Blank pages in bewtween each printed pages in report

The report prints blank page in between every printed page
report.  The report is generated from datawindow which is
composed  with 5 sub datawindows and summary and footers.  I
can't figure out where the blan page is coming from when I
print the report.  Any debugging suggestions email would be
appreciated.
0
hlim

This is a common problem. It just means that one or more items on the
righthand side of your main dw or nests exceed the right margin. Even if an
object is set to invisible the printer will react to it...hence the extra
page. Just open all yours bands wide to find the culprit(s).

HTH

Greg
<hlim@mail.arc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
> The report prints blank page in between every printed page
> report.  The report is generated from datawindow which is
> composed  with 5 sub datawindows and summary and footers.  I
> can't figure out where the blan page is coming from when I
> print the report.  Any debugging suggestions email would be
> appreciated.

0
GW
5/25/2004 8:46:10 PM
Please, take into consideration that adjusting your controls
inside the margin would affect printing only if the
adjustments are done in painter. I believe you would face
the extra blank page if you adjust them in run-time before
printing. It could be a PB bug, but I'm not sure about it.

> This is a common problem. It just means that one or more
> items on the righthand side of your main dw or nests
> exceed the right margin. Even if an object is set to
> invisible the printer will react to it...hence the extra
> page. Just open all yours bands wide to find the
> culprit(s).
>
> HTH
>
> Greg
> <hlim@mail.arc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
> > The report prints blank page in between every printed
> > page report.  The report is generated from datawindow
> > which is composed  with 5 sub datawindows and summary
> > and footers.  I can't figure out where the blan page is
> > coming from when I print the report.  Any debugging
> > suggestions email would be appreciated.

0
Danny
5/26/2004 7:04:58 AM
I agree, probably some stray control.

As a debugging tip, I select all the controls and set their border to box.
This way you may be able to see the problem better.

Also, in the painter preview, the microhelp on the frame will indicate
Horizontal pages if there are more than 1.

<GW> wrote in message news:40b3b092@forums-1-dub...
> This is a common problem. It just means that one or more items on the
> righthand side of your main dw or nests exceed the right margin. Even if
an
> object is set to invisible the printer will react to it...hence the extra
> page. Just open all yours bands wide to find the culprit(s).
>
> HTH
>
> Greg
> <hlim@mail.arc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
> > The report prints blank page in between every printed page
> > report.  The report is generated from datawindow which is
> > composed  with 5 sub datawindows and summary and footers.  I
> > can't figure out where the blan page is coming from when I
> > print the report.  Any debugging suggestions email would be
> > appreciated.

0
Bob

Printing multiple reports on web page prints blank pages
When trying to print web pages with multiple Report viewers, some pc's print ok, others print blank pages.  Any idea to handle this variance in printers?  Thanks ..Troy...

Blank page between pages in preview mode but no blank page when print out
Dear all, I hit a problem that some of the cliend PC will have blank page between every pages in preview mode but no blank page when print out for one same report, and the blank page will have the same page number as the page before it and it is not a horizontal page, and I am running PB7 PBD on NT Workstation Is it a known bug or there are some work around ? Thanks in advance Regards Bill Increase the height of DW to be same as the place of page break <Bill> wrote in message news:ABDE31067EA021EF000E398D85256D08.000E39C185256D08@webforums... > Dear all, &...

Blank page after each page of report when printing from PB6.5
Printing using PrintDataWindow, a blank page is generated for each report page. I don't see anything in the properties that would control this. Any suggestions? Thanks. Make sure there is no overlapping in the columns in the dw. By overlapping I mean make sure there is no column that is extended too far to the right,left, or bottom of the dw. Do a review to check. This will cause the blank page. Lee Padding wrote: > Printing using PrintDataWindow, a blank page is generated for each report > page. I don't see anything in the properties that would control this. ...

Report
I created a new report in PB 7.0.3 in landscape mode, but it is printing blank page after very single page. The Print Spec. for this report are as follows Left Margin 165 Rt Margin 1 Top Margin 97 Bottom Margin - 41 Paper Orientation - Landscape In the print Preview it show Horiz Page of 1 of 2, while there is only one page containg the data. Aslo no page break or any page function is used in the report. Thanx Basharat Check for hidden objects in any of the bands (even those of 0 height). The fact that it says Horizontal page 1 of 2 tells you right away that the...

Reports only print first page with blank pages afterwards
I've got a report that I've set up in Crystal Reports but every time I try to print it only prints the first page, with a bunch of empty pages after that. I noticed that in the print preview of my web application it shows the data spilling over into the second page. I only have three sections that I'm trying to use: page header, details and page footer. The others are being hidden. I know it's something obvious (like an attribute in the details section or something) that I'm missing but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Can someone help me out? TIA. Dan&n...

blank page after each page while printing report on nonrmal printer
Hello, I am facing strange problem.We are using PB8. When i generate report in PB, i could see blank page after each page of the report with normal printer.But there is no blank page i would when i use post script printer as a default printer.So just wondering what is causing the problem. Thanks, Sri What happens if you view the report in Print Preview mode in the DataWindow painter? This problem usually happens when you have something outside or extending beyond the right margin of the page. A column width for example. The text might all fit within the page, but the wid...

Blank page after each printed page
Hello everyone, I have got iPrint working okay, except 1 small problem. After each page printed, I get a extra blank page. Papersize is set right. NW6.02 iPrint client 1.06 Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanx, Martin Not sure if its the same cause, but we had the exact problem with some HP-6L printers attached to Windows XP clients. Worked great from the local LPT1 port, but as soon as anyone printed through NDPS to them the blank pages would appear. Changed margins, settings, etc all over, no help. We ended up swapping out the driver for an older HP...

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

Blank Pages Between Printed Pages
Our system admin recently installed patches on our Novell server which pushed down a newer version of the IPrint client (v02.02.00) to each of our XP Pro PCs. It appears to print the jobs just fine, however, it now feeds out a blank sheet of paper between each printed page. We use HP4s, HP4Plus's, HP5s, and some HP4000s in our labs. The only printers it hasn't affected is the HP4000 series. All the rest have begun feeding these blank pages out. My questions are why, and what can I do to resolve the issue? I am not sure what info you may need, so I will supply everyt...

PDF printing has blank PDF page after every printed page.
Hi, We are using Power Builder 9 for our application in the Windows 2003 server and Adobe 8 for PDF printing. One the functions is to save the datawindow as PDF. Once the PDF file is generated we could see that it produces a blank PDF between every printed page. We adjusted the Adobe page setting to Letter but that did not help. also corrected the margin setting of the datawindow which did not provide any resolution. Has anyone faced a similar issue and if yes can you please let me know the resolution ? Thanks. Sathya; What version of PB 9 are you using? FYI: In PB9.0....

How to print my page? ( I just want to print a multi-page report by IE)
hello,evey one! I build a report with the DataGrid in my page,Now ,I want print it by IE. That is very long page beacuse there are so much data to show, So there are multi pages when I print it. How can I control the pages to print by IE, there is a page-header and page-footer for each page, (a DataGrid only a header and footer) ....I just want to print a multi-page report. Thanks You actually have very little control over the printing of what is in the browser. In order to support headers, footers and page ranges I would suggest using a Crystal Report. ...

Blank page printing after every page
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 1 user with a newly imaged pc. When he prints to an NDPS printer = (LJ5si) he gets an extra page after each page on a job. This happens even = on a test page. Others users using the same printer and driver print OK. = I tried deleting the printers and letting them get pushed down again. I = tried both 4.83 Sp2 client and 4.9 client. no difference. Mark Schwartz Director of Internal Technology Blum Shapiro 29 South Main Street West Hartford, ...

Report
In my report PB generates a blank page after each page... how can I surpress that? Check if there are any columns which cross the rulers. Retrieve the DW in development and check in print preview mode. HTH <Sabine.Imfeld> wrote in message news:CA1A118A32E2043F00439ED085256B88.00439EE685256B88@webforums...> In my report PB generates a blank page after each page... how can I > surpress that? Select all the columns in the DW and change the background color of the columns to some odd color and run in preview mode. You may be able to see some columns beyond the rulers....

How can I cancel printing the rest of the page body?I don't want print page number, page header and page footer. Only page body
I want to print only page body with javascript code ( window.print(); ) and I don't want print page number, page header and page footer. How can I cancel printing the rest of the page body? Thanks You can't.  Those items are decided upon by how the user chooses to set their browser up. You have no access to their browser settings, and certainly can't change them. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site The best way around this is to open a another page with zero height and width which has all the data of the page you wish to print but without the header and f...

Web resources about - Blank pages in bewtween each printed pages in report - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

OntarioLiberal Party (@OntLiberal) on Twitter

Making Fractal Patterns with Electricity - YouTube
WATCH OUTTAKES HERE: http://testu.be/1m4u7Uk Watch Anthony and Tara slow down mini lightning bolts and make Lichtenberg figures in wood! Experiment ...

Australian Pork - Pork industry partners
Australian Pork Limited is a unique rural industry service body for the Australian pork industry.

Elphinstone Primary School Homepage
Grounds and Facilities At Elphinstone Primary School we are very proud of our school grounds. The school is set amidst natural bushland with ...

Improve Your Learning and Memory.
This blog reflects my views on learning and memory. Typically, I write summaries of research reports that have practical application for everyday ...

Some Day II thoughts on Mike Dunlap and the Charlotte Bobcats
Inside the NBA Rick Bonnell covers the Charlotte Bobcats and the NBA CharlotteObserver.com News Sports Entertainment Living Here Business Opinion ...

Complete Review - Index of Real People in Works of Fiction
Index of Real People in Works of Fiction under Review

commonground Environmental Due Diligence
Content With many candidates saying that the EPA has hurt business and forced employers to move out of the country, I ask you all. &nbsp; Do ...

HCS Snowmobile Forums - Search Results
HOME FORUM GALLERY CLASSIFIEDS ABOUT US ADVERTISE CONTACT Blogs Recent Entries Best Entries Best Blogs Blog List Search Blogs HCS Snowmobile ...

Blogs - Home Theater
- Reviews - Top Picks - How To - Tech 101 - 3D - Ask HT - Podcast - Movies - Blogs - AV Interiors - Galleries - Shop - Contact Blogs Editors ...