Combining Newspaper columns with 1 columns header ??

Hi
I have a DW with dynamically inserted data..  I have made i a 4 columns
Newspaper, and it works like a charm. But one anoying thing is that the
header and footer is also shown 4 times..
Isn't it possible to make the header and footer in one column and the rest
in 4...

I'd really like to NOT use a sub-DW because of the dynamically inserted
data.. We use it together with 30 others tha do not have a Sub.. and
therefore it won't work without changing the code for the new DW + sub-DW
too..

--
Kind Regards
 Dennis Bostr�m

0
Dennis

"Suppress print after first newspaper column" is the setting you want on the
properties dialog-box for the object in the DW painter.

At runtime (from PBHelp):

setting = dw_1.Object.text_title.HideSnaked
dw_1.Object.text_title.HideSnaked = "yes"

~ or ~

setting = dw_1.Describe("text_title.HideSnaked")
dw_1.Modify("text_title.HideSnaked=yes")

HTH

-EGM

Dennis B <dennis@bilinfo.dk> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have a DW with dynamically inserted data..  I have made i a 4 columns
> Newspaper, and it works like a charm. But one anoying thing is that the
> header and footer is also shown 4 times..
> Isn't it possible to make the header and footer in one column and the rest
> in 4...
>
> I'd really like to NOT use a sub-DW because of the dynamically inserted
> data.. We use it together with 30 others tha do not have a Sub.. and
> therefore it won't work without changing the code for the new DW + sub-DW
> too..
>
> --
> Kind Regards
>  Dennis Bostr�m
>  Systemudvikler
>  Bil-Info A/S
>  Dennis@bilinfo.dk

0
Edward
2/8/2002 3:11:50 PM
Thank you.. so simple :o)))

"Edward Muesch" <emuesch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Suppress print after first newspaper column" is the setting you want on
the
> properties dialog-box for the object in the DW painter.
>
> At runtime (from PBHelp):
>
> setting = dw_1.Object.text_title.HideSnaked
> dw_1.Object.text_title.HideSnaked = "yes"
>
> ~ or ~
>
> setting = dw_1.Describe("text_title.HideSnaked")
> dw_1.Modify("text_title.HideSnaked=yes")
>
> HTH
>
> -EGM
>
> Dennis B <dennis@bilinfo.dk> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I have a DW with dynamically inserted data..  I have made i a 4 columns
> > Newspaper, and it works like a charm. But one anoying thing is that the
> > header and footer is also shown 4 times..
> > Isn't it possible to make the header and footer in one column and the
rest
> > in 4...
> >
> > I'd really like to NOT use a sub-DW because of the dynamically inserted
> > data.. We use it together with 30 others tha do not have a Sub.. and
> > therefore it won't work without changing the code for the new DW +
sub-DW
> > too..
> >
> > --
> > Kind Regards
> >  Dennis Bostr�m
> >  Systemudvikler
> >  Bil-Info A/S
> >  Dennis@bilinfo.dk

0
Dennis

[help]Combine 2 column into 1 column
I want to combine 2 column (Column A from Table A and Column B from Table B) into new Column in new Table. So, the new column will contains value of Column A and Column B. For example; Column A contains A, B, C, D, E                     Column B contains 1,2,3,4,5 New Column will contains A,B,C,D,E,1,2,3,4,5 Did anybody know how to do that???? Thanks in advance... You didnt specify WHERE your creating this table.  Do you need to permanently do it, or are you just needing to combine them...

1 header with newspaper columns
I have a datawindow that I have put into 2 newspaper columns. The problem is that I need to have column headings in both columns, but I also need to have page headings and footers once per page. But when I newspaper the columns, the header(s) and footer(s) are displayed twice (once for each column). Is there a way to do this with all four or five pages of this datawindow? Please help. Thanks. There is a 'hide snaked' setting on the general tab that you can set. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com ...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

WHERE COLUMN=1 AND COLUMN=2
I have a table that I need to select ALL values that are submitted, so I can't use COLUMN IN (1,2) as this would return all rows with either 1 or 2. Same goes for using OR. So how do I transform the impossible query "WHERE COLUMN=1 AND COLUMN=2" into one that actually returns a result? In this example what I want to return would be all id's that have 1 AND 2 in the column in question, just to be be clear. Cheers! /Eskil   A column can only have ONE value. It can't be both 1 and 2. -- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you -- ...

Merging 3 column headers into 1 within a grid datawindow......???
I've tried several hacks to get round this problem. I don't want to lose the built in functionality within a grid( and thus have to code it within the window!!). The problem is they have turned on column into 3 on the database and still only want the one header. Unfortuneately grids have the very characteristic lines and make it look out of place and unprofessional. Any ideas how to merge grid datawindow column headers?????? Jim Have you tried creating a computed column? You can either do this in the SQL Painter (Convert to Syntax) or the datawindow painter. Concate...

