Access OCX control's properties in DataWindow

Hello,

    I've just discovered an interesting "feature" in powerbuilder. I've
put a OCX control in a DataWindow and try to access that OCX's
properties in scripts like:
<datawindow>.object.<ole_control>.object.<property> = ...
    It works fine only if you can see the OCX control in the Window. It
dosen't matter if that DataWindow was behind other controls. However, if
your DataWindow Control is not large enough so that the OCX control
cannot be seen in the Window or if you make that DataWindow invisible,
you'll get error when access the OCX's properties.
    (I've only try a barcode OCX and it was the case.) Do you have the
same problem like this with other OCX control?

Alex

0
Alex

accessing a datawindow's control's properties using expresisons
Is it possible to access a column's y coordinate and use it in a datawindow extression? example: if(column.y > 500, a..., b...) If( Long( Describe( 'column.Y' )) > 500, a..., b... ) -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com "Leon Mandel" <lmandel@sao.state.tx.us> wrote in message news:3E308134.8070602@sao.state.tx.us... > Is it possible to access a column's y coordinate and use it in a > datawindow extression? > > example: > > if(column.y > 500, a..., b...) > ...

Setting column's property in a datawindow from composite datawindow
Hi I know this is easy but I cant get it to work. I have two datawindows controls (dw_1, dw_2) in a composite datawindow (dw_report). I want to change Text of a header column of dw_2, so I try it using: 1. GetChild and Modify ------ datawindowchild ldw_child Int li_Rtn String ls_Error dw_Report.SetTransObject ( SQLCA ) li_Rtn = dw_Report.GetChild ( "dw_2", ldw_Child ) /* This returns 1, no problem */ If li_Rtn = 1 Then ls_Error = ldw_Child.Modify ( "item_number_t.Text = ~'New Text~' ") /* ls_Error is empty string, no problem, but report do...

How to access an objetct's property located in a nested report from a datawindow expression ?
Pb 7.0.1 7024, WinNT 4 Thanks for your answers. An exempt from: -------------------------------- DataWindow Reference PowerBuilder Version 7 Document number: MC0013 March 1999 Copyright � 1999 Sybase, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. Printed in the United States of America. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chapter 5 Accessing DataWindow Object Properties in Code -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PowerBuilder: Da...

Accessing a control's properties in another user control?
I have two user controls on the page, control A and control B. Control B has a bunch of panels in it that I need to access from Control A. Control A needs to lookup a panel in Control B and turn its visibility on or off based on some criteria. Using the FindControl() method how can I accomplish this? I have no problem accessing a control from the Page or from within the same control, but I haven't figured out how to access the properties of a different control than the one thats requesting the info. Thanks. You *could* do a FindControl on the Parent of UserControl A, to get a reference t...

Label control's text doesn't appear to be set (in the page which has a user control )when trying to update the text property in the FormView's ItemUpdated event
Hi There,I have a user control which hosts a formview control, gridview control and a label control. The grid view is usedto show rows in the DB and when clicked to edit each row, a form view opens up in edit mode with that particular row info. So I have nothing in the item template.My first question is..is it mandatory to have smth in the itemtemplate of the form view.I have controls in edititemtemplate and insertitemtemplate.When a particular row is edited, I would like to show a status msg showing that the row has been updated.For this, I use the ItemUpdated event of the formview and try ...

datawindow's controls
Hello all! I am trying to change dynamically the format of each control (staticText and SingleLineEdit) in my datawindow. What is the array object that contains all these controls. Control[] seems working only for windows, tabs but not datawindow control. Thanks, Razan dw_1.Describe('Datawindow.Objects') This will return a tab delimited string listing all the objects in the datawindow. You will have to parse the string into an array yourself. There is a PFC function that will do this for you. Brad Razan wrote: > Hello all! > I am trying to change d...

Meke Control's property disabled or enabled based on another property's entered value ?
Does anyone know how to disable or enable a property in properties window based on value entered in another property?Please advise.Regards,Dimitry...

User control can't access the parent page's public properties
Hi Guys I have built a page that is contained within a master page and it holds 2 user controls Control A contains a DataListControl B contains a FormView I want to pass the selected index from the DataList on Control A to the FormView on Control B so it acts like a master / detail scenario I created a public property on the page that contains both controls called DataListSelectedIndex A also created a public property for DataListSelectedIndex on the Control  I populate the DataListSelectedIndex property of the Control when the DataList_SelectedIndexChanged...

Accessing OCX properties and functions in a datawindow
Hi, How can I access to the properties and functions of an OCX placed into a datawindow. I try this : dw_1.Object.OCXName.Object.OCXProperties/Functions But it does not work ! Thanks. Regards. <datawindow>.object.<ole_control>.object.<property> ... should work. Caveat...a while back a user named Alex found that if a DataWindow Control is not large enough so that the OCX control cannot be seen in the Window or if you make that DataWindow invisible, you'll get error when access the OCX's properties. He was using a barcode OCX at the time. Brand...

Accessing a control's properties
Sorry, but I am missing something basic here. I have a window with user objects. The user objects contain command buttons. When the command button is clicked I want to be able to get the command button's name ( i.e. cb_1 ) and the user object's name ( i.e. uo_db_access ). this.name and parent.name do not work and it appears the name is not a property I can get. What am I missing? Thanks! it's classname() <nospam_TomBreidall@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:3b05570b.22087770@forums.sybase.com... > Sorry, but I am missing something basic here. I have...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Datawindow, Protect property, add datawindow expression to control setting
There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an expression. Did you mean the ReadOnly property of the whole datawindow? Matthew Chestnut wrote in message <3c87c173.108123333@forums.sybase.com>... Oops, I was in a hurry when I entered this ... I meant to request an expression on the *Required* attribute for a datawindow column. On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:48:33 -0500, "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote: >There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an >expression. Did you mean the Re...

What's the difference between datawindow dtc and html datawindow dtc?
Hi, all. In powersite we can find some dtc activex. but what's the difference between datawindow dtc and html datawindow dtc? When should I use one and when should I use the other? Thanks. Feng Please see InstaHelp for the answer, under this topic: PowerSite Concepts and Procedures > Working in The PowerSite Client > Integrating application servers > About the HTML DataWindow DTC Regards, Jackie Feng Zhu <fzhu_genshare@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:VPM1v2syAHA.191@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, all. > &...

Web resources about - Access OCX control's properties in DataWindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow