Convert string to number #2

Hey all,

I have got a text field in the summary band in a report datawindow which
I want to set to a value at runtime and the value will come from the
user. The value will be used for further addition and substraction. How
do I convert this value from a string to a number?  Thanks in advance
for any help.

Jian Kuang

0
Jian

Depending on the scale or type of number, you can use Dec ( ), Long ( ),
Double ( ), Real ( ), or Integer ( ). All of them call for a string or blob
argument.

Jian Kuang <jkuang@vitinc.com> wrote in message
Hey all,

I have got a text field in the summary band in a report datawindow which
I want to set to a value at runtime and the value will come from the
user. The value will be used for further addition and substraction. How
do I convert this value from a string to a number?  Thanks in advance
for any help.

Jian Kuang

0
Lu

Converting string to 2 digit decimal number
 Hi all,My question is how to convert a string like 80.00 to a number with 2 decimal digits. I've tried many solutions such as formating the string and then converting the string to double but it doesn't work, still shows as 80.0. Can anyone help me with that?Thanks   For display purposes you can use string.format. I'm assuming this is currency related variable.decimal moneyValue = 80.0m; string displayValue = String.Format("Total: {0:C}", moneyValue); Console.WriteLine(displayValue); Dev  What I meant was converting string to decimal not ...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

convert string to number
Hello, if I use the sprintf function it would give me a number STRING, but = not number, so I have to trick the string to become number by adding and su= btracting the number with 1. Is there a better way than this ? I want it to= be a number data type and not string.=0A=0Ae.g =0A=0Amy $strNumber =3D spr= intf("%04d", 123);=0Amy $number =3D $strNumber + 1 - 1; # to trick Perl to = convert to number datatype instead of string. =0A=0A=0AThanks,=0A=0AWilliam= =0A=0ASend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yaho= o.com On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Wi...

Convert a String to a Number
How can i convert a character to a number, so that the result is only numerical digits, and would always be the same, besides 26 (plus non-alpha characters) if-then statements. like, A = 1 and A always equals 1 so if I had the string:  1234A after converting, I would get the result:  12341 A doesn't necessarily have to = 1, or even a single digit.  It just has to equal a numerical... number. perhaps you can do something like this.  Store your letters in an array A and maintain a cooresponding array B that has the numeric equivalent you would want to repla...

Convertion numbers to strings
Hello! I have some numbers in data type "Numeric". The task is to write expression wich combines prefix, number and suffix. The number must have no spare zero's on tale. Linke in example: "NDS 20%" "SN 1.5%" "ANT 0.25%" The slyboot server makes all the numbers with the same length of fract. part. like "20.00000" and I couldn't cope with this for two weeks already. I don't know of a way to do that in SQL Anywhere. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, Inc. Houston, TX See you at the Powersoft User Confer...

convert to string #2
i want to convert to string an integer value which i'm receving from database, in an SqlDataReader, how to do this?SHASHANK BHIDECAPGEMINI INDIA"THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION MARK MY RESPONSE AS ANSWER TO HELP ME BUILD IT :)"  you can use the toString() function.. for e.g. objreader["columnname"].toString() The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes shashankgwl:i want to convert to string an integer value which i'm receving from database, in an SqlDataReader, how to do this? Hi,...

convert string to number?
Hi, I have a problem where a number read from a file is being treated as a string by perl (I think!). I am using the module RSPerl which is an interface between Perl and the statistical language R. When i read a column of numbers from a file and pass it to the perl/R function i get an "invalid 'type' (character) of argument" error. The reason i think this is a problem on the Perl side is shown by this pseudocode: while(<FILE>){ ... stuff to extract $value from each row ... push(@list1, $value); } @list2 = (100.2, 232.333, 344.2); # these ...

PowerBuilder DataWindow #2
Hi all, I have a requirement to implement a master-detail sheet. That's ok. However, based on the user-logged-in credential, the user may OR may not be able to edit the details part. Now I can easily implement this by adding a constraint while updating the details' data. if user_can_edit then update end if The problem is this: If the user is not entitled to make changes, he is still able to put focus to the details' form data and modify (of course I am not updating it)...but the user can get a feeling "oh I am able to modify the data". Is it so...

