changing print specification at runtime

Hi all,

I have a printer that can print on A3 or A4 but allways defined as A4 -
Portrait in windows.

I need pb to be able to print to this printer a wide report, on the A3
paper, automatically, without involvment of the user.

If this not possiable, I can allso use a way to find out what are the
current print specifications of the default printer.

Thanks,

    Adva.

0
adva

Assuming you are printing a datawindow and not using the PrintDatawindow()
function (which overrides the dw settings and uses the current printer
settings) you only need to set the Paper.Size property of the dw.

Ex.

dw_1.Object.DataWindow.Print.Paper.Size = 8
~ or ~
dw_1.Modify("DataWindow.Print.Paper.Size = 8")

HTH

-EGM

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The following table is from PB 6.5 Help file:
0 - Default paper size for the printer
1 - Letter 8 1/2 x 11 in
2 - LetterSmall 8 1/2 x 11in
3 - Tabloid 17 x 11 inches
4 - Ledger 17 x 11 in
5 - Legal 8 1/2 x 14 in
6 - Statement 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 in
7 - Executive 7 1/4 x 10 1/2 in
8 - A3 297 x 420 mm
9 - A4 210 x 297 mm
10 - A4 Small 210 x 297 mm
11 - A5 148 x 210 mm
12 - B4 250 x 354 mm
13 - B5 182 x 257 mm
14 - Folio 8 1/2 x 13 in
15 - Quarto 215 x 275mm
16 - 10x14 in
17 - 11x17 in
18 - Note 8 1/2 x 11 in
19 - Envelope #9 3 7/8 x 8 7/8
20 - Envelope #10 4 1/8 x 9 1/2
21 - Envelope #11 4 1/2 x 10 3/8
22 - Envelope #12 4 x 11 1/276
23 - Envelope #14 5 x 11 1/2
24 - C size sheet
25 - D size sheet
26 - E size sheet
27 - Envelope DL 110 x 220mm
28 - Envelope C5 162 x 229 mm
29 - Envelope C3 324 x 458 mm
30 - Envelope C4 229 x 324 mm
31 - Envelope C6 114 x 162 mm
32 - Envelope C65 114 x 229 mm
33 - Envelope B4 250 x 353 mm
34 - Envelope B5 176 x 250 mm
35 - Envelope B6 176 x 125 mm
36 - Envelope 110 x 230 mm
37 - Envelope Monarch 3.875 x 7.5 in
38 - 6 3/4 Envelope 3 5/8 x 6 1/2 in
39 - US Std Fanfold 14 7/8 x 11 in
40 - German Std Fanfold 8 1/2 x 12 in
41 - German Legal Fanfold 8 1/2 x 13 in
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

adva <Adva_Enbar@splsoftware.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a printer that can print on A3 or A4 but allways defined as A4 -
> Portrait in windows.
>
> I need pb to be able to print to this printer a wide report, on the A3
> paper, automatically, without involvment of the user.
>
> If this not possiable, I can allso use a way to find out what are the
> current print specifications of the default printer.
>
> Thanks,
>
>     Adva.

0
Edward

PowerBuilder 6 changes printed datawindow font
We recently migrated an application from PowerBuilder 5 to PowerBuilder 6. One of the datawindows has fields using the Microsoft Sans Serif 8 font. When printed, the font is different on two of the same HP printers. Both of the printers printed exactly the same way when the application was in PowerBuilder 5. Also, the verticle field spacing has changed from PowerBuilder 5 to PowerBuilder 6. Has anybody had these results? Does the 6.0.01 patch (currently in beta) fix this? Brian Valerie, A change to the way PBU's are calculated was made to PB6. The end result is that PB...

Printing a Datawindow in PowerBuilder
I have some problems properly printing a datawindow in PowerBuilder. When I print a document the printer will print the top half of the ast line on the third and bottom half of the line on the fourt page. In my datawindow I only have aboout four fields but the last one is a SQL Server "TEXT" field, so this field can store many pages of information. In the PowerBuilder Data Window I have the field set to auto size height. Another thing I have noticed that it prints differently on different computers, meaning it may print fine on one computer and not on another. S...

changing column specification in datawindow
Hi I am using the Datawindow .NET designer (version 1.5 beta2). I am displaying a retrieval argument in a column (performed by making the retrieval argument a datawindow computed column). The datawindow designer has set the column specification for the column to char(1). Is there a way to make this larger, eg: char(30)? In my PB days, we would export, edit and import the DW. Should I be doing that here? That would work, or right click on the datawindow, choose edit source, change the 1 to 30 and save. "JC" <dwnoob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:429e...

Problem while changing datawindow color at runtime
Hello I am using Pb6.5 Build 444 . In my application I am changing the window color and datawindow color at runtime according to some user settings in the ini file.All the editable columns in my datawindow have background color as transparent . When this column getfocus I see the the datawindow color which was at the runtime in that column. This color appears only at the bottom of the column area i.e the space left between the data and the column border. I tried using autosize height feature but during changing focus this introduces some amount of flicker where that column appear...

How to print AutoCAD drawing in a powerbuilder datawindow
Hi all, I want to print AutoCAD drawing as a part of document with headers and footers using powerbuilder datawindow. Can anyone suggest how to do it. Thanks for help Vinay ...

newbie: change the datawindow style at runtime?
I want to allow the user to click a button and change the datawindow style. So, if data window is showing as freeform, then the user clicks the button and the datawindow changes to grid style. This would allow the user to see more than one record at a time using the grid style and edit a single record using the freeform style. How can i do this? -- Thanks, Stephane Viau Ottawa, Canada A possible solution is to build all the datawindow objects you need and then change the DataObject proporty for the datawindow control to whatever datawindow you want, for example: Clic...

