Access to code table

If I have a column on a datawindow of type DDLB, can I get access to the
code table of that edit style?  For example if I define a DDLB with the
following code table:

Display Value     Data Value
Choice1              C1
Choice2              C2

how can I get to these values at run time?

Thanks,

Juan

0
Juan

Try to use GetValue function.

Thanks,
Anand Kumar
Juan Garcia <jua@inel.gov> wrote in message
> If I have a column on a datawindow of type DDLB, can I get access to the
> code table of that edit style?  For example if I define a DDLB with the
> following code table:
>
> Display Value     Data Value
> Choice1              C1
> Choice2              C2
>
> how can I get to these values at run time?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Juan

0
Anand

Code table access
Hi; I am using code table in a grid datawindow. The problem is how I can get the edited value from the column. Example: Two lines in code table: display data 20.1 50.2 23.6 52.3 The grid has two lines width displayvalue 20.1 and 23.6. If I edit line 1 and change the value to 23.6 (same as line 2 in code table) I am not able to get the edited value from line 1 in the itemchanged event of the datawindow. Gettex() and data argument gives me both value 52.3 (the ...

Datawindow
Hi, I have a field that I've added to my datawindow that uses a code table to display a value. For example, 'O' = Open, 'C' = Completed. I cant get the display value to show. It always comes back with the 1 character value stored in the database. Am I missing something? Running PB 7.0 build 10135 dw calls Sybase 11.9.2 stored proc OS = WinNT 4.0 Thanks in advance. Russ On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:50:30 -0400, Russ wrote: > Hi, > > I have a field that I've added to my datawindow that uses a code table to > display a value. For exampl...

access to tables by datawindow
Hi all. I use PB7EE and ASA6.02. I made a structure of my database as DBA user. I wrote my pb application connecting to database as DBA user too. Now I need to make remote databases and run my pb application on these databases, but remote user is named as remote1,remote2, remote3, ... If I run my app on every remote database error occures, becouse my all datawindows have access without owner name i.e.: select kol1,kol2 from mytable If I write "select kol1,kol2 from DBA.mytable" all is ok. Is any simple way to fix this problem without fixing every datawindow and ...

Dynamic table generation by JavaScript, Accessing row and data of dynamic table in C# code

datawindow

accessing table data from a datawindow
How do I display data from a table based on a boolean value of one of the columns within the table. Specifically, I have a table called Life_Expectancy. Along with name, age, race, male/female, etc., each record contains a column titled 'smoke'. I want to display the record in a datawindow based on whether the value of 'smoke' is yes or no. How do I access the information from the table to determine whether I should display the record or not? I am certain I could use an if else statement to check the value, but how do I access the table first? ...

Use of code tables in Powerbuilder
Hi Guys, Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in PowerBuilder(8.0) Any reference site for this is most welcome!!! Thanks in advance, Manjula That's a rather vague question. Could you be a bit more specific about what you need to know? On 6 Dec 2006 03:17:56 -0800, "manjula" <vishal.manjula@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, > >Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in >PowerBuilder(8.0) >Any reference site for this is most welcome!!! > > >Thanks in advance, >Manjula ...

How to generate Powerbuilder code from table
I am trying to figure out how to generate an NVO (nonvisual object) with standard getter/setter methods from a table. The ObjectArchitect module does a reasonable job of allowing the creation of an NVO with private instance variables whose access is controlled via get/set methods. However, I can't see a way in ObjectArchitect to pull a table from a datasource and then build a new class from it. Basically, I just trying to do a standard Java-style value object (pseudo-container managed persistance). Thanks, Jason You reverse engineer the table into the Physical model, t...

Hi Guys, Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in PowerBuilder(8.0) Any reference site for this is most welcome!!! Thanks in advance, Manjula Are you talking about the PBCatalog tables? If not, what kind of code tables? What is it you are looking for? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement "manjula" <vishal.manjula@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165403799.683243.326850@79g2000cws.go...

Use of code tables in Powerbuilder
Hi Guys, Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in PowerBuilder(8.0) Any reference site for this is most welcome!!! Thanks in advance, Manjula I responsed in the other section where you posted the same question. Please don't cross-post. On 6 Dec 2006 03:16:13 -0800, "manjula" <vishal.manjula@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, > >Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in >PowerBuilder(8.0) >Any reference site for this is most welcome!!! > > >Thanks in advance, >Manjula ...

Accessing HTML Table from code behind
How do you access an HTML table from the code behind of a web form, or is it even possible? in your aspx you need to do<table id="MyTableId" runat="server">in your code behind (if you are using codebehind) addprotected System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTable MyTableId;Then you can use it anywhere you like....

GridView data table and MS Access table. Some time I like MS Access...
Hi: I want all the rows and coloums data showing in the GridView can be editable, just like the MS Access table on the form, you can modify and update any cell and it will be saved if your mouse leave that cell (or you click "Save" button). The reason I ask is: everyday I have about hundrands of data need to be set the date(Today's date), to be set the status (on/off), and input Receipt Num, if I using Gridview's "Edit" "Update" feature, I find there are still two many clicks, and also the selected rows changing the size and p...

Code to build a table in an access database
I am using VB.net code. I wan to create a table with 3 fields. Autonumber as autonumber(primarykey), Name as string(25 Characters), and Lastupdated(16 Characters) as string. Can some show me the simple sql string to produce this table? Look at the SQL CREATE TABLE: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa258255(SQL.80).aspx Like so: CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Test]( [autonumber] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [Name] [varchar](25) NULL, [LastUpdated] [varchar](16) NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_Test] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [autonumber] ASC)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STAT...

Migrating Data from one Access Database table to a different Access Datbase / Table
A little background Company has a database that must have new records added to it weekly.  The new data is provided via an access database.  The old data is in a another access database.  What I want to do is have them upload the new access database to the ASP (not .net) server and then copy the new records over to the old data to bring it up to date.  At this point they can upload the new database. But I am having a hard time getting that info into the old database.   This is what I have so far,  but I get the following error Microsoft JET Database Engine...

Web resources about - Access to code table - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

Access to private internet, phone records up by 9 per cent - without warrants
Councils continued to access phone,email metadata without warrants last financial year.

NT mandatory access agreements between mining and pastoral industries a "major leap forward"
Mandatory land access agreements between exploration companies and NT landholders praised as step forward.

Michigan GOPer on ballot access: “voting should not be effortless”
... chairman of the Michigan Senate’s Elections and Government Reform Committee, Robertson is a crucial veto point when it comes to ballot access ...

Now Can We Blame Political Rhetoric and Easy Access to Guns?
Ok, concern trolls , we now know that Robert Deer, who shot up and attempted to blow up and PP and stated “no more body parts” upon arrest wasn’t ...

Hackers are selling lifetime access to Netflix, HBO Go, Spotify and more for just a few dollars
... your loved ones and friends, but at the end of the day you’re still paying the subscription. However, some people looking for lifetime access ...

Pandora CEO: This is why giving people access to music that's 'free all the time' is a problem
... services are driving down music’s intrinsic value by creating a “gray market.” By that I mean a market where listeners can perpetually access ...

District 211 votes to give transgender student access to girls' locker room
... and &quot;gutless cowards,&quot; the Township High School District 211 school board voted early Thursday to give a transgender student access ...

More AT&T customers will soon get access to its fastest broadband option
The company is expanding its fiber-optic-based service, which will let you download an episode of "The Walking Dead" faster than you can say ...

Man Says He Can’t Access His Credit Report After Equifax Sent Him Personal Info For Dozens Of Strangers ...
... from happy to find credit reports in his mailbox that were apparently intended for a bunch of strangers. Even worse, he says he can’t get access ...