call oracle function

hi there
I have a select statement (oracle) in a datawindow. in this sql statement I
want to use a function I have defined in oracle. With SQL+ I can execute
this function without any problem.

But in a datawindow there happens nothing. no error and the other select
data are displayed correctly. only the data from the functio is null??????

Any help ?

Thank you
Markus

0
Markus

Works for us when the function returns a valid value when called with
appropriate arguments. Can you run the SQL [not just the function call] from
SQL+?
Please post the SQL from the datawindow and the function declaration and
maybe we can see what the problem is..

Markus Pfyl wrote in message ...
>hi there
>I have a select statement (oracle) in a datawindow. in this sql statement I
>want to use a function I have defined in oracle. With SQL+ I can execute
>this function without any problem.
>
>But in a datawindow there happens nothing. no error and the other select
>data are displayed correctly. only the data from the functio is null??????
>
>Any help ?
>
>Thank you
>Markus

0
Jerry
4/26/2002 3:27:54 PM
Got the wrong part - stupid error.
Thanx anyway for helping
Markus

"Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Works for us when the function returns a valid value when called with
> appropriate arguments. Can you run the SQL [not just the function call]
from
> SQL+?
> Please post the SQL from the datawindow and the function declaration and
> maybe we can see what the problem is..
>
> Markus Pfyl wrote in message ...
> >hi there
> >I have a select statement (oracle) in a datawindow. in this sql statement
> >want to use a function I have defined in oracle. With SQL+ I can execute
> >this function without any problem.
> >
> >But in a datawindow there happens nothing. no error and the other select
> >data are displayed correctly. only the data from the functio is
null??????

> >Any help ?
> >
> >Thank you
> >Markus

0
Markus

Error: PB9/Oracle 9i when Datawindow calls PL/SQL Function
This post is listed under the General and Connectivity newsgroups as well. We are migrating from 7.0.3 to PB9 Build 5507 and using Oracle 9i client software. We are using the Sybase 9i driver that came with the installation software. When retrieving a datawindow that makes a call to a PL/SQL package and passes both a string and a date parameter, the following error occurs: "ORA-06553: PLS-307: too many declarations in 'function name' match this call. Do you want to correct errors?" This function has worked with Sybase Oracle 7 and 8 drivers with no problems....

Error: PB9/Oracle 9i when Datawindow Calls PL/SQL Function
This post is listed under the General newsgroups as well. We are migrating from 7.0.3 to PB9 Build 5507 and using Oracle 9i client software. We are using the Sybase 9i driver that came with the installation software. When retrieving a datawindow that makes a call to a PL/SQL package and passes both a string and a date parameter, the following error occurs: "ORA-06553: PLS-307: too many declarations in 'function name' match this call. Do you want to correct errors?" This function has worked with Sybase Oracle 7 and 8 drivers with no problems. There is mentio...

Calling Oracle Stored Function calls using JDBC?
To prepare our application for Appeon Server, we are changing our Oracle DB interaction from Native Oracle Driver to using JDBC so we can deploy the app on Appeon. Does someone know the SYNTAX on how to call oracle stored function from PB using JDBC. Some sample code would be apprecaited.. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0469_01C40859.331BADA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quote...

Using RPCFUNC when calling Oracle Procedures/Functions in Oracle PACKAGES
I have looked at the documentation that I have, and found that RPCFUNC is the recommended option to call remote stored procedures. Does this, however, also work with Oracle packages (functions and procedures within an Oracle package)? I have done the following: 1. Created a user object (uo_transaction) inherited from transaction and had the following on its Decalre Local External Functions: FUNCTION string get_ins_address_zid(string address_type_zid, string address_line1, string address_line2, string address_line3, string brgy_zid) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "MAPI_CENTRAL.TBPKG__A...

PB 10.5.1 Build 6021 , Oracle 10g server , Oracle 8i client. Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last character is getting truncated
Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last character is getting truncated. Similar Support Case : CR Number: 386424 Case Number: 11158124 I tried Disableunicode = 1 and not working .Is there any other workaround for oracle 8i client. That case was for Oracle 9i server and 8i client. There was a second workaround which was to use the Oracle 9i client. Not sure if that would work for you since you're on Oracle 10g server. > Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last > character is getting truncated. > > Simi...

Calling a PowerBuilder Function...
Hi Everyone, Ok, here's my problem : I've made a HTML Page with CheckBoxes and a button. When I click on the button I want to catch all checkboxes that are checked to delete the entries in a database. So my problem is to give a PwerBuilder function all adequate parameters from within a HTML Page. Please Help !!! Thanx You need to give each checkbox field a name and a value. Something like this: <input type="checkbox" name="question026" value="2"> Then in your PB function, declare your arguments with the same name as the c...

how to call an oracle function
how do i call an oracle function from a c# asp.net application? i need to call: ops$sqltime.pa_new_job_no_fn which should return the next job_no. given a project_no. thanks in advance. // not tested, but should work OracleCommand cmd       = new OracleCommand("ops$sqltime.pa_new_job_no_fn","connection_string"); cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; OracleParameter p_number = new OracleParameter(); p_numberl.OracleDbType = OracleDbType.Decimal; p_number.Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue; cmd.Parameters.Add(p_number); // open databas...

function call from datawindow
I have a nested report that works fine in the dw painter and it works fine when my app is executed from PB. But when it is run from the executable some values are not being computed. They are all zeros. There is a computed column as follows: f_compute_mbq(f_compute_decay(activity...) ) I have another computed column as follows: f_compute_test(f_compute_decay(activity...) ) the code for f_compute_mbq is as follows: activity is the computed value passed in. decimal ld_inter_mbq,ld_mbq activity = Abs(round((activity / 1000.0000000),8)) ld_inter_mbq = activity * 370000000...

function call from datawindow
PB8.0.3/Oracle8i Hello Could someone help me with this question, please: is it possible to call PowerBuilder function from within SQL statement on the datawindow? When I try to call PB function from the SQL, I get Oracle error "Invalid column name". What I am trying to accomplish is rather easy if I create a function on the database and include the function call in the SQL of the datawindow. I would like however, to minimize the impact of this change on the database. Thank you in advance Roman > is it possible to call PowerBuilder function from within SQL...

Oracle function call
------=_NextPart_000_512F_01C54762.D2410210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Disclaimer:=20 This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that = is confidential, proprietary to HCL Technologies and its customers. = Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The = information is solely intended for the individual or the entity it is = addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you = are not authorized to read, forward, print, retain, copy or disse...

function call in datawindow
I used a compute object to call a function in my datawindow. However, I can't see the output when I preview the datawindow. But it works fine when I run it from the IDE or in runtime environment. But for those datawindows migrated from version 5 doesn't have this problem. I am using PB 6.5 build 444, NT with SP4 and Oracle 7.3 Thanks for any reply! This should work. Are you using an external dw? Make sure that you insert a row. Ken Drendel Bruce Yuan wrote: > I used a compute object to call a function in my datawindow. However, I > can't see the ou...

call function from datawindow
Dear friends, Is it possible to define an expression in the computed column to call a function that returns a string in my datawindow? for example in my datawindow dw_cv_blob, I have a computed column called, benefit which in the expression calling a global function that returns a string. However when I preview the datawindow, no any string returned to the computed column. Your help much appreciated. Syed. -- Syed Ibrahim Sapura Advanced Systems Sdn. Bhd, 18th Floor, Menara Tun Razak, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tel: (03) 295-3472, (03) 294-3000 Fax: (...

How call a Oracle Function using Microsoft .Net Oracle Client (System.Data.OracleClient)?
I try to call Oracle Function in .net C# by using System.Data.OracleClient. But i am not successful. Here is my code FUNCTION TTHAO_MONTT_EXISTS ( vten varchar2) RETURN boolean IS ret boolean; montt_id integer; BEGIN ret:=false; montt_id:= -1; select monthethao_id into montt_id from TTHAO_MONTHETHAO where ten = vten; if montt_id!=-1 then ret:=true; end if; return ret; Exception when others then return false; END; I do not know, when I call function TTHAO_MONTT_E...

Need to call Authenticate function before calling Read function
Hi, I am trying to set the datasource of a GridView to an ObjectDataSource.  The Object I am using calls a web service so on every function I use, I need to Authenticate the user first. This is normally how I would call a function from code-behind:1 Dim ws As New MyService.Items 2 MyFunctions.PopulateSoapHeader(ws, Session("LOGINKEY")) 'this is a function that passes the login key on each function 3 Dim ds As DataSet 4 ds = ws.ReadItems()  Now, my ObjectDataSource looks like this: <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsItem" runat="serve...

Web resources about - call oracle function - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Wave function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... (a ball attached to a spring ) in classical mechanics (A-B) and quantum mechanics (C-H). In quantum mechanics (C-H), the ball has a wave function ...

TV binging, exercise skipping linked to poor cognitive function
... their fit, less TV-addicted counterparts. In particular, couch potatoes had slightly lower brain processing speeds and worse executive function, ...

iPhone best tricks and functions - Business Insider
Your iPhone can do a lot more than you think.

Learning F# – Passing Parameters to Functions
One of the first issues I faced when learning F# was finding out how to specify multiple parameters to a function. While this might sound obvious ...

HPE Offers Catalog of Virtual Network Functions for Telcos
The vendor's OpenNFV Solution Portal gives carriers a single place to find a range of VNFs that are pre-tested to run on their networks.

7 Useful Technical SEO Functions For Your E-commerce Website
This article was co-authored by Mate Dyekiss, SEO Strategist at IMI. An e-commerce website can create all the technical SEO issues onecan imagine: ...

Using AWS Lambda functions to create print ready files
... going to tell you about our processing architecture as well as at a recent performance improvement with the integration of AWS Lambda functions. ...

Madras HC asks police to allow Tipu’s birth anniversary function
... Station on a petition filed by Ismail, General Secretary of Thamizhaga Makkal Jananayaga Katchi, seeking grant of permission to hold the function. ...

Colorado governor: This Planned Parenthood shooting may be a function of inflammatory rhetoric from bloggers ...
Via Grabien , skip to 4:45 of the clip below for the key bit. I naively thought we were (mostly) done with “climate of hate” stupidity after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...