Convert String to Number
I am running PB 7.03 build 10047 on Windows 2000. How do I convert a string value to number in the DataWindow script? I can convert number to string using String(ll_value), but how do I do the reverse? The help file says I should be able to use Number(ls_value), but the error checker tells me that is an unknown function. Thanks for your help. dec('123') or long('123') or integer('123') -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp.com <Scott_Emery> wrote in message news:72D1C6C14C517376005C20...

Converting a string to a number
Hello everyone, first post and all that, i got a bit of a problem. First off, the DB information: id: autonumber score: text Both these feilds in the database are numerical, however, the score is used as a text feild, the id an autonumber. When i use a querystring to pass the score over to another page, so that the page produces only information with that perticular score matching, it works. When i try to use the ID number, i get a case miss match. I can only fathom that this is because its an autonumber. However, i need to keep the DB design as it is, as when i add a ne...

Convert a string to number
Hi. I want to set a value such as 1.5 or 10 to a text box in a report datawindow at the run time. The value will come from the user before he/she runs the report. How do I convert this string in the text box to a number that will be used for further computation at the summary band? I tried number() function, but it requires a real string and refuses to accept a variable or a column name. Thanks in advance for any help. Jian Kuang If the value comes from the user, it would be in the form of a Retrieve Argument. You can refer to the retrieve argument in the computed field for...

string to string[] #2
string[] strArray;while(dtardrUsrDet.Read())   {string strUsrEmail=dtardrUsrDet.GetValue(0).ToString(); int intDayDiff=System.Convert.ToInt16(dtardrUsrDet.GetValue(1).ToString());if(intDayDiff==45) {   strArray=strUsrEmail; }if(intDayDiff==30) {   strArray=strUsrEmail; }     how to store string values from reader into string arrayMark As Answer If my reply helped you. Hi, I am assuming that you want each string in an array, not each character as a separate string in a string array here.... The easiest way is to create an ArrayList, add each stri...

Converting a string to a filehandle #2
Hello I'm processing a file of test data that looks something like: FH1,data1,data2,data3,...etc FH2,data1,data2,data3,...etc FH1,data1,data2,data3,...etc Each line split into an array and processed. The first element (FH1, FH2, etc) is the name of the filehandle the output should be printed to. I'm trying to do something like: use strict; use warnings; open (FH1, ">file1"); open (FH2, ">file2"); open (INPUT, "<inputfile"); while (<INPUT>) { ....split line ....process data ....create output my $FH =3D...

Converting string to int #2
hi all!  is there a way to do that? or a way to get the value of a dropdown list as an int? do forgive my bad spelling Given a string variable s, use either int i = Convert.ToInt32( s ); or int i = Int32.Parse( s ); You can also use Int32.TryParse() as well.RegardsDave Hi, use method Int32.Parse(string) or Int32.TryParse(string, out int). For example:int id = 0; if (int.TryParse(Request.QueryString["id"], out id) { // do something } else { // fix problem } Have a nice day, R.rjichaprogrammer + caffeine + taurine = new application mestrebisli : ...

Web resources about - Convert string to number #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

List of converts to Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WWE diva converts to Christianity, confesses to a life of sin
Stunning wrestling diva Taryn Terrell has shared a dramatic knock-down testimony of conversion from life in the ring to life with Christ.

Microsoft converts more customers into testers with Office Insider preview program
Microsoft today launched a new preview program for consumers who subscribe to Office 365 that will give them a sneak peak at new features slated ...

'Water Bug' Robot Digests Pollution, Converts it to Electricity
The Row-Bot was capable of generating more energy than it needed.

Will Allergan Chief Saunders Become A Research Convert As Pfizer CEO?
Pfizer is now on the cusp of another merger potentially with another new CEO. R&D will again be under the microscope and, given Pfizer’s annual ...