ASE upgrade 12.5.1 to 15 problem in PowerBuilder

Happy New Years everyone.  We are in the middle of an ASE upgrade, moving
from 12.5.1 to 15.  Here are the exact details:

Open Client version: Sybase CTISQL Utility/15.0/P-EBF16299 ESD #16/PC
Intel/BUILD1500-112/OPT/Sun Oct 12 23:01:12 2008

Current ASE version: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.4/EBF 14651
ESD#6/P/RS6000/AIX 4.3.3/ase1254/2079/32-bit/FBO/Wed Jul 11 06:20:44 2007

Upgrade ASE version: Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0.3/EBF 17157
ESD#3/P/x86_64/Enterprise Linux/ase1503/2726/64-bit/FBO/Fri Feb  5 01:42:20
2010

Our PB version is 11.5.1 build 4011 running on WinXP SP 3.

The problem we are having is a datawindow that retrieves some rows where one
of the columns that is returned is a char(8) and some of the data has
leading whitespace, for example '   732'.  When connected to the current
12.5 database using the old SYC driver the data comes back as it should with
the leading whitespace preserved.  When connected to the upgraded 15.0.3
database using the new ASE driver the data comes back with the leading
whitespace trimmed (returns '732' instead of '   732').  The problem seems
to be the ASE driver because when I connect to the 15.0.3 database using the
old SYC driver the data comes back as expected, leading whitespace intact.

Is there anything we can do or try to get the leading whitespace preserved
while still using the new ASE driver?  We have not opened a case with Sybase
yet but we could, just thought I would throw this out here and see if anyone
else has run into the problem first.

Thanks,
Jay

0
Jay

I should have mentioned that running this using plain ol' isql from the
command window returns the correct result.  Our main data query tool which
uses JDBC also returns the correct result.  The problem seems to exist
solely with the PB supplied ASE driver.

"Jay Williams" <jwillia@cvps.com> wrote in message
> Happy New Years everyone.  We are in the middle of an ASE upgrade, moving
> from 12.5.1 to 15.  Here are the exact details:
>
> Open Client version: Sybase CTISQL Utility/15.0/P-EBF16299 ESD #16/PC
> Intel/BUILD1500-112/OPT/Sun Oct 12 23:01:12 2008
>
> Current ASE version: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.4/EBF 14651
> ESD#6/P/RS6000/AIX 4.3.3/ase1254/2079/32-bit/FBO/Wed Jul 11 06:20:44 2007
>
> Upgrade ASE version: Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0.3/EBF 17157
> ESD#3/P/x86_64/Enterprise Linux/ase1503/2726/64-bit/FBO/Fri Feb  5
> 01:42:20 2010
>
> Our PB version is 11.5.1 build 4011 running on WinXP SP 3.
>
> The problem we are having is a datawindow that retrieves some rows where
> one of the columns that is returned is a char(8) and some of the data has
> leading whitespace, for example '   732'.  When connected to the current
> 12.5 database using the old SYC driver the data comes back as it should
> with the leading whitespace preserved.  When connected to the upgraded
> 15.0.3 database using the new ASE driver the data comes back with the
> leading whitespace trimmed (returns '732' instead of '   732').  The
> problem seems to be the ASE driver because when I connect to the 15.0.3
> database using the old SYC driver the data comes back as expected, leading
> whitespace intact.
>
> Is there anything we can do or try to get the leading whitespace preserved
> while still using the new ASE driver?  We have not opened a case with
> Sybase yet but we could, just thought I would throw this out here and see
> if anyone else has run into the problem first.
>
> Thanks,
> Jay

0
Jay
1/3/2011 2:13:17 PM
We found a closed case on the Sybase website
(http://search.sybase.com/kbx/solvedcases?id_number=11594973) and ended up
applying an EBF and all seems to be good now.

>I should have mentioned that running this using plain ol' isql from the
>command window returns the correct result.  Our main data query tool which
>uses JDBC also returns the correct result.  The problem seems to exist
>solely with the PB supplied ASE driver.
>

> "Jay Williams" <jwillia@cvps.com> wrote in message
>> Happy New Years everyone.  We are in the middle of an ASE upgrade, moving
>> from 12.5.1 to 15.  Here are the exact details:
>>
>> Open Client version: Sybase CTISQL Utility/15.0/P-EBF16299 ESD #16/PC
>> Intel/BUILD1500-112/OPT/Sun Oct 12 23:01:12 2008
>>
>> Current ASE version: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.4/EBF 14651
>> ESD#6/P/RS6000/AIX 4.3.3/ase1254/2079/32-bit/FBO/Wed Jul 11 06:20:44 2007
>>
>> Upgrade ASE version: Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0.3/EBF 17157
>> ESD#3/P/x86_64/Enterprise Linux/ase1503/2726/64-bit/FBO/Fri Feb  5
>> 01:42:20 2010
>>
>> Our PB version is 11.5.1 build 4011 running on WinXP SP 3.
>>
>> The problem we are having is a datawindow that retrieves some rows where
>> one of the columns that is returned is a char(8) and some of the data has
>> leading whitespace, for example '   732'.  When connected to the current
>> 12.5 database using the old SYC driver the data comes back as it should
>> with the leading whitespace preserved.  When connected to the upgraded
>> 15.0.3 database using the new ASE driver the data comes back with the
>> leading whitespace trimmed (returns '732' instead of '   732').  The
>> problem seems to be the ASE driver because when I connect to the 15.0.3
>> database using the old SYC driver the data comes back as expected,
>> leading whitespace intact.
>>
>> Is there anything we can do or try to get the leading whitespace
>> preserved while still using the new ASE driver?  We have not opened a
>> case with Sybase yet but we could, just thought I would throw this out
>> here and see if anyone else has run into the problem first.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jay

0
Jay

Web resources about - ASE upgrade 12.5.1 to 15 problem in PowerBuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles