Computed Column in a Datawindow

Should'nt you be able to put a ~t(tab) into a computed column? ie code +
'~t'  + description. I am using PB version 6.5. I know its an old version
but the company I work for does not want to upgrade.

0
Joe

No, only ~r and ~n are supported.  That hasn't changed with newer versions
of PB.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Joe Dean" <bigjoed@sprintmail.com> wrote in message
> Should'nt you be able to put a ~t(tab) into a computed column? ie code +
> '~t'  + description. I am using PB version 6.5. I know its an old version
> but the company I work for does not want to upgrade.

0
Terry

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

Populating a column with a dropdown datawindow within a datawindow.
I have a datawindow which contains two fields. One is named "customer_name" and the other is "job_siteno". these fields are contained in two different tables which are related by a foreign key column "cust_id". Both of these columns have a DDDW edit control. When I select the customer name I want to then have the "job_siteno" column populated with all the site numbers related to this particular customer. I would then be able to select the site number from the DDDW edit control. Selecting the customer number is no problem. My problem is that th...

computed columns in datawindow painter
What is wrong with this code, its in the computed columns in the data window painter" I receive a syntax error, around "=" ???, original_count_status = count_status original_deapproval_date = deapproval_date Thanks, Stephane Viau viaust@sprint.ca A Computed column is in the SQL statement. = does not work original_count_status as count_status HTH -- Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamPS) Stephane Viau <viaust@rmoc.ca> wrote in article <myP8SlPU9GA.520@forums.powersoft.com>... > > What is wrong with this code, its in the computed col...

HTML Datawindow Generator
Hi, I am having a strange problem updating columns with dropdown datawindows. I am sorry for the long message. But to explain things, I needed to do that. I copied the code from pbdwrmt.pbl and created a custome datawindow generator component and delpoyed it to Jagusr. I am using a datawindow which has multiple drop down datawindows. None of them has retrieval arguments. The retrieval of the main datawindow worked fine and the drop down datawindows showed data. But I see "error on Page" in the browser status bar when th page is loaded. I have an update button in th...

Datawindow.NET computed column
Hi All! In WinForms using VB.NET 2005 and Datawiindow.NET 2.0, a window is migrated. This report window having a datawindow and in the datawindow two nested datawindow are there. The datawindow name 'd_payreport' having 2 datawindows 'd_payrept_hdr' and 'd_payrept_dtl' The 'd_payrept_dtl' having the 3 computed columns in the detail band. Each columns calls a global function. The summary columns is also there. When i move the code to VB.NET all the computed column and summary column not showing. I can able to do this for a single datawindo...

Oracle computed column and a datawindow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01BCD04D.8A25BF00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am having a problem using a computed column in my datawindow SQL select. My database is Oracle V8. We are using the PB Oracle V7.3 native drivers. I am using the following query as my datasource for a datawindow: select cust_id, cust_name, 1 cust_flag from customer The cust_flag computed column is used for a checkbox in the datawindow. I have set the on value of the checkbox to 1 and the off value of the checkbox t...

Datawindows with child datawindows

computed column in detail datawindow
Hi, I have created a computed column MinDif in the detail of a datawindow. How can i call this object in powerscript to get the value? Greetings like every ordinary column with the appropriate getItemXXX() function. Chris Werner "Deef" <koinova@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fa7b47e$1@forums-2-dub... > Hi, > > I have created a computed column MinDif in the detail of a datawindow. > > How can i call this object in powerscript to get the value? > > Greetings > > On 4 Nov 2003 06:10:26 -0800, Deef wrote: ...

Totalling computed columns in datawindow
Hello all, I am trying to do a grand total in the summary band on a computed column and get zero as the result. The computed column I am trying to grand total is called compute_15. Compute_15 does this: adj_production - (compute_10 + compute_11 + compute_12 + compute_13 + compute_14 + compute_19 + compute_20 ) I have tried the cumulative sum, the regular sum and other combinations but still keep getting zero. Does anyone know why? Is it because of all the computes in computed column 15? Is it even possible to total a computed column? thanks for the input Melanie --...

Web resources about - Computed Column in a Datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo