Computed field in Datawindow

PB version: 6.5

A computed field in a datawindow have not a tab order.
So, i can�t go to this field and do a 'Copy and Paste' of the value of this
field.

Thanks...

0
Philippe

try to use computed column, u can't use computed field for copy & paste as
it does not have tab order, it is only for display.
0
Anonymous

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Datawindows and Computed Fields
I am using PB 8 and have several formatted datawindows providing reports for the end user. What has been requested of me and I am having trouble with is as follows. I have a datawindow with a nested datawindow. The main datawindow object contains the "parent" record and the nested one contains "child" records. Basically an Agency has subagencies. This report is to be used to create a manual. Where I am having the problem is that the page numbering is done using a computed field placed in the header (or footer or detail for that matter). I need to know the page...

Computed field in a datawindow
How do I make a computed field in a datawindow editable? You can't. But you can create computed column. It has a tab order. Go to SQL painter of datawindow, go to computed, place 0 for number type of editable column, '' for string type of editable column -- Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA Email:nospam_mahendrad@hotmail.com Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id Shobana Juliana wrote: > How do I make a computed field in a datawindow editable? >How do I make a computed field in a datawindow editable? You don't. If you need for the user to be able to e...

datawindow columncount and computed fields
When asking the datawindow for its columns ( object.datawindow.column.count ) it counts only the 'normal' columns and not the computed, How can i build a list of columns including the computed ?? Thanks very much, Rob. Describe("DataWindow.Objects") returns a tab-delimited list of all objects. Parse this, and use Describe("<objectname>.Type") to determine whether it's a column or computed field. Simon -- Simon Caldwell Get Real Systems Ltd Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL Tel 01904 481999 Fax 01904 481666 Visit ...

datawindow, sum on computed field.
I am trying to create a report for which I have got several group by in datawindow and also I have got few computed fields. Now I want to do sum of the one computed field in trailer band of group. When I tried to do that it says "aggregate functions can not be nested within aggregate function". So it means I can not have sum defined in trailer band for the computed field. Is there any way to do this. Himanshu, you can't sum grouped computed fields in the trailer band as PB as imposed limitations on that. But you can create computed columns and group the data in the dat...

Datawindow computed fields cannot update
Hello!! I create a compute field in which to calculate something like avg(salary for group 1) and name it avg_salary, where salary is stored before in the databse. My problem is when I create another compute field, says max (avg_salary for all), in which to obtain the max. salary from all of the avg_salary, something happen!! The field cannot work! Can you help me?? "PatrickHo" <abc@abc.com> wrote in message news:425471ef$1@forums-1-dub... > Hello!! > > I create a compute field in which to calculate something like avg(salary for group 1) and...

summation of computed fields under datawindow
Just one quick & simple quesion. However, i do get stuck with this for a long time. How can i sum up the total of the computed fields? Example: ComField = sum (A for group 1) where A=column However, at the end of my report, i coded "sum(ComField for all)", i only got "0". Is there anyway syntax to sum the computed fields at the end of the report. Thanks in advance! Joe, You may have over-simplified your example, because you can just create a computed field with the expression "Sum (A for all)" and solve that particular problem. Is th...

Computed fields in Datawindows with groups
I have a sql data window and I need to get the total of a value from different rows based on another column in that row. Ex. I am trying to calculate PERC in the datawindow itself but can't seem to get the total to divide the individual values by. I have tried using groups and group totals but still can't seem to get the totals (ie total of all MTs , JMTs etc) The computed field within thr groups work correctly but the computed field in the summary band always has a value of 0.Do the group bands and summary bands work differently. count Perc (Computed field) STC ...

Computed field in a N-Up datawindow
Hi Gurus, PB6.5: I have a N-up report with 5 columns; I have to calculate a result based in a column field, but cannot find the way to make a reference to the same column field in the second, third, fourth (and so on) column. gg TIA VM You have to use relative offsets, starting with 0 and adding one for each additional row in the band. So, transaction_date[0] references the transaction_date column in the first row in the band. In your case, you would use offsets 0 through 4 VM wrote: > Hi Gurus, > > PB6.5: > > I have a N-up report with 5 column...

Computed Fields in Nested Datawindows
Our problem is as follows: We have a nested datawindow which has three nested reports: A,B and C. Report A , Report B and Report C have computed fields. I would like to put the sum of these computed fields in the summary of the nested Report. How can I do this with out writing a code or rather how do I refer to these fields in the static datawindow? Thanks, Hemalatha On 24 Nov 2003 20:06:20 -0800, B.Hemalatha wrote: > Our problem is as follows: > > We have a nested datawindow which has three nested reports: > A,B and C. Report A , Report B and Report C have c...

Datawindows with child datawindows

DataWindows and datawindow objects

datawindow describe and computed fields
Hello, li_max = Integer(dw.Object.DataWindow.Column.Count) for li_col = 1 to li_max ls_colname = dw.describe("#" + String(li_col) + ".Name") next The above snippet of code yields the fields in a datawindow, but does not list computed columns. How do I get computed columns to be listed using the describe statement? -- Mark Schupay Look at dw_1.describe("datawindow.objects") "Mark Schupay" <ssd@zoominternet.net> wrote in message news:B7J4rRcvCHA.199@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > > li_max = Integer(dw.Objec...

Web resources about - Computed field in Datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo