[question] retrieving some rows from a specific row ?

Hi,
I'm trying to retrieve some rows from a specific row number in a
datawindow. I don't know how I compose sql statement in sybase. I'm sure
this facility is in oracle.

Anybody help me.
thanks in advance.

0
Seong

The PB function is called reselectrow(row #). it Accesses the database to
retrieve values for all columns that can be updated and refreshes all
timestamp columns in a row in a DataWindow control or  DataStore. The
values from the database are redisplayed in the row.

As far as recreating the Sybase statement then you would just recreate the
where statement using the key values.

string whatsindw
whatsindw = dw_1.getitemstring(row, col)
select .... from ... where key = :whatsindw;

If you want them to doubleclick on a row then display the rows for that row
then you would:
get the key they double clicked on
retrieve another dw using that key as the retrieval argument.

You can look at some of the examples in powerbuilder from retrieval
arguments.

HTH
--
Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamPS)

Seong Moon <seong@grigg.chungnam.ac.kr> wrote in article
<8AxhOeng#GA.50@forums.sybase.com>...
> Hi,
> I'm trying to retrieve some rows from a specific row number in a
> datawindow. I don't know how I compose sql statement in sybase. I'm sure
> this facility is in oracle.
>
> Anybody help me.
> thanks in advance.

0
DawnBrownEyes

Datawindow retrieve rows in dev, retrieves no rows deployed
I created a datawindow in PB10 and given parameters it retrieves the appropriate rows when running from development. After deploying the application, given the exact same parameters (hard coded) the datawindow does not retrieve any rows. I have seen this once before where if we had comment lines inside of the SQL select for the DW it would not retrieve only when deployed. This time, I have no comments and can not find any reason why the exact same program would retrieve differently when run in dev as opposed to deployed. (Both being run on the same machine) Any ideas?? Is the ...

retrieving from row # to row #.
I have over 750 000 rows to retrieve from a table using a datawindow, but my system can only handle approx 30 000 rows and I would like to start from the end of the table. Is it possible to set the row numbers to retrieve? For example, start the retrieve from row 750 000 and stop at row 720 000. There must be a way. thanks, Vern what backend are you using? <Vern> wrote in message news:6BA241541AAD7F2F0063357385256C40.0063358685256C40@webforums... > I have over 750 000 rows to retrieve from a table using a datawindow, but > my system can only handle approx 30 ...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow
Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow through debug it returns 1 row. Please help! Check RowCount after Retrieve. Yossi Dallal <jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows > in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow > through debug it returns 1 row....

First Row, Next Row, Prior Row, Last Row
I have a SQL Anywhere 7.0 Database, have a table Product_detail which contains Column Name Datatype width Null Default batch_id char(10) No None prod_id Integer No None employee_id Integer No None quantity Integer No None price Numeric (14, 2) No None Its primary key is batch_id I have a Freeform Datawindow with this table I want to provide the first row, next row, prior row and last row Ho...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

Retrieving all rows not just 1 row
I have a dw that is retrieving all rows not just the row that is supplied by the retrieval argument. Have debugged and everything seems to work fine. This only happens at runtime as the retrieval arg is passed from another window. Have posted the entire question in the pfc group but was hoping for a quick answer???? Thanks When you run from the datawindow painter does it retrieve just the one record? What about running through the powerbuilder IDE checking the return code of teh retrieve? Check the value of the retrieval argument you pass to the datawindow, does i...

Scroll row by row in a datawindow control
Hi. I have a tabular datawindow object with one group and all my data is displayed in the header group and the detail band is not visible. when i run my application and i want to scroll the data the datawindow control scrolls the data page by page and i need it row by row. How can i do this? thank you in advanced You will have to move your data into the detail band. "Row" in datawindow is contents of the detail band. Igor "Fernando Pe�a" <Fernando_Pe0xL1A4za> wrote in message news:943886BF87C590640077873785256A65.0077874785256A65@webforums.....

Datawindow not retrieving rows
Hi All I have an application developed in PB 11.2 & SQL server 2005. One datawindow is not returning rows . If I run the sql of the DW from the back end I get 139 rows.I tried by retrieving thru DW in design time by passing the parameters.It has three parameters. (%,'S',1) . when I supply this the DW does not return rows. But if I hard code the parameters in the SQL of the DW I get 139 rows. Seems very strange . Please help. Thaks Anand Have you tried setting trace for this application ? What is return code for retrieve? Are you sure you have setTrans(Object) called ...

Loop to retrieve data from a table row after row
Hello, how do I have to write the loop (SQL-code) if I want to retrieve the content of the first row from a table that consists of one column and many rows and then do some calculation, next get the content of the next row and do a calculation ... until the end of the column? Thanks in advance. Bendo   I'm assuming you are using Visual Web Developer or Visual Studio 2008 (or something similar to the two) and you have  a SQL Server database. You can do calculations using a ExecuteReader() and a reader.  I can help you further with this.  Would a d...

Retrieve row value for row with delete button?
Hello,I am developing a simple ticket system and I can't figure out how to retrieve the value of a record that is not selected.  For example, I have a button in a gridview which changes the "Closed" value of that record from No, to Yes, which closes the ticket.  My problem is, I have searched and search and I can't find a way to find out what the value of the record that contains the clicked button.This is my SQL statement: myCommand = New SqlCommand("Update Tickets Set Closed='Yes',ClosedDate='" & DateTime.Now & "' WHER...

question about updating a row? How to update a different row.
I will try to make this as simple as I can. k, here I go. I originally populate my datagrid with data. Then during the edit mode, I can populate information by an ontextchanged event, which is actually bringing in a new row (essentially). My problem occurs when I try to update the data. Since the row was originally populated with the data, it updates that row in the table. But since I did an ontextchanged, I want to update that row instead. Not the original row. If I do an update, then I have two identical rows of data in my table, but with different primary keys. How can I update t...

Web resources about - [question] retrieving some rows from a specific row ? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Cobalt cases still throw up questions after a year in the spotlight
Michelle Payne might have supplied the star moment on Prince Of Penzance in the Melbourne Cup for 2015 but the defining word of the year has ...

General Question
I have a Carrier furnace. It takes 20x25x5 air filters. Does it really matter what brand filter I buy?

The Phillies rotation: A Voltron of question marks
After a season in the wilderness, the 2016 Phillies rotation is going to be interesting, if not effective. Let's look at the team's options. ...

Burning Questions: Who Took Tainted Shkreli Money? Why Did DFA and CWA Endorse Bernie? Why Is Putin Backing ...
As we've reported before , when low-life price gouger and hedge fund manager Martin Shkreli tried to contribute to Bernie's campaign, Bernie ...

Weekend Reading: Buffer: 27 Questions to Ask Instead of “What Do You Do?”
**Buffer**: [27 Questions to Ask Instead of “What Do You Do?”](https://medium.com/keep-learning-keep-growing/27-question-to-ask-instead-of-w ...

Amanda Marcotte's 'Aladdin' Poll Question Embarrasses Dems
Amanda Marcotte, a feminist writer for Salon, suggested a trick poll question about a non-existent cartoon city to embarrass Republicans.

Democratic debate features question on spouses - Business Insider Deutschland
Is it time to change the role of a president's spouse? candidates were asked. REUTERS/Brian Snyder Bernie Sanders (left) and Hillary Clinton. ...

Mass shootings a major topic of Obama’s question and answer session - Videos - CBS News
President Obama wrapped up business at the White House with a wide ranging question and answer session in the briefing room yesterday before ...

Ask Me Anything: Question 6
Continuing with the Ask Me Anything series , today’s question is about startup stress And here is my answer Part of reducing startup stress ...