2 Select Error is ocurring on a dw retrieve

I have a dw that is returning a "2 Select Error" on just one
person's records in my application (Currently using PB
v.9.01). The count of records that should have been
retrieved is 374. I have a bunch of other people in the
Oracle database that have a lot more records than that and
they are retrieving fine. I have copied all of the rows into
a person that we are using for testing and if I delete 75 of
those records so that the total is 299 the records will pull
up on the dw. If i manually add a dummy record to make it
the 300th one it goes back to giving me the error.

I'm at the end of my rope here. Any ideas?
0
briankirk

That error means that the size of a text field you are retrieving was
made larger after the datawindow was created, and the data in that 300rd
record is now larger than the datawindow column can handle.  If you
modify the datawindow SQL syntax, PB will resynch with the current
column size and you won't experience the error again.

--
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Techcast - New Features and Benefits of Sybase EAServer 5.0 - March 23
http://crm.sybase.com/sybase/www/IPG/EAServer50TechcastReg.jsp

Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19, 2004 - Minneapolis, MN
http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Got code samples?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce

PPB1.5.2 / ASA9.0.2
We're running into a serious problem with ASA9.0.2 build 2451. We have an application with various DW's , and retrieval arguments to a Long column in PPB ( integer in DB). Running the app on the desktop, with the same ASA9.0.2 2451 runs fine. Running the app on CE gives the following error : Datawindow Error Select error: SQLSTATE= S1090 [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Invalid string or buffer length Anybody run into this, or do a test to see if they have the same problem. You need a small DW with a numeric retrieval argument. TIA, pbs This sounds like an issue that i...

Datawindow Error: Select error: #2
Hi guys, during the stage of upgrade PB application from v6.51 to 9.0(backend upgrade from Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 9.2.0.), I want to use O84 driver in PB9 instead of O73 in PB6.5.1, but I got the error like this:"Datawindow error: Select error" in one of my datawindow when I try to preview it. here's my SQL statement for the datawindow. SELECT "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."TITLE", "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."ITEM_ID", "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."SUB_TITLE", "SATREV_REPORT_VIEW"."APPLIED_YEAR&...

DataWindow Retrieve Error -> ErrText : Select Error:
Hi, We recently migrated our app to PB8.0.4. After the migration, we are facing problems in retrieval of quiet a few DWs. All these DWs worked in previous versions of PB. When i open the DW, i get the error "Select Error:". I get the same error during runtime. The definition of a couple of fields was changed after creating the Datawindow. These fields are of string datatype and their lengths were increased. The one issue that i could notice, was that the column specification of the above mentioned two fields still hold the older field lengths. I opened the Datawind...

DataWindow Select Error #2
Retrieving data for printing. Has printed 24 pages. Retrieval involving more data gets 'Select Error'. First application in PB. Using PB 7.0.2, Oracle 8.0.3, DataWindow with select statement. Thanks. ...

Datawindow Retrieve error #2
Hi All I am changing the SQL of the datawindow during runtime .It is returning -1 when I use retrieve function . But if I assign the sql for the datawindow in design time it is retrieving rows.Also if I run the SQL generated during run time in the back end(SQL 2006 client) I am getting rows.Also I ran the sql in ISQL session powerbuilder . It is working fine.Please help. Thanks Anand Have you tried calling SetTransObject() for the DW control after each modification of the SQL, but before subsequent Retrieve() calls? -- John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist <Anand...

The DataWindow "Retrieve" method is returning "Select Error: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist" error.
Hi I am getting "Select Error: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist" error when I try to retrieve data through Datawindow. The code I am using is "THIS.RETRIEVE(wo_no)". This code is returning "Select Error: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist" error. Please some one can help on this. Thanks, Ravi. I've usually seen this error when I don't have permission to select on a table. -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technologies, Inc. <Ravi> wrote in message news:425fa7c0.6322.1681692777@sybase.com... &...

The DataWindow "Retrieve" method is returning "Select Error: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist" error.
Hi, I am getting "Select Error: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist" error when I try to RETRIEVE from datawindow. my code is "this.retrieve(wo_no)". Please some one can help me on this. Thanks, Ravi. Please don't crosspost - already answered you in the datawindow forum. -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technologies, Inc. <Ravi> wrote in message news:425fa64e.6317.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > > > I am getting "Select Error: ORA-00942: table or view does > not exist" error when I t...

Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2
Hi there , Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ? Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ???? How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future releases of PB... Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ? Regards , Van I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as Datawindow properties / events /...

