Column Moving in Grid Datawindow

Hi ,

 I am using grid datawindow in my application. After retrieving data i am
moving (changing the display order) the columns. That's working fine.
If  i retrieve the data again column display order goes back to original, is
there any i can keep column display order as i changed.

could you please help me in this regard

thanks in advance

senthil s

0
senthil

Re-retrieving the data won't reset the column order.  But reassigning
the dataobject or closing and reopening the window would.  Unless
you're using something like the PFC preferences service, there's
nothing that saves the changes in the grid layout between uses.

On 9 Jul 2004 02:36:02 -0700, "senthil sakthivel"
<senthil.shakthivel@isoftplc.com> wrote:

>Hi ,
>
> I am using grid datawindow in my application. After retrieving data i am
>moving (changing the display order) the columns. That's working fine.
>If  i retrieve the data again column display order goes back to original, is
>there any i can keep column display order as i changed.
>
>could you please help me in this regard
>
>thanks in advance
>
>senthil s

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

grid datawindow
first time using grid datawindows... when the select is done, the fields are inserted automatically. Thee columns are not in the proper order. How can i move them ? Go to the preview pane and move them from there. Just like you would do at runtime. Richard "Steph" <sybase.public.powerbuilder.general> wrote in message news:44859031$1@forums-2-dub... > first time using grid datawindows... > > when the select is done, the fields are inserted automatically. > Thee columns are not in the proper order. How can i move them ? > > Forget ...

Column moving in a grid datawindow.
We experience the following problem: In our app we can move columns around in grid datawindows. After having created at runtime a line object in the header this suddenly is no longer possible. Explicitly setting the Datawindow.Grid.ColumnMove property doesn't help. After deleting the line at runtime it works again. If I would create the line at design time everything works fine at runtime. Anybody any idea? Regards, Michael Cornelissen ...

Datawindow Grid and Column Move
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA To resize a column in a grid DW is necessary that the grid is displayed and the header's height is > 0 Ciao Angelo "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:93XUy0oLCHA.654@forums.sybase.com... > Hi. > > My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first > tabpage, is unchecked. It's posi...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

Autoscrolling grid datawindow while moving column
Does anyone know how to make a grid-style datawindow automatically scroll horizontally when a user drags a column past the edge of the datawindow? Or better yet, has anyone written a service that does this? ...

Capture Grid Datawindow Column Move
Is it possible to capture an event when a user has changed the column order in a grid datawindow? Grant Greaves Since I posted the question, I will show what I figured out: I compared the value of <DW Control Name>.Object.DataWindow.Table.GridColumns at the time of the clicked event and then after (not during) a lbuttonup event. If they are different then the column order has been changed. Grant Greaves wrote in message ... >Is it possible to capture an event when a user has changed the column order >in a grid datawindow? > >Grant Greaves > >...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Grid Datawindow Column Move Event?
Does anyone now if there is an event that can be mapped on a datawindow control that fires when a column is moved on a grid datawindow? IIRC, there's not. You'll have to use the events associated with the mouse buttons. It's been discussed before; a thorough search at http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search should give you the answers you need. HTH <Ron_Eyink> wrote in message news:E1798B98E06A9BBE007B107685256B05.007B108585256B05@webforums... > Does anyone now if there is an event that can be mapped on a datawindow > control that fires when a col...

Prevent a single column moving in Grid datawindow.
I was wondering if its possible to prevent a single column from being moved/resized in a grid datawindow. I want the user to have the ability to move/resize all other columns in this datawindow. Is it possible to lock/protect a single column ? Uncheck movable property for individual column, it is found in property page of each column. -Raj "Colin Brown" <myname@eircom.net> wrote in message news:oI1NmgNLCHA.196@forums.sybase.com... > I was wondering if its possible to prevent a single column from being > moved/resized in a grid datawindow. I want the user ...

Event for column move/resize in grid datawindow
It would be very very helpful if an event on the datawindow control would fire when a column in a grid datawindow was moved or resized by the user. Like a ColumnResizing event with dwo, row, oldHeight, oldWidth, newHeight, newWidth parms. Of course in a grid you would have a null dwo if it was just a pure vertical resize and row would be null if it was a pure horizontal resize as all columns or rows, respectively, would get the effect. I'd go for that. I bet it would be a pretty easy thing for Sybase to implement as well. -EGM M. Searer <nospam@nospam.com> wrot...

Column moves to end in grid datawindow PB8
Hi everyone, I have a grid datawindow and have made the first column (which happens to be the unique key that is auto-populated) not visible and I use a picture rowfocusindicator over it. So it acts as a placeholder really to force the first visible column to appear to the right of the rowfocusindicator. Well, I have discovered in PB8 that when I save the datawindow, PB moves the invisible column to the end of the detail band. This was not the behavior in PB7. How can I force this column to stay where I have intended? I have "column moving" unchecked. Thank...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Determining whether user is moving a column in a Grid datawindow
Is there anyway of determining whether a user is moving a column in a grid datawindow or whether they are just clicking on the header. I am using the PFC Column header sort service. I would like the user to be able to move columns around without the sort service executing. I am using PB 7.03 Regards Colin We do this by storing the mouse position in the lbuttondown even, and comparing it with the one in the lbuttonup event. If they're different, then some sort of drag operation has occurred. HTH S. -- Simon Caldwell Get Real Systems Ltd Holtby Manor, Stamford Brid...

Web resources about - Column Moving in Grid Datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo