Composite report print/print preview cutting last line of multi-page report

I have a Composite report and I am using 8.01.
The report is multipage.

At the end of each page the last sentence of the page get truncated. For
example, When you are at the end of page 1, the last line will get printed
half on page 1 and half on page 2..

You can see this effect in print Preview also.

Is this a problem??

HOw to resolve it..

Thanks in advance.
Pramod
pramodrane@hotmail.com
0
pramodrane

Do you have a real large autoheight column in there?  It's a known
issue (not bug) when you have very large autoheight columns (those
that span page breaks).

I've had success with putting such large columns into their own nested
datawindow.  That forces PB to break before the column if the column
will cross over a page boundary.  It ends up leaving some blank space
on the end of the prior page, but it's better than losing text or
seeing it duplicated (both indications of this issue).

On Mon, 5 May 2003 11:37:08 -0400, pramodrane@hotmail.com wrote:

>I have a Composite report and I am using 8.01.
>The report is multipage.
>
>At the end of each page the last sentence of the page get truncated. For
>example, When you are at the end of page 1, the last line will get printed
>half on page 1 and half on page 2..
>
>You can see this effect in print Preview also.
>
>Is this a problem??
>
>HOw to resolve it..
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Pramod
>pramodrane@hotmail.com

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce

How to print my page? ( I just want to print a multi-page report by IE)
hello,evey one! I build a report with the DataGrid in my page,Now ,I want print it by IE. That is very long page beacuse there are so much data to show, So there are multi pages when I print it. How can I control the pages to print by IE, there is a page-header and page-footer for each page, (a DataGrid only a header and footer) ....I just want to print a multi-page report. Thanks You actually have very little control over the printing of what is in the browser. In order to support headers, footers and page ranges I would suggest using a Crystal Report. ...

How can I resolve: on printing or preview, datawindow is Cutting text in the end of the page and printing half in each page?
I'm using PowerBuilder 8.0.3 Build 9704. Now, I have a text field that it is printed half at end of current page and half in the next page. Above it, I have others text field, computed fields and nested reports. They're slide up property on position tab setted to Directly Above. I Tried setting it to All above but without result. I tried modifieing botton and top margins but for some it resolve and other not. What can I do to resolve it? Tiago Padilha. Tiago; Do the columns have AutoSize Height = TRUE? Austin "tiago padilha" <tpadilha@topazio...

Composite Datawindow
I have a system for printing reports using a composite report. The composite report has a header, 1 -embedded report, and a footer. The user chooses which datawindow to embedded. Some of the embedded datawindows are printing large amounts of text that spans several pages. About half the time, the last line of text printed is cropped and the part cropped appears on the next page. I am running NT4 with PB6.5. I have tried a. making the embedded report the exact size of one line of print. b. sizing the detail area very small. c. Different font families. Arial seemed the worst, T...

Re: Composite Datawindow Report (Cut off on printing)
I have one main datawindow which has 10 datawindows. One of the datawindows has a field which has more than 10,000 characters. When I go to preview my main datawindow, on page 4 of 10 the text filed which has more than 10,000 characters is being cut off at the top of the page(The text field is on a deatil band). Half of the text remains on 3rd page and half on 4th page. The header and footer print properly. Can anyone tell me if this is a Powerbuiler 7 bug or not? Any help would be greately appreciated. Please post your messages in only one news group. thanks John Team Sybas...

Printing multiple reports on web page prints blank pages
When trying to print web pages with multiple Report viewers, some pc's print ok, others print blank pages.  Any idea to handle this variance in printers?  Thanks ..Troy...

Printing / Print Preview of a GridView being cut off in 1 of x pages to print
 I'm creating a very simple GridView display of all records in a report.  There are hundreds of records, thus it results in a print out or print preview of multiple pages.  If I go to Print the report or even look at it in Print Preview, I'm told 1 of 10 pages and of course I can view them - no problem here!The problem is in the vertical spacing.  The report or Print Preview / Print option is not intelligent enough to recognize if the last record on the page has enough vertical space to print cleanly as the last record on a page in the report.  Thus, sometime...

3 Page report wont print/preview all pages
Hi Guys, I have a 3 page report, each page contains information from multiple tables but the report seems to have a mind of its own only prints page 1 or 1 & 2 I want all the pages to print whether there is data in the report or not. I told the report to - page one to gmGotoNotDone and GoToPage 2 and on page 2 gmGotoNotDone and GoToPage 3 and on page 3 gmGotoDone. Can anyone help please? Regards Dave G ...

how to print crystal report without print preview
I am using VS dot net 2005 and use crystal report for reporting purposes. So my crystal report working properly. but I want to print two seperate crystal repot one after the other (without popup any dialog box) by clicking button . how can I do this?Chandana...

Print Preview on composite report
Hi, I'm using an extended w_zoom to preview reports the users choose from a listbox. I have a hidden DW on my reports window which does the retrievals, sorts, etc and then calls inv_printpreview.of_SetZoom() This works fine for all my reports so far apart from composite reports which appear blank. Is there a way around this? Thanks, AT. It sounds like you are using sharedata from the hidden DW to the visual DW on w_zoom. Sharedata on a master doesn't cause the buffers of nested reports or DDDW's to be shared. You have to write code to specifically populate ...

printing Page no in composite report
I have a composite report containing 6 datawindows. The page() function increments properly during preview but does not increment when the report is printed out. The formula used is "page() +'of '+ pagecount()". We are using Powerbuilder 6.0. Any help is deeply appreciated. Cheers, Yaku You may try this. Put you composite report in a composite report and give the page no in New composite report. -- Mahendra Dhamdhere Email:nospam_mahendrad@hotmail.com Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id Stanley See wrote: > I have a composite report containing 6...

I have a Canon MP980 printer. Everytime I print from an internet page or do a print preview, I can only do this once. When I press print or print preview a second time, Firefox instantly crashes.
Name: Tom Holleman Email: hollemanenglandatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I have a Canon MP980 printer. Everytime I print from an internet page or do a print preview, I can only do this once. When I press print or print preview a second time, Firefox instantly crashes. Comments: The summary says it all. This did not occur with my HP printer. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 GTB5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedb...

How to print text only on the last page of the report
I have some info of company which should be printed on the last page of the report but not at the end of every page.  When i used PageFooter it prints on every page bottom.  But i only need to print it on the last page.  That should also be  in  a new page after the end of the data.  This is in RDLC.  Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Suman Hi, I think what you can use IIF function with the PageNumber operators in your Page footer. If the current page number equals the total pages, show your contents, otherwise, hide it. Thanks.Mi...

Printing Current Page in Composite Report
I try to get the current page in Data Window in the Composite Style in Print Preview Mode after using some iterations of function ScrollNextPage() ScrollPriorPage(). Using l_current_row = dw_report.GetRow() dw_report.Describe("evaluate('page()',"+ string(l_current_row)+")" ) is unuseful, because in this case I'll get the current page of nested report, not the current page of all my main composite report. (The nested report is in the detail section of the main report) Thanks in advance. aizmail@mdm.ru On Thu, 06 Nov 1997 09:21:58 -0500, "Izm...

Printing page numbers
In a composite report page n of n is printing 1 of n , n being 4 , for all the pages in the report. This is happening with executable only.. in development this is working fine.. we are working with PB 6.5 on NT .. is this a bug..? Thanks in advance Ram Andrew There are some pagecount problems in PB6.5. You might want to look at: http://download.sybase.com/software/tools/pbuilder/maintfls/win/v651maint/pb651. htm to see if the 6.5.1 maintenance release addressed the one you are experiencing. On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 09:58:41 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuild...

Web resources about - Composite report print/print preview cutting last line of multi-page report - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Buddy Media’s Tool Improved for Multi-Page Management and Teams
Later today, Buddy Media will announce several improvements that it has made to its Facebook Page management system Buddy Media Platform’s Publisher ...

Turbo Scanner - Download , Scan , Print , Fax and Share Multi-page PDF and Microsoft Office Documents ...
Get Turbo Scanner - Download , Scan , Print , Fax and Share Multi-page PDF and Microsoft Office Documents on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

Apple Watch returns to Vogue w/ first video ad & multi-page spread showing life size shots
... make its magazine debut on the cover of Vogue China late last year, and now the popular fashion-focused publication is featuring a multi-page ...

The Apple Watch is featured in a multi-page ad spread in the March edition of Vogue magazine
Ahead of its arrival sometime in April, Apple is highlighting the Apple Watch with a new multi-page ad spread in the March edition of U.S. fashion ...

„Scanify Plus: multi page document PDF scanner“ für iPhone, iPod touch und iPad im App Store von iTunes ...
Holen Sie sich „Scanify Plus: multi page document PDF scanner“ im App Store. Sehen Sie sich Screenshots, Bewertungen und Kundenrezensionen dazu ...

Washington Times Publishes Multi-Page Supplement Promoting NOM's Hate March
Among the other images in the supplement is a rainbow-colored gavel smashing down on the Jesus fish. Jeremy Hooper has posted the full thing ...

Apple Expands Apple Watch Marketing Efforts With New Multi-Page Spread in Vogue Magazine
... The Apple Watch made its U.S. magazine cover debut earlier this month in the March issue of Self, and it's also being featured in a multi-page ...

Turn multi-page web articles into a single, scrolling page with this extension
... anti-clickers. Despite fast Internet connections and zippy PCs, web designers still like to organize really long content into multiple pages. ...

TackForm C-Fit Multi-Surface mount review - Page 2 - CNET
The TackForm C-Fit is a stylish and secure suction cup mount that can hold almost any phone on almost any smooth, solid surface. - Page 2