Columns header...

We have an application developped with PB 7.0.1 (7015)  under nt4 sp5.
There are several states in the dws : query, add, modify. When a dw is
entering in query mode, the columns that are not visible are displayed so
that the user can enter criterias in any column.
But there is a problem is some dws : the invisible cols do appear but some
headers don't !

Here's the code of the function that display those invisible cols :

ls_tmp = ldw_requestor.describe("DataWindow.Column.Count")

If not IsNumber(ls_tmp) Then Return FAILURE

li_max = Integer(ls_tmp)
For li_i=1 To li_max
 ls_tmp = ldw_requestor.describe("#"+String(li_i)+".X")
 If ls_tmp <> '!' and ls_tmp <> '?' Then
  ls_tmp = ldw_requestor.describe("#"+String(li_i)+".Visible")
  If ls_tmp <> '1' and ls_tmp <>'!' and ls_tmp <> '?' Then
   ls_name = ldw_requestor.describe("#"+string(li_i)+".Name")
   li_pos2++
   istr_dwscols[li_pos1].str_invcol[li_pos2].s_colname = ls_name  // stores
the cols values in order to hide them
   istr_dwscols[li_pos1].str_invcol[li_pos2].s_visflag = ls_tmp        //
when leaving query mode ...
   ldw_requestor.modify(ls_name+".Visible='1' "+ls_name+"_t.Visible='1' ")
// assume that headers end with _t
  End If
 End If
Next

Can anyone help ?

Degosserie Steve
steve@eurojob.be

0
Degosserie

>   ldw_requestor.modify(ls_name+".Visible='1' "+ls_name+"_t.Visible='1' ")
>// assume that headers end with _t
Check if your assumption is true.

Joanna

0
Joanna
10/5/1999 5:34:25 AM
Unfortunately it is ... :(

Joanna Golda <zm1@astro.coig.katowice.pl> wrote in message
> >   ldw_requestor.modify(ls_name+".Visible='1' "+ls_name+"_t.Visible='1'
")
> >// assume that headers end with _t
> Check if your assumption is true.
>
> Joanna

0
Degosserie
10/5/1999 7:33:52 AM
I'm sorry...
My advice is to separate modify expression for columns and for headers and
to check the return values of Modify function.

Joanna

Degosserie Steve napisa�(a) w wiadomo�ci: ...
>Unfortunately it is ... :(
>
>Degosserie Steve ( steve@eurojob.be )
>
>Joanna Golda <zm1@astro.coig.katowice.pl> wrote in message
>> >   ldw_requestor.modify(ls_name+".Visible='1' "+ls_name+"_t.Visible='1'
>")
>> >// assume that headers end with _t
>> Check if your assumption is true.
>>
>> Joanna

0
Joanna
10/5/1999 11:27:01 AM
The modify always returns an empty string => no error .
Actually this only happens in one screen but there's nothing special in it
Have someone other suggestions or should i try voodoo magic ? :)

Degosserie Steve
steve@eurojob.be

> I'm sorry...
> My advice is to separate modify expression for columns and for headers and
> to check the return values of Modify function.
>
> Joanna
>
> Degosserie Steve napisa�(a) w wiadomo�ci: ...
> >Unfortunately it is ... :(
> >
> >Degosserie Steve ( steve@eurojob.be )
> >
> >Joanna Golda <zm1@astro.coig.katowice.pl> wrote in message
"+ls_name+"_t.Visible='1'
> >")
> >> Check if your assumption is true.
> >>
> >> Joanna

0
Degosserie

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

datawindow column headers disappearing
I have 6.5 and after making columns in the datawindow visable and then invisable a few times the header of a few columns disappear. Does anyone know a fix?? We sometimes get problems like this when the system is getting low on GDI's or memory. It is almost always after entering / exiting the system several times or running the debugger. More so when I run the program from the IDE than the app's EXE. Its not elegant but try shutting everything down and re-starting the app things should be back to normal. If they aren't there are several good memory monitor programs ava...

How I can get the column header name when i clicked on the concerned column header
Hi All I had a problem in getting the columnheader name . I had tried with dw.getcolumnname but not successfull . I was in very big dilema where to write the code(i mean what 'event') . Suppose i had a fullname as my columnheader then i should able to get the fullname when i click on that column. thanks vasu Vasu: You will want to code this in the clicked event. You can look at GetBandatPointer() and GetObjectatPointer() functions in help. HTH, Austin "vasu" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:UfS3lsO2CHA.345@forums.sybase.com... ...

How to get the column header value in the datawindow
Hi All I had problem regarding the column header number in datawindow . I mean that i want to get the column header value whenever i click on the column header, i was able to get the column header name with ("dwo.name"). Is there any chance of getting the column header value with dwo or other event plz help me thanks Assuming the header is a static text object, dwo.Text "venu" <pkkrao1@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:YBc1M7n2CHA.263@forums.sybase.com... > Hi All > > I had problem regarding the column header number in datawindow . ...

Crosstab datawindow column header names ???
I am trying to read column header values of a crosstab datawindow : - I tried GetItemString ( ), but what are the names of the text header fields : I only got the column name defined at design time. - A Describe ( "DataWindow.Crosstab.Columns" ) also give me names at design time. Thank you for your ideas... IIIP wrote: > > I am trying to read column header values of a crosstab datawindow : > - I tried GetItemString ( ), but what are the names of the text header fields : I only got the column name > defined at design time. > - A Describe ( "DataWindow....

Datawindow Crosstab column data and headers
How do I access the data in the dynamic crosstab columns? How do I access the text of the headers of the dynamic crosstab columns? ...

max no of chars of each column in powerbuilder datawindow
Hi ! I'm using powerbuilder 5.0 what's the max no of char(s) of each column in powerbuilder datawindow ... !? i found i can only input 200 char in a column as no limit set in the column ..... Pls advise ... JJ There is no restrictive limit the DW puts on column lengths, but your database may limit you. If you can't enter more data into your column then either make your column bigger or turn on vertical or horizontal scrolling. Regards, John Team Sybase "JJ" <jasonyklau@sinaman.com> wrote in message news:HbllVTg3CHA.187@forums.sybase...

Crosstab Datawindow column header sorting
Hi all, I have got a small question. I have a crosstab datawindow. Users would like to click on the column headers to sort the data. Can you please let me know if this is possible? If so, how? Thanking you in advance for your time. Best regards, Atm ...

Identity columns with ASA 6 and PowerBuilder datawindows
It seems that as of SQL Anywhere 6 the identity column feature does not work properly in the PB datawindow any more. As in version 5 it would automatically retrieve the newly created ID, you have to do it manually in ASA 6. The ASA 6 documentation explicitly mentions this. Has this been fixed in a later build of ASA 6? Why did it stop working? Thanks, Jacek Did you update your PBODB60.INI to accomodate ASA6? See the ASA help section "Upgrade notes for Powerbuilder and Infomaker users" >It seems that as of SQL Anywhere 6 the identity column feature does...

How to code, When clicked DataWindow Column Header then sort ?
Hello to you, How to code, When clicked DataWindow Column Header then sort ? Pls advice steven try copy it from PFC function "steven" <stvhui@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:fNYZJGCECHA.70@forums.sybase.com... > Hello to you, > > How to code, When clicked DataWindow Column Header then sort ? > > Pls advice > steven > > > ...

How to create dynamic columns in the Datawindow Using powerbuilder

Deleting Rows with Identity Columns through Powerbuilder Datawindow
Perhaps I should be posting this in a Powerbuilder newsgroup, but I am having the following problem: I have a Powerbuilder 6.5 application which is using an ASE 12.5 database with Enhanced Full Text Search. Because of the EFTS, many of the tables make use of identity columns. Whenever users attempt to delete a row from one of these tables through a datawindow, they receive a "Rows Changed Between Retrieve and Update Error"! I have tried changing the "ON DELETE" settings of the datawindow, but to no avail. However, I can delete records from the table th...

Does the HTML Datawindow have the ability to sort by clicking on the column header?
This was a feature of the Sybase Datawindow DTC. Please tell me if this is possible and where I can find documentation on how to do this. Thanks. Thanh You can send any modify expression to the Web Datawindow, so yes, the functionality is their, but this is the degree to which it is exposed. Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Team Sybase Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training http://www.dyn-data.com Thanh Le wrote in message <8leQezRr#GA.51@forums.sybase.com>... >This wa...

Reference the name of the header object for a column in a grid datawindow.
Hi, Does anyone know a way to reference (using the PFC is an option) the name of the static text header field for a column in a grid datawindow? I am doing dynamic column ordering in PB 8.01. This can be done by making columns invisible and then visible again in the order you want them displayed. Well in PB 6.5 all you had to do was do a Modify with the column number and set the visible property to 1. In PB 8.0 doing that only makes the column's data visible, but not the header text field. That needs to be done via another Modify. When in most cases using the column'...

Getting column's header in a Crosstab datawindow
Hi !! My problem is as follows I have made a cross tab datawindow. In that i want to change the column headers at runtime. How could i get cloumn header name(it will vary at runtime) and change it at runtime. One thing is that i can't use column expression because i have to get the value from other table. Thanks in advance. Dharani Babu adharani@ssind.stpn.soft.net ...

Web resources about - Columns header... - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Politics, Political News - The Capitol Column
Covering the politics of science, technology, business, entertainment, Capitol Hill, and health.

Column (typography) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In typography , a column is one or more vertical blocks of content positioned on a page, separated by gutters and/or rules . Columns are most ...

Column 8: 'Don't order anything'
A word of warning about the true meaning of Australia Post's 'Hold Mail' service from Brian Jeffrey, of Cook, ACT.

Column 8: 'I am the Jenny doll'
&quot;I am the Jenny doll, and was a flight attendant with Qantas for 13 years,&quot; writes Jennie Leroy (nee Tregaskis, Column 8, Monday). ...

Paris attacks: column in IS magazine warns of 9/11-scale attack to come
Under the byline of a hostage British journalist, Islamic State warns that it may attempt a terrorist attack even bigger than 9/11.

The 10 Best Online Columns Of All Time . . .
Former Biglaw partner and inhouse columnist Mark Herrmann identifies the ten best online columns of all time.

Should the Washington Post’s Ties to Reagan Library Be Disclosed in Columns Attacking Bill O’Reilly?
Much has been discussed regarding the recent spat between Washington Post columnist and Fox News contributor George Will and Fox News host and ...

Patt Rall Column: A little 'Therapy' goes a long way
Patt Rall Column: A little 'Therapy' goes a long way Bemidji Pioneer The entire ensemble is small but intense in their artistic pursuits: Norwood ...

In the middle of a NYT column explaining research into human psychology: "It had no effect on people ...
... in the Middle East among people who identified as politically conservative. It had no effect on people who identified as liberal. The column ...

Tim O'Sullivan column: Giving thanks to our father figures on this holiday
Concord Monitor Tim O' Sullivan column: Giving thanks to our father figures on this holiday Concord Monitor That man would be Celtics basketball ...