Code table access

Hi;

I am using code table in a grid datawindow. The problem is how I can get the
edited value from the column.
Example:

Two lines in code table: display        data
                                            20.1            50.2
                                            23.6            52.3

The grid has two lines width displayvalue 20.1 and 23.6.  If I edit line 1
and change the value to 23.6 (same as line 2 in code table) I am not able to
get the edited value from line 1 in  the itemchanged event of the
datawindow.  Gettex() and data argument gives me both value 52.3 (the
datavalue of 23.6). If I enter a value that is not in the code table (19.2)
gettext() and data argument gives me 19.2 i.e entered value. I am
interrested in always getting the entered value. How can this be solved?

Magnus

0
Magnus

Have a look at the lookupdisplay function.

WErner Warger
PowerSolutions
Austria

"Magnus Haldorsen" <magnus.haldorsen@no.abb.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi;
>
> I am using code table in a grid datawindow. The problem is how I can get
the
> edited value from the column.
> Example:
>
> Two lines in code table: display        data
>                                             20.1            50.2
>                                             23.6            52.3
>
> The grid has two lines width displayvalue 20.1 and 23.6.  If I edit line 1
> and change the value to 23.6 (same as line 2 in code table) I am not able
> get the edited value from line 1 in  the itemchanged event of the
> datawindow.  Gettex() and data argument gives me both value 52.3 (the
> datavalue of 23.6). If I enter a value that is not in the code table
(19.2)
> gettext() and data argument gives me 19.2 i.e entered value. I am
> interrested in always getting the entered value. How can this be solved?
>
> Magnus

0
Werner

Access to code table
If I have a column on a datawindow of type DDLB, can I get access to the code table of that edit style? For example if I define a DDLB with the following code table: Display Value Data Value Choice1 C1 Choice2 C2 how can I get to these values at run time? Thanks, Juan Try to use GetValue function. Thanks, Anand Kumar Juan Garcia <jua@inel.gov> wrote in message news:38FE1290.E2EF1C9F@inel.gov... > If I have a column on a datawindow of type DDLB, can I get access to the > code table of that edit style? For example if I defin...

access to tables by datawindow
Hi all. I use PB7EE and ASA6.02. I made a structure of my database as DBA user. I wrote my pb application connecting to database as DBA user too. Now I need to make remote databases and run my pb application on these databases, but remote user is named as remote1,remote2, remote3, ... If I run my app on every remote database error occures, becouse my all datawindows have access without owner name i.e.: select kol1,kol2 from mytable If I write "select kol1,kol2 from DBA.mytable" all is ok. Is any simple way to fix this problem without fixing every datawindow and ...

Datawindow
Hi, I have a field that I've added to my datawindow that uses a code table to display a value. For example, 'O' = Open, 'C' = Completed. I cant get the display value to show. It always comes back with the 1 character value stored in the database. Am I missing something? Running PB 7.0 build 10135 dw calls Sybase 11.9.2 stored proc OS = WinNT 4.0 Thanks in advance. Russ On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:50:30 -0400, Russ wrote: > Hi, > > I have a field that I've added to my datawindow that uses a code table to > display a value. For exampl...

Dynamic table generation by JavaScript, Accessing row and data of dynamic table in C# code

datawindow

Use of code tables in Powerbuilder
Hi Guys, Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in PowerBuilder(8.0) Any reference site for this is most welcome!!! Thanks in advance, Manjula That's a rather vague question. Could you be a bit more specific about what you need to know? On 6 Dec 2006 03:17:56 -0800, "manjula" <vishal.manjula@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, > >Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in >PowerBuilder(8.0) >Any reference site for this is most welcome!!! > > >Thanks in advance, >Manjula ...

Use of code tables in Powerbuilder
Hi Guys, Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in PowerBuilder(8.0) Any reference site for this is most welcome!!! Thanks in advance, Manjula I responsed in the other section where you posted the same question. Please don't cross-post. On 6 Dec 2006 03:16:13 -0800, "manjula" <vishal.manjula@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, > >Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in >PowerBuilder(8.0) >Any reference site for this is most welcome!!! > > >Thanks in advance, >Manjula ...