Error message in PowerBuilder Datawindow #2
Can anyone help me decipher the following error message that I get when trying to retrieve from a datawindow: Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Syntax error or access violation: invalid expression near ':?+'" I am using PB 7.0.1 and Sybase ASA 6.0.2. Thanks in advance! Benjie Turn your DataWindow into syntax mode. It probably will be easier to see what is wrong. If you can't see what it wrong then post the SQL syntax here and we'll take a look at it. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions...

Datawindow Error: Select Error:
The title of the messagebox: Datawindow Error Message is: Select Error: Migrated 6.5 libraries to 8.0. SQL is build on the fly using dot notation(datawindow.table.select) add the where clause and set the sql using dot notation(datawindow.table.select). The datawindow still work fine in the 6.5 environment but not in the 8.0 environment. Why are the messageboxes coming up? I've recreated on of the datawindow and the select error goes away but there are many windows with datawindows retrieving data and we can't recreate our entire app...

ERROR WHILE RETRIEVING (SELECT ERROR)
When the retrieve occurs te following error is produced Select error = This cursor based store procedure has no columns. Check the pbddms Dbparm and the procedure syntax The conection to the database is not via ODBC. The DBParm PBDBMS=0. I'm using PB 7.0.2. And I'm just simply using a datawindow which has a select (I can't use procedures o packages, I can only contruct the datawindow using a query). I�m using everything included in this version of PB. The data base is Oracle 9i and this application has been installed in Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows NT. What...

Error selecting arguments to Composite DataWindow #2
Hello, After creating 2 reports to Composite DataWindow, I try to select arguments to both reports, but i'm not getting. In the moment of select, it print this message: " '(' expected after function name ". Thanks. ...

DW, SQL Code 2, Select error:
We use Sybase 11 in NT 4.0 Server and Powerbuilder 6.5 for application design. This case happened when I upload certain amount of data (2000+ records) into a table and then try to use the data window to view the data, the following message appear: SQL Code 2 encountered Select error: I made sure the following things: 1. I only use one table without any link 2. The table contains no foriegn key 3. The data is imported from a text file (no header), when I use powerbuilder 6.5 to view the table directly, there is no error message occure, and the data seems alright. 4. The da...

DisableBind=1 Corrects DW Retrieval Error? #2
Hi, I'm currently using PB 6.5.1 with MS SQL Server 7.0 using ODBC. After converting from PB 5.0.4/MS SQL Server 6.0. I get an error on retrieval of a dw stating "SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Syntax error or access violation". The dw uses an inner select and a retrieval argument. I noticed that if I submitted the sql myself and filled the retrieval argument it worked. So I set the dbparm DisableBind=1 and it works. Also, if I use native drivers instead of ODBC it works without the DisableBind=1. Any Ideas what the problem could be? I ...

Web resources about - 2 Select Error is ocurring on a dw retrieve - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Kraken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
with numerous references existing in popular culture, including film , literature , television , video games and other miscellaneous examples ...

Lodge Work Compensation Claim with The Australian Injury Helpline Work Compensation Work Compensation ...
Work compensation - be in the know! Being injured at work can have a detrimental impact on a persons life. Getting the right compensation under ...

Nanotubes makes super-twisty 'muscle'
A nanotube fibre that twists like muscles in an elephant trunk has been discovered, which could one day propel nanobots.

Platinum Health Pilates Classes Sunshine - Injury Rehabilitation - Massage Sunshine - Nutritionist Sunshine ...
We can help with all aspects of health from injury treatment to rehabilitation, weight loss to relaxation and much more. If you're unsure what ...

How orbiting electrons can lengthen nuclear half-life « the physics arXiv blog
Nuclear fission is the process in which a nucleus decays into two fragments. For large nucleii, this process is a complicated one in which the ...

Traffic Offenses - Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney - Criminal Lawyer in Los Angeles, CA
Contact a Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney if you have been charged with a crime.

River Topography Created within Wood and Glass Tables by Greg Klassen
These incredible tables are designed by Greg Klassen who is able to intricately piece together wood and glass to form the shape of lakes a rivers ...

Depression Treatment Program at Casa Palmera near San Diego
Depression is a serious issue and is a common with co-ocurring disorders; we have a comprehensive treatment program for those suffering from ...

Mental Typewriter and Game Controller Becomes a Reality >
... the power of thought alone has been demonstrated at CEBIT in Germany. As we have speculated here, rapid advances in cybernetics are now ocurring, ...

Satellite images reveal Amazon forest shrinking faster
New methods detect twice as much logging as previously estimated