Are you all able connected MS-ACCESS smoothly ?

Hello to you,
I'm newbie in pb world, uisng pb8
My background in vb,vfp

Please guide me how pb8 connected to ms-access ?
I can makes the connections but in Database painter, I clicked the tables
then I choose one of the table
(you can use sample database built in ms-access sample likes northwind.mdb
or bibles.mdb).

Then I asked for retrieving the row and the result seems is READONLY, why ??
It had mess me up around a week

Please advice

steven

0
steven

1. Please don't cross-post to multiple groups, the same people tend to
monitor all these groups so just post to the most appropriate group.
2. Please don't keep asking the same question - people are already trying to
help from the first time you posted.

Thanks

Simon

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

"steven" <stvhui@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello to you,
> I'm newbie in pb world, uisng pb8
> My background in vb,vfp
>
> Please guide me how pb8 connected to ms-access ?
> I can makes the connections but in Database painter, I clicked the tables
> then I choose one of the table
> (you can use sample database built in ms-access sample likes northwind.mdb
> or bibles.mdb).
>
> Then I asked for retrieving the row and the result seems is READONLY, why
??
> It had mess me up around a week
>
> Please advice
>
> steven

0
Simon
5/14/2002 4:07:54 PM
Add a primary key to your access table

Namasi
"steven" <stvhui@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello to you,
> I'm newbie in pb world, uisng pb8
> My background in vb,vfp
>
> Please guide me how pb8 connected to ms-access ?
> I can makes the connections but in Database painter, I clicked the tables
> then I choose one of the table
> (you can use sample database built in ms-access sample likes northwind.mdb
> or bibles.mdb).
>
> Then I asked for retrieving the row and the result seems is READONLY, why
??
> It had mess me up around a week
>
> Please advice
>
> steven

0
Namasi

Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP
My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS Access db to import data using ODBC on an NT platform. We are upgrading to XP and the connection fails. I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation" I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to connect. Any help would be great. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It sounds like your ODBC drivers aren't registered with XP. Try doing the PB runtime installation again and make sure you setup th...

Powerbuilder 6.0 and MS Access 97 connectivity problem
I am having problems retrieving data from tables in MSAccess 97 with field names containing blanks. I have tried the PBNonStdChars parameter in the PBODB060.ini file for MSAccess 97 driver to no avail. This did work with PB5.0 and MSAccess 97. Is there a patch for this or a workaround? Thanks! On Fri, 6 Feb 1998 17:37:24 -0400, "Elvin, Bob" <elvin@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote: > I am having problems retrieving data from tables in MSAccess 97 with >field names containing blanks. I have tried the PBNonStdChars parameter in >the PBODB060.ini file ...

Connect to MS Access using OLEDB with Powerbuilder 6.5
Can i connect to MS Access using OLEDB with Powerbuilder 6.5 ? Please an example of connection string. Anyone can tell me, please... Thanks.. Me parece que con PB 6.5 no es posible, ya que no recuerdo haber visto conecciones del tipo OLE DB, te recomiendo que migres a PB 7.0 Spaceman <bruni76@tin.it> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias sUOFdx5JAHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > Can i connect to MS Access using OLEDB with Powerbuilder 6.5 ? > Please an example of connection string. > > Anyone can tell me, please... Thanks.. > > > ...

Connecting Powerbuilder 5.0.04 to MS ACCESS 2000
I have a MS ACCESS 2000 - database for my application. When i use my datawindows in PB (DW-Painter) i�m able to retrieve the data. But when i start the application, i�m not able to retrieve CHARACTER-data (Columns with Type TEXT in Access). It seems, that PB couldnt map the Access-Type TEXT to his own Type CHAR. The DB-Painter says "VARCHAR 1000" for TEXT. Why does it work in PB - I use the same PBODB050.INI ????? Are you sure you're using the same PBODB50.INI? That INI file MUST reside in the same directory as the PBODB50.DLL that is loaded, if the fi...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

changing an access connection strong to a ms sql connection string
What part(s)-{just the connection string??} of the following code is it neccessary for me to change and how should i change it. Is the a massive difference or can i reuse parts of this code (from beg asp .net { wrox press} ) <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OleDb" %> <script language="VB" runat="server"> Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim objConnection As OleDbConnection Dim objCmd As OleDbCommand Dim strConnection As String Dim st...

Connect to MS-ACCESS
Hi All In my application PB 6.5, I make Database MS-Access(97) in my application. So... in the distributed my application ( I make InstallShiled ) but after installation in the my customer, I found error message if my application retrieve the table. The error message "...out of range...". My customer make MS-Access 2000 and MS-Access(97). This error message always my Customer make Window 98 SE or Window 2000 I had the same problem. With most recent Windows versions, the ODBC-Version = 4.XX I was told to Fix this with an Emergency Bug Fix, availble on the sybase-site...

Connecting to MS outlook via MS Access and show up on ASP.net GridView
Hello people, I was wondering if someone has tried to show up MS Outlook content on a ASP.net page. I figured out that I can connect MS Access to MS Outlook, this works great... I get all mails in MS Access.The way I did this: In MS Access go to File > Get external data > Connecting tabels > Filetype: Exchange()   ( translated so may not be exact these words! ) But when I try to get the data to show up on a gridview I get an error ( I think it was, to good to be true! )I searched on lots of places, I came up with: When I try to show up the data the accou...

connecting to MS Access
------=_NextPart_000_0451_01C15FAD.58B1E900 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am wondering what the best way to connect to a MS Access database = table to extract email addresses is? DBI or is the some variety of Perl::ODBC? Thanks! --- scott lutz --- ------=_NextPart_000_0451_01C15FAD.58B1E900-- There are a number of ways: DBI using DBD::ADO or DBD::ODBC, Win32::ODBC, or Win32::OLE. My personal favorite is DBI using DBD::ADO. Tom On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 12:37:46PM -0800, Scott Lutz wro...

Connection to MS Access
HI! I'm trying to connect to a new MS Access 2003 database in PB 8.0 and I receive the following message: "Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use." After that I have an empty db painter. I don't see my tables in PB only in Access. Thanks for any help. ...

Connectivity with Ms-Access
I want to connect MS-Access Database with Power Builder. Please can anyone tell me how to do it? Help me as soon as possible... Thanks in advance Create an ODBC datasource for the Database in Windows and then a PowerBuilder DB Profile referencing that datasource. HTH Chris Werner f+s software gmbh "deepal" <deepali.kanadkar@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:aa80cc24-6657-4454-aebe-2c266c22c852@j1g2000prb.googlegroups.com... >I want to connect MS-Access Database with Power Builder. > Please can anyone tell me how to do it? > > Hel...

Connecting to MS Access
Hello all, I'm sure this must have been discussed many time in the past, but I just need to get some refresher information or directions. I believe data can be entered into a MS Access database, via Perl and DBI, but not real sure how this is done. I would be much appreciative if someone could direct me to some information or possible a few quick examples... connecting, executing SQL queries...etc. TIA -- Mike<mickalo>Blezien =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Thunder Rain Internet Publishing Providing Internet Solutions that work! http://www.thunder-rain.co...

Web resources about - Are you all able connected MS-ACCESS smoothly ? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Strongly connected component - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the mathematical theory of directed graphs , a graph is said to be strongly connected if every vertex is reachable from every other vertex. ...

INFOGRAPHIC: Information Accessed By Facebook-Connected Apps
According to application security provider MyPermissions , more than 70 billion mobile apps will be downloaded in 2013, or 10 for every person ...

The Value of a Facebook-connected Mobile User
... back more often, and are more likely to become paying customers. Many top game developers, for example, have also found that Facebook-connected ...

Facebook-connected fitness apps translate into real life success
... because they work well, especially when a user connects the app to their Facebook account. While it’s difficult to measure Facebook-connected ...

CMS-Connected (@cmsconnected) on Twitter
Webinar on Saving your Intranet from the Boneyard (and more) with @sethearley @RHarbridge @JiveSoftware Here => ow.

Stay connected with notifications on twitter.com
When it comes to your interactions on Twitter, it should be easy for you to stay connected to what’s relevant. With this in mind, we’re bringing ...

Global Trade Network-Exporters,Importers,Manufacturers,Wholesalers,Suppliers,Buyers Connected
Find, Connect & Engage with new Buyers, Suppliers, Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Exporters and Importers all-over the world.

CONNECTED WATCH on the App Store on iTunes
Get CONNECTED WATCH on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

SmartThings adds 8 new products to beef up your connected home
The connected home, or The Internet of Things, as it's frequently called, is a growing market. New products seemingly come along on an almost ...

Peyton Manning Among Athletes Allegedly Connected to Doping Ring, per Report - Bleacher Report
Al Jazeera will air an investigative report Sunday evening, titled The Dark Side: Secrets of the Sports Dopers , which reportedly connects several ...