Printing datawindow contents to a file at Runtime.
I am trying to print a data window's contennts to a file. I have a report style datawindow and would like it to print it to a file in my program instead of the user having to select print to a file. Is there any way to do this? I would like the report printed to a file and the user not even know that a datawindow is there. Can this be done? Thanks, TheOne In the Power++ Online Documentation Contents open the DataWindow Control for ActiveX Programming Reference. Then open Datawindow Object Properties, and then the DataWindow link. Then scroll down to Print.property. I...

Change DataWindow SQL statement at runtime?
Is it possible to change the DW SQL statement at runtime? I want to retrieve records according to a retrieval argument if the user supply it, otherwise I want to retrieve all records (i.e. removing the WHERE clause from the SQL statement). Thanks. Michael Michael, you can do what your asking two ways: 1) If there is not much data to retrieve, then retrieve it all then use the SetFilter ( ) and Filter ( ) methods of the DataWindow control to narrow down what's visible. The nice thing about this technique is that you don't have to go back to the database if the user wan...

How I change in a datawindow the printer i want to print
I want to change for dw_1 datawindow the printer dinamically, example if user1 send dw_1 to printera or if user2 send dw_1 to printerb. how i can do that Yo can not change the printer dynamically using PB means. Taking into account that PB (as any other application) prints onto default printer you need to change it. Take a look at the document titled: "Dynamically Setting a Default Printer on Win95 and NT (32 bit only)" published at http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,3151,47627,00.html. This is what you need. It will solve your problem. Regards, Vladimir. calm_19...

Changing DataWindow appearance shut down PowerBuilder
Hi All I use PB 8.0.1 Build 8004 on NT 4.0 SP 6 I have DataWindow in which I'd like change properties for some columns. When I click on it PowerBuilder shut down. Clicking on text or computed field works OK. Thanks in advance Przemek Delete the registery key located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Sybase/powerbuilder Then try. If problem continues try to save the dw with another name & try. Let me know. Good Luck Arun "Przemyslaw Kruczek" <przemyslaw_kruczek@rzesa.rzeszow.pl> wrote in message news:hFxCd36hBHA.375@forums.sybase.com... > Hi ...

Printing datawindow contents to a file at Runtime.
I am trying to print a data window's contennts to a file. I have a report style datawindow and would like it to print it to a file in my program instead of the user having to select print to a file. Is there any way to do this? I would like the report printed to a file and the user not even know that a datawindow is there. Can this be done? Thanks, TheOne In the Power++ Online Documentation Contents open the DataWindow Control for ActiveX Programming Reference. Then open Datawindow Object Properties, and then the DataWindow link. Then scroll down to Print.property. I...

PB, print a datawindow with a specific font
Hello everybody, I have the next problem : I want to print a datawindow with this specific fonts 'OCR-B 10Pitch BT (TRUETYPE)'. This font doesn't exist in fonts for windows 95. So I have add it. So now, I can use this font in a datawindow painter but When I want to print this window, I have strange character. When I print a letter with this font in word, I have no problem. The printer can print with this font. So I think, It is powerbuilder that can't manage this font. I must use absolutly this font in PB. Thanks for all We use OCR fonts with no problem. ...

changing width of a entire datawindow at runtime
windows98, pb7 I am using a tabular datawindow created at runtime and a grid datawindow wich share the same data. When the user modify the width of one column in the grid datawindow, the tabular datawindow is re-created with the new width using the modify function and modifying the X property. Although, sometimes a blank space still remains at right of the datawindow and causes to display a blank page between each page. How to resize the datawindow to the exact width of its columns or how to create a datawindow at runtime specifying columns width? dw_1.Create(dw_1.Describe(&...

Change printed Text at runtime
Hello everyone, when loading a fastreport, preparing the report and try to print, the value of the datasetfields are filled in the event afterdata. I would like to change the results of the databasefields at runtime without using fastscript. Because frxReport1 doesn't have the event afterdata, I tried all events attached to frxReport1 and the only one, that has already the result of the datasetfields is frxReport1AfterPrint(Sender: TfrxReportComponent). That's why, I tried this one. The Problem is, that it runs into the event, displays the right value, makes the changes, but the c...

Web resources about - changing print specification at runtime - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Open XML Paper Specification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The XPS document format consists of structured XML markup that defines the layout of a document and the visual appearance of each page, along ...

INFOGRAPHIC: Where To Find Dimensions, Specifications For Facebook Ad Units
As Facebook continues to simplify and tweak its advertising offerings, staying on top of details such as dimensions and specifications can be ...

Infographic: A visual guide to Facebook’s ad creative specifications
... should the text run? Ampush , a Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Developer, put together a comprehensive infographic detailing the specifications ...

BlackBerry 10 vs iPhone 5 - Full specification - YouTube
BlackBerry 10 vs iPhone 5 Subscribe Us :: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=AGmobileTech

Volvo four-cylinder engines: specifications and details
New range of four-cylinder engines promises big fuel economy gains.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 release date, specifications, pricing and photos
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is official. Its release date, pricing and specifications have been revealed.

HTC One Max Android phone (preview) Specifications - Mobile Phones - Smart Phones - Good Gear Guide by ...
The One Max has a 5.9in display, a microSD card slot, and includes a fingerprint scanner on the back *Specifications are subject to change without ...

Ford confirms Australian Mustang specifications
Details of the Australian models locked down ahead of launch.

MIX11: Microsoft updates Windows Phone 7 chassis specification to include Adreno - Pocket Gamer.biz ...
Microsoft's minimum specs for handsets looking to run Windows Phone 7 were, at the time of the platform's release, considered competitive. The ...

Agile Test Case Management – Specifications and Executable Specifications
Long gone are the relative safe topics from the first three posts in this series and we’re well into realm of dangerous with Specification and ...