VB.NET 1.1 Searching through DataList Column by Column
Hi,I am trying to search through a DataList column by column.  I am doing this so that if each cell within that sector is empty then I will hide that column.  I have implemented a quick function in order to do this, however, it is searching through the datalist row by row.  Below is my code, with explanations of what the code is trying to do.  I think the problem is to do with the String sector.  Is there anyway that I can change the sector string so that it will iterate through the table (dataset) column by column.Code:Dim myData As Data.DataSet = dbAccess.getChildr...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

Freeze Header/Columns in ASP 1.1
I found the following at: http://www.richardxin.com/FreezeHeader.aspx 1. Define class .Freezing in Stylesheet: .Freezing {    position:relative ;    top:expression(this.offsetParent.scrollTop);    z-index: 10; } 2. Assign Datagrid Header's cssClass to Freezing <HeaderStyle ... CssClass= "Freezing" ...></HeaderStyle> 3. You are done!   When I put the .Freezing class in my styles.css, It displays following error: 'expression(this.offsetParent.scrollTop)' is not a valid value for the ...

How I can get the column header name when i clicked on the concerned column header
Hi All I had a problem in getting the columnheader name . I had tried with dw.getcolumnname but not successfull . I was in very big dilema where to write the code(i mean what 'event') . Suppose i had a fullname as my columnheader then i should able to get the fullname when i click on that column. thanks vasu Vasu: You will want to code this in the clicked event. You can look at GetBandatPointer() and GetObjectatPointer() functions in help. HTH, Austin "vasu" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:UfS3lsO2CHA.345@forums.sybase.com... ...

How to divide 1 GridView Row with 1 column in 2 Rows with 5 columns?
Hi; I have a GridView with 10 rows and 1 column. How can I do to this GridView show the same data, but with 2 rows and 5 columns? In classic ASP, I made it this way: While (NOT rsFotos.EOF) if i mod 5 = 0 then Response.Write "</tr><tr>" end if ... Someone can help? :)  You have to use a custom template and lay the table out the way you want, either dropping controls in the template or creating a custom ITemplate that takes care of it for you. http://professionalaspnet.com/archive/2006/06/15/Useing-ITemplate-in-the-Data-Controls.aspxChris L...

how to split 1 column into mutiple column
Hi all, I have 2 column with the following results Sch         AvgScoreMadJ       40Denova    30Denova    40Atlantic   40Atlantic   40Atlantic   30Atlantic   30Denova    20Denova    20MadJ       20MadJ       20MadJ       20 How do i split this result into the following format? Sch         ...

Grid Datawindow Column Headers lost when visible set=0 then set = 1 in PB 7.0.3
Is there a fix or a way around the reported problem of the Column Headers being blank in a datawindow Grid when you set the column Visible property from 0 to 1. I have an application that allows a customer to create Views/Profiles by selecting which columns in the datawindow they wish to see/edit. All non-selected columns have the visible property set to 0. When you change from one datawindow view/profile to another one that has a column that was not visible in the previous view, the column header is blank ( even though the visible property was changed to 1 ). This is a reported problem...

Newspaper Columns in datawindow
Hi, In general - if I set a datawindow to newspaper columns (2), does it now move the data into the 2nd column until the first column is full? So If I have a short report, it will always print in one column. Is there any way to force it to print in two? I'm getting /*column1 column2 */ header1 header1 data1 data2 data3 data4 data5 data6 data7 data8 I want header1 header1 data1 data2 data3 data4 data5 data6 data7 data8 When you first create your datawindow, specify n-up. Just changing the numbe...

Web resources about - Combining Newspaper columns with 1 columns header ?? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Protein combining - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Protein nutrition is complex because any proteinogenic amino acid may be the limiting factor in metabolism . Mixing livestock feeds can optimize ...

4 ways to benefit from combining Facebook brand & direct marketing
... marketing as a brand activity – not one that can drive conversion directly . However, it doesn’t have to be an either-or proposition. By combining ...

Brain Wave Sharp Mind ™ - 11 Binaural Brainwave Entrainment Programs combining Binaural Tones with Soothing ...
Get Brain Wave Sharp Mind ™ - 11 Binaural Brainwave Entrainment Programs combining Binaural Tones with Soothing Ambient Nature Sounds, iTunes ...

The Cruise Director: combining cruise and rail holidays
Combining a cruise with a rail journey is an increasingly popular choice around the world.

High paying job in Australia: Data scientist combining maths, marketing - DailyTelegraph Search Search ...
MATHS and marketing are the keys to a big pay packet, with one new occupation offering $200,000 a year and predicted to become a staple in businesses ...

High paying job in Australia: Data scientist combining maths, marketing
MATHS and marketing are the keys to a big pay packet, with one new occupation offering $200,000 a year and predicted to become a staple in businesses ...

Combining last names
... couples have come up with an interesting solution. CBC.ca home Help Search the CBC Player Submit Search News - Oct 17, 2013 - 10:36 Combining ...

Combining Political Trips With Official Business Isn't New At All
OTTAWA - Announcement, political rally, photo-op, political rally, announcement, repeat as needed.The prime minister's travel agenda these days ...

Xinhua Insight: Combining population and economic policy to push development
Xinhua Insight: Combining population and economic policy to push development People's Daily Online BEIJING, March 13 (Xinhua) China's fresh ...