access to tables by datawindow

Hi all.
I use PB7EE and ASA6.02.

I made a structure of my database as DBA user.
I wrote my pb application connecting to database as DBA user too.
Now I need to make remote databases and run my pb application on these
databases,
but remote user is named as remote1,remote2, remote3, ...

If I run my app on every remote database error occures, becouse my all
datawindows have
access without owner name i.e.:

select kol1,kol2 from mytable

If I write "select kol1,kol2 from DBA.mytable" all is ok.

Is any simple way to fix this problem without fixing every datawindow and
adding DBA prefix.

Thanks for any helps.
Best regards,
Adam

0
Adam

You can try to alias all the users to the dbo...

"Adam Polech" <poladam1@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> Hi all.
> I use PB7EE and ASA6.02.
>
> I made a structure of my database as DBA user.
> I wrote my pb application connecting to database as DBA user too.
> Now I need to make remote databases and run my pb application on these
> databases,
> but remote user is named as remote1,remote2, remote3, ...
>
> If I run my app on every remote database error occures, becouse my all
> datawindows have
> access without owner name i.e.:
>
> select kol1,kol2 from mytable
>
> If I write "select kol1,kol2 from DBA.mytable" all is ok.
>
> Is any simple way to fix this problem without fixing every datawindow and
> adding DBA prefix.
>
> Thanks for any helps.
> Best regards,
> Adam

0
Andy
4/21/2001 4:24:25 PM
What is the error message? I never code owner name in front of the objects
and there is no problem. You may have to check that you have granted access
to the tables for the user id's in question.

--
Kim Berghall
Sisu Group, Inc.
"Adam Polech" <poladam1@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> Hi all.
> I use PB7EE and ASA6.02.
>
> I made a structure of my database as DBA user.
> I wrote my pb application connecting to database as DBA user too.
> Now I need to make remote databases and run my pb application on these
> databases,
> but remote user is named as remote1,remote2, remote3, ...
>
> If I run my app on every remote database error occures, becouse my all
> datawindows have
> access without owner name i.e.:
>
> select kol1,kol2 from mytable
>
> If I write "select kol1,kol2 from DBA.mytable" all is ok.
>
> Is any simple way to fix this problem without fixing every datawindow and
> adding DBA prefix.
>
> Thanks for any helps.
> Best regards,
> Adam