Cannot convert in DataWindow SQL Painter

Hi

I'm using PB7.02 / ASA 7.0.3.

When I write the following statement in the datawindow SQL painter:

convert( datetime, substring( :as_Start,1,4) + '-' + right(:as_End,2) +
'-1')

and want to return I got the message:
Cannot convert 0-0-1 to a timestamp.

Version 5.5.05 of SQL Anywhere was fine with this.

Any ideas.
Regards
Arthur

0
Arthur_Hefti

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Problems within Datawindow Painter (SQL Painter)
When in the SQL Painter I receive a Database error when exiting and any changes to the SQL are lost. I just installed the EBF Build 8046. Within the documentation for this EBF it speaks to not being able to use '*=' any longer. We do not use that syntax but rather 'LEFT OUTER JOIN'. I copied the syntax that was in the EBF notes but this also gave the same error. Looking for someone who has had this problem and has a work around. There are things within the 8046 build that we require, but if this can not be fixed I guess I will have to go back to 8011. Than...

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

Datawindow painter excruciatingly slow on some datawindows
PB 7.0.03 Bld 10009, Oracle 7.3 What kinds of things make the datawindow and/or SQL painters "stop and think"? The client has some datawindows that are *painfully* slow when opening the SQL painter for the datawindow. The one I'm waiting on right now is in grid style. The SQL is in non-graphic mode and has a select with 14 tables with appropriate joins and a long list in the GROUP BY section. Preview mode is off. I've been waiting for 5 minutes. I've had these take 8 - 10 minutes before. This takes a mean bite out of productivity. jshark I wo...

SQL
pb 7.0.3 I cant seem to make the following query in SQL data source painter: SELECT coa.coa_code, coa.account_group1, accountgroups.ac_group_code FROM coa INNER JOIN accountgroups ON coa.account_group1=accountgroups.ac_group_code; it appears that the SQL data source painter in dw allows INNER JOIN where names of columns are same in both the tables. The above works when i issues Raw select command in my scripts or use createfromsynatx() .. Is there a way to write manual queries that can be made as data source of a datawindow ? Thanks Nohman oh well i didnt look at the...

Powerbuilder Datawindow Painter.
We have developed an application that allows user to create custom data entry windows using datawindow painter dw60.exe (PB 6.5.1). This works very well for our users who are non IT people. The problem we have is that dw60.exe is distributed with the Powerbuilder but not sold as a separate purchasable product. After discussions with Sybase representatives we have each user purchase a copy of Infomaker to make them 'legal'. We are not totally happy with this situation as we move forward to PB 8 also we are not sure if there is a dw80.exe or whether this will be supp...

Datawindow SQL Painter sometimes crashes when opening SQL in PB9
We recently migrated from PB7 to PB9. I have a few datawindows that open fine in PB7 but when I open the SQL in PB9, PowerBuiler crashes. These datawindows work fine in the executable PB9 application, but I can't open the SQL. Termination error reads: "AppName: pb90.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.5507 ModName: pbsql90.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.6066 Offset: 0005c8f" I don't know of any common thread in these few datawindows that would make them have problems while most of the other datawindows do not. I noticed that a few other people have posted this (or a s...

changing datawindow connection is breaking my datawindow SQL
Hi I have had to move a number of datawindows from Oracle 9i running on a windows 2003 to Oracle 9i on AIX 4.3.3 (which is also on a private network, and requires a VPN to connect to). In the datawindow designer, I have also had to change the database interface from O90 Oracle 9i to an ODBC datasource (because I was not able to connect). In doing so, I have had to graphically re-create all the DW SQL again because I get this error: Table "XYZ" has no columns, possible invalid table format. Do you want to continue in graphic mode? If I select "NO", the SQL is...

Datawindow SQL Painter crashes sometimes when opening the SQL in PB 9
I have datawindows that open fine in PB 8 and when I open the SQL in PB 9, Powerbuilder crashes. It has happened with several windows in an application that I migrated to Powerbuilder 9. These datawindows seem to work fine in the executable application but I can't open the SQL. I can't see any common thread in them. None of them are trying to open in graphics view. What database? On Fri, 30 May 2003 18:06:01 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow <jmoen> wrote: >I have datawindows that open fine in PB 8 and when I open the SQL in PB 9, &...

DataWindow SQL Painter Syntax
Does anyone know what the proper syntax is for the DataWindow Painter SQL syntax to accept SQL 6.5 style JOIN statements. For example I was trying to get the SQL style statement such as this to create my datawindow : SELECT distinct CoABC_order.order_id, CoABC_order_ids.cust_order_id, CoABC_order.order_date, CoABC_order_item.prod_id, CoABC_member_a.sip_tag, CoABC_member_a.CoABC_mem_alias, CoABC_member_a.CoABC_mem_alias, CoABC_member_b.CoABC_mem_alias, CoABC_billing.last_name, CoABC_billing.first_name, CoABC_shipping.last_name, CoABC_sh...

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Datawindows with child datawindows

DataWindow Within DataWindow

Using SQL in datawindow painter
I have learned by trial and error some ways to use the datawindow painter to make SQL statements and computed columns. For instance on the "Computed Column" line in the SQL Select page of the datawindow painter I can do things like: 0 "copy_from" 0 || widthno grid_width ' ' linetype '000' totals_sort Is there any documentation on how to do this? How can I create columns with different data types, like decimal. The ones above are char(3), or longs, etc. Where do you learn about using ||, etc? Are there any other tricks? Thanks, paul@...

datawindow

Datawindow Painter crashing when viewing SQL
I have a problem with vieweing the SQL on all datawindows. PowerBuilder crashes as soon as I try to view the SQL behind any datawindow. I can open the Datawindow painter and retreive, but it crashes when viewing the SQL. I am using PB 7.0.3 with Oracle 8 DB and oracle 9 client. Thanks, Kiril. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp > I have a problem with vieweing the SQL on all datawindows. > PowerBuilder crashes as soon as I try to view the SQL > behind any datawindow. I can open the Datawindow paint...

Convert datawindow to XML in Powerbuilder 7
how do I convert my datawindow to xml file? I am using powerbuilder 7. Thank =) You have two choices: 1. By hand. Loop through the rows and columns and parse the XML together. 2. Upgrade to PB9, which was when XML export was introduced as a native functionality. On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 00:28:19 -0700 (PDT), d3t <d3t21985@gmail.com> wrote: >how do I convert my datawindow to xml file? I am using powerbuilder 7. >Thank =) I guess I can't upgarde my pb7 to pb9 since all of our applications are already running in pb7. Upgarding might cause a lot of problems ...

DataWindow Painter and MS SQL Server
My application was created using PB8.0.1 and accessed a Sybase database. All of my data windows were created without the database owner in front of the table name. We are now converting to Microsoft SQL server and now the datawindow painter wants the database owner and table name. Is there a way to get the datawindow painter to work with SQL server like it does with ASE 12.5? Yes the painter wants the prefix, but the windows should retrieve correctly at run time. I believe if you put your developers in the dbowner role in the development database the issue should go away. ...

Problem with SQL parsing in datawindow painter....
PB 6.5, NT latest and greatest when working in the datawindow painter in graphics or text mode, the following part of my SQL statement gives me an error (something like "unable to convert VARCHAR value '0' to a DATETIME field " ) Part of SQL follows..... ( pmacs_security_group.end_date > convert(datetime, :as_system_date) OR pmacs_security_group.end_date IS NULL) If I change the "OR" to a "AND" the statement gets through PB's parsing, but this is not the statement I need.... Has anyone run into this and a way to get around it? -...

Datawindow
I am writing to just ask for some general advise with regard to the SQL Painter in a Datawindow and the Convert to Syntax option. I had a situation come up yesterday wherein I just could not get a report to do what I wanted it to do, using the painter. The report needed to run a sub query that returned the sum of a field in another table related to the master table. The second table was a many of a one to many relationship. I worked with it for some time without success. Finally I tried writing it with regular SQL with the convert to Syntax option. This solved the problem. M...

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

Web resources about - Cannot convert in DataWindow SQL Painter - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo