

Convert datawindow to XML in Powerbuilder 7
how do I convert my datawindow to xml file? I am using powerbuilder 7. Thank =) You have two choices: 1. By hand. Loop through the rows and columns and parse the XML together. 2. Upgrade to PB9, which was when XML export was introduced as a native functionality. On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 00:28:19 -0700 (PDT), d3t <d3t21985@gmail.com> wrote: >how do I convert my datawindow to xml file? I am using powerbuilder 7. >Thank =) I guess I can't upgarde my pb7 to pb9 since all of our applications are already running in pb7. Upgarding might cause a lot of problems ...

Web resources about - Convert String to Number - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

List of converts to Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Minority Ahmadiyah Muslim group in Indonesia told: convert or be expelled
A minority Muslim group has been ordered to convert to Sunni Islam or be expelled from Bangka island, off the coast of Sumatra, in the latest ...

Convert your images quickly and easily with PDF Photos
Have you ever wanted an easy way to convert images to a PDF? Maybe you want to include them in a document for work, send them via email at a ...

Ford patents rear wheel that converts into a unicycle
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Ford , Green Driving , Motorcycle , Electric Ford is thinking about allowing drivers to remove a rear ...

How to convert your old VHS tapes to DVD with this software
Remember those old VHS tapes you have sitting in the corner? Convert them into DVDs with this affordable software so you can easily watch them ...