Use of code tables in Powerbuilder
Hi Guys, Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in PowerBuilder(8.0) Any reference site for this is most welcome!!! Thanks in advance, Manjula Are you talking about the PBCatalog tables? If not, what kind of code tables? What is it you are looking for? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement "manjula" <vishal.manjula@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165403799.683243.326850@79g2000cws.go...

accessing table data from a datawindow
How do I display data from a table based on a boolean value of one of the columns within the table. Specifically, I have a table called Life_Expectancy. Along with name, age, race, male/female, etc., each record contains a column titled 'smoke'. I want to display the record in a datawindow based on whether the value of 'smoke' is yes or no. How do I access the information from the table to determine whether I should display the record or not? I am certain I could use an if else statement to check the value, but how do I access the table first? ...

How to generate Powerbuilder code from table
I am trying to figure out how to generate an NVO (nonvisual object) with standard getter/setter methods from a table. The ObjectArchitect module does a reasonable job of allowing the creation of an NVO with private instance variables whose access is controlled via get/set methods. However, I can't see a way in ObjectArchitect to pull a table from a datasource and then build a new class from it. Basically, I just trying to do a standard Java-style value object (pseudo-container managed persistance). Thanks, Jason You reverse engineer the table into the Physical model, t...

Accessing another users table in a datawindow
Guys, Probably simple solution somewhere, but how do you force the datawindow SQL to include the username of the table owner as part of the select syntax? I have my sqlany5.5 permissions to allow this user select only from the owner's table. It says the table is not found so I need each statement to have "table_owner_name"."table_name"."column_name", instead of just "table_name"."column_name". Do I have to use dynamic SQL for all situations like these (that will really be a pain in the ass)? Virtually yours, Orlan Franks ...

GridView data table and MS Access table. Some time I like MS Access...
Hi: I want all the rows and coloums data showing in the GridView can be editable, just like the MS Access table on the form, you can modify and update any cell and it will be saved if your mouse leave that cell (or you click "Save" button). The reason I ask is: everyday I have about hundrands of data need to be set the date(Today's date), to be set the status (on/off), and input Receipt Num, if I using Gridview's "Edit" "Update" feature, I find there are still two many clicks, and also the selected rows changing the size and p...

specail code for updating more than a table in the datawindow!!
Hi .... suppose that I have a window that consists of more than one data window , each datawindow consists of more than one table .. when selecting rows then update we can update only one table at a time .. so is there a specail line of code that allow me to update more than a table in datawindow .. ? by the way .. am not having enough information using PFC so please if you have another ways for writing script tell me as soon as possible ..... I really appreciate that .. thanks alot ... In PFC, you can use the n_cst_dwsrv_multitable service on the datawindow to update to mo...

Accessing a table column in the Code Behind?
I am new to ASP.NET 2.0 and am struggling with how to pluck databound items out of a FormView.  I have set up my web form to utilize the ObjectDataSource controls of ASP.net 2.0 to drill down to a single record in a sql table. That one record is displayed in a formview.   In this case I have Formview3 that contains LOMClientIID as the keyfield, LOMClientName, LOMClientStatusCode and LOMCDate.  In the code behind I want to check the LOMClientStatusCode and LOMCDate for certain conditions to either display a message or use a server.redirect to go elsewhere.&...

Web resources about - Code table access - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Trudeau says improving access to information will make government better
Ensuring Canadians have access to federal information will mean more and sometimes difficult public scrutiny, but ultimately it will lead to ...

Making Access To Information Better Will Make Improve Government, Trudeau Says 54
The Liberals will conduct a "proper review" of the decades-old Access to Information Act with the aim of figuring out "what is actually going ...

DNC Agrees To Give Voter Data Access Back To Sanders Campaign
The presidential campaign filed a lawsuit in federal court Friday after the Democratic National Committee barred its aides from accessing voter ...

Under pressure, DNC restores Bernie Sanders campaign's access to their database - Videos - CBS News
... of a shared data system, costing them hundreds of thousands of dollars a day, but after viral petitions, the DNC restored the campaigns access ...

Bernie Sanders and the DNC reach a deal on voter file access
CNN Bernie Sanders and the DNC reach a deal on voter file access CNN Washington (CNN) [Breaking news update, Saturday 12:10 a.m. ET]. A deal ...

Bernie Sanders Will Get His Data Access Back
Bernie Sanders will have his voter file access restored to him Saturday morning, according to the DNC and the Sanders campaign. Buzzfeed has ...

Sanders Campaign Sues DNC For Shutting Off Access To Voter File
Sanders Campaign Sues DNC For Shutting Off Access To Voter File

DNC restores Sanders campaign access to voter file
... request to provide the information that we have requested of them. Based on this information, we are restoring the Sanders campaign’s access ...