computed field of a computed field

Hello,

I made nice datawindow with some aggregate functions to calculate a certain
value at a group level.

Now I want a grand total which gives me the sum of these values.
Unfortunately this does not seem to be possible. So, when I have a computed
field which is round (sum(file_field),0) located in the trailer band, I need
a grand total of this field in the summary band. Does anyone know how to
solve this ?

Philip.

Philip@acom.be (Belgium)

0
Philip

Philip,
in the group , you must have created a computed field having expression
sum ( file_field ) for group 1

In the summery, you want sum of above field, so
just write the expression
sum( file_field ) for all
instead of group 1.

--
Mahendra Dhamdhere
Unicef, New York.

Philip De Schutter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I made nice datawindow with some aggregate functions to calculate a certain
> value at a group level.
>
> Now I want a grand total which gives me the sum of these values.
> Unfortunately this does not seem to be possible. So, when I have a computed
> field which is round (sum(file_field),0) located in the trailer band, I need
> a grand total of this field in the summary band. Does anyone know how to
> solve this ?
>
> Philip.
>
> Philip@acom.be (Belgium)

0
Mahendra

Computed Field not computing
I have a series of computed fields that calculate percentages and then a series that total those percentages. When I add the third total percentage field (out of four total) to my group trailer, all my total percentage fields sum to 0 when they should all sum to 100. If I move the third computed field into another band then they all sum to 100 and when I put it back they all still compute to 100. Why would this happen? I know computed fields constantly re-compute, but these are not initially computing correctly based on the number of computed fields present in my group trailer band...

Computing Computed Field
I Have a computed field in tailor band of a group. I tried to sum that computed field in summary band using another computed expression ..It is displaying 0 instead of sum I appreciated any help Thanks Sue IF you use the format sum(x for group 1) in Tailor group then use sum(x for all) in summary. Stephan Donati Fortisoft Corporation "Sue Sambireddy" <SSambireddy@bankofny.com> wrote in message news:3AE83A22.AF41D7BC@bankofny.com... > I Have a computed field in tailor band of a group. I tried to sum > that computed field in summary band using a...

Computing computed field
I Have a computed field in tailor band of a group. I tried to sum that computed field in summary band using another computed expression ..It is displaying 0 instead of sum . I appreciated any help Thanks Sue You can place the expression from the second field in the first one instead of referring to it. Another option (often works) is to apply the GroupCalc DataWindow method (of course outside the expression in the script where you issue Retrieve(), for example.). Sue Sambireddy wrote: > I Have a computed field in tailor band of a group. I tried to sum > t...

Is it possible to use a variable(computed field) as a parameter to another computed field
--____TAYPSSOPSIQFPCQHOOXS____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using pb 7 , datawindow painter, a computed column I am trying to get column data from different rows in grouped data from a = datawindow. The easiest way to get the data was to just put the column = name and the row needed ..ie run_seconds[-10] . This works fine except I = need to get different rows based on rowcount for that group. What that = means is that for one group I would need row 3,10 and 20. For the next = group I would need rows 12, 15, 50 and ...

How to get value from a computed field in summary band about computed field in group band?
I can get the value of computed fields in the trailer group, which have syntax ls_3 = string(dw_3.Object.day11[li_i]) where ls_3 returns, say 75 But I cannot get the value of computed fields in the summary band, which have syntax ls_4 = dw_3.Object.sum11 In the preview of datawindow, I can see the computed field of sum11 have value, say 80 But when I write ls_4 = dw_3.Object.sum11, it returns nothing. Note: computed field sum11 is a sum of day11 which is also a computed field in group band How to get value from a computed field in summary band about computed field in group...

Computed field in a datawindow
How do I make a computed field in a datawindow editable? You can't. But you can create computed column. It has a tab order. Go to SQL painter of datawindow, go to computed, place 0 for number type of editable column, '' for string type of editable column -- Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA Email:nospam_mahendrad@hotmail.com Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id Shobana Juliana wrote: > How do I make a computed field in a datawindow editable? >How do I make a computed field in a datawindow editable? You don't. If you need for the user to be able to e...

Computed field in Datawindow
PB version: 6.5 A computed field in a datawindow have not a tab order. So, i can�t go to this field and do a 'Copy and Paste' of the value of this field. Thanks... try to use computed column, u can't use computed field for copy & paste as it does not have tab order, it is only for display. ...

Datawindows and Computed Fields
I am using PB 8 and have several formatted datawindows providing reports for the end user. What has been requested of me and I am having trouble with is as follows. I have a datawindow with a nested datawindow. The main datawindow object contains the "parent" record and the nested one contains "child" records. Basically an Agency has subagencies. This report is to be used to create a manual. Where I am having the problem is that the page numbering is done using a computed field placed in the header (or footer or detail for that matter). I need to know the page...

Force computed field to compute in datastors
I use computed fields in a datastore. I understand that the computed fields do not compute, although I change the data that the computed field is depending on, until the dataobject became visible. Can I force the computed field to calculate its expression? I tried AcceptText() and GroupCalc() but it doesn?t work Thank you ZAky 1. What band is the computed field located in? 2. What is the expression of the computed field? 3. Is it a group dw and if so is the changed data for which the cf expression is dependant based on the group expression and if so are you doint a Sort(...

Change value of a field from a Computed Field
Hi all ! I need to put a value to a one field from a computed field. I try this in the expression of computed field: ( field_to = value of computed field_from) But the result is "TRUE" or "FALSE". My question: the computed field is able to modify a value of another field ? How i do this ? (If possible) Thanks in advance. Alessandro Hass If you are asking if you can place a value in the primary buffer using only datawindow expressions, the answer is no. You will have to do this in script. If you just want to display something when another fi...

computed fields in ASA 8 not always computing
Using ASA 8.0.2.4215 (latest EBF installed this morning) on a Windows 2000 server, I am seeing a situation where computed fields are not always updating when the row is created using an ADO cursor. However, if I update those same rows using an Execute command via the ADO connection, they do get updated. This is from an VB6 application using the ASAProv OLEDB provider through MDAC 2.7 SP1. The simplified table definition (just the computed columns and the data they are computed from) looks like this: create table DBA.Activities ( UniqueID varchar(25) not null, Ac...

DW1 compute field refer to DW2 field.
i'm creating this report that one compute field in a Data Window need to refer to another field in another Data Window. is this possible? and how to do so? how will my compute field refer to the other field in another Data Window? thanks... ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp I had a similar problem a few days ago... I wanted values in a nested dw to be used in calculations in the top level window. The only way I found to do this type of work is to create a script in an event of the window that will be hol...

Updating a table field with a computed field value
In a datawindow, how do I update a field in a table with the value from a computed field ? Thank you. Joe Thank you very much. That's the answer I was looking for. Joe Ippolito In updatestart , or in update button, you can use getitem() and setitem() functions to get the value and set it in field. You can't achieve this directly in datawindow. hth -- Mahendra Dhamdhere Unicef, New York Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com Joseph Ippolito wrote: > In a datawindow, how do I update a field in a table with the value > from a > computed field ? Thank ...

datawindow describe and computed fields
Hello, li_max = Integer(dw.Object.DataWindow.Column.Count) for li_col = 1 to li_max ls_colname = dw.describe("#" + String(li_col) + ".Name") next The above snippet of code yields the fields in a datawindow, but does not list computed columns. How do I get computed columns to be listed using the describe statement? -- Mark Schupay Look at dw_1.describe("datawindow.objects") "Mark Schupay" <ssd@zoominternet.net> wrote in message news:B7J4rRcvCHA.199@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > > li_max = Integer(dw.Objec...

Web resources about - computed field of a computed field - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Single-photon emission computed tomography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
However, it is able to provide true 3D information. This information is typically presented as cross-sectional slices through the patient, but ...

For Jacki Weaver, 'Silver Linings Playbook' finally computed
Jacki Weaver of 'Silver Linings Playbook' says it was a thrill to work with Robert De Niro in David O. Russell's quirky film.

A Lion Goes Undergoes Computed Tomography Because Even Big Cats Need a CAT Scan Every Once in a While ...
... The Leibniz Institute for Zoo & Wildlife Research (IZW) in Berlin, Germany, today inaugurates the world’s most advanced state-of-the art computed ...

The guy who found Waldo computed the longest American road trip
... Olson, a doctoral student at Michigan State, and asked him to compute one of the most complicated road trips ever. (Olson previously computed ...

Discovering How Greeks Computed in 100 B.C.
The Antikythera Mechanism organized the ancient Greek calendar in the cycles of the Olympiad, researchers say.

Technique using computed tomography associated with improved detection of lymph node metastasis in patients ...
Preoperative 3-dimensional visualization of sentinel lymph nodes (SLNs) with a technique known as single-photon emission computed tomography/computed ...

Chromatin Conformation Computed
By manipulating DNA sequences that guide genome-folding, researchers confirm an existing model of chromatin structure inside the nucleus.

Researchers use computed microtomography to identify well preserved fossil arthropod
Ludwig Maximilian University researchers have used computed microtomography (micro-CT) to identify to the species level an exceptionally wellpreserved ...

Endocranial features of Australopithecus africanus revealed by 2- and 3-D computed tomography
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University Medical School, St. Louis, MO 63110. The earliest hominid from South Africa, Australopithecus ...