WARNING: Connections to SQL Anywhere 5.5 or ASA 6.0 no longer works properly after applying last patches !!

We are using PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to connect to SQL Anywhere 5.5 and ASA
6.0
databases.

After applying the last ASA patch (6.0.3) on my PC, it no longer works
properly. In the database painter and whenever I access an ASA database,
all the table names appears in lowercase (they previously appeared in
uppercase) and I can no longer edit or view the indexes.

In SQL central, anything is still OK. The problem only happens in
Powerbuilder.
So, I suppose it's related to the PB/ODBC interface... Perhaps I need to
add something in the PBODB050.INI file ... but what ?

The very same problem occured on another PC with SQLAnywhere 5.5
databases
after applying the 5.5.05 patch.

So, it seems that one of the last changes in both SQL Anywhere 5.5 and
ASA 6.0
prevent the PB/ODBC interface in PB 5.0.04 from working properly.

Can you help me ?

In the meantime, I'll reinstall the previous versions I was using (SQL
Anywhere 5.5.04 and ASA 6.0.1).

I thank you in advance,

-V. Kieffer

PS: I don't know if it's relevant, but ... the PCs where the problem
occured
    are NT 4.0 workstations using ODBC version 3.51.

--
Vincent KIEFFER
Bat. B26                         Office Phone: +32-4-3664989

Pb6.5 Connecting to SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 Database
Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 database interface, I don't see it when I try to create a database profile in PB6.5 ??. I can create an ODBC database profile though, but i don't want to use ODBC. Thanks Ravi Nath Ravi, SQL Anywhere uses the ODBC interface as native so that's the right way to go. Regards, John Olson [TeamSybase] Developower, Inc. www.developower.com SAS wrote in message ... >Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 database interface, I don't see it >when I try to create >a database profile in PB6.5 ??. >I c...

SQL Anywhere 5.0 upgraded by ASA 6.0?, ASA 6.0 on Linux???
What is ASA? Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? Can I directly upgrade a Database from SQL Anywhere 5.0 (windows NT) to ASA 6.0 or 7.0? Then, what is the database engine for Linux? or ASA 6.0 or 7.0 is multiplatform? Please, any help, I don't understand. P.S.: My SQL Anywhere 5.0 is boundled with DataEase Plus 2.77 conected via ODBC, will run with ASA on any platform? > What is ASA? Adaptive Server Anywhere. IE enchanced & considerably improved versions of old SQL Anywhere > Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? No. Last versio...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

PB 6.5 / SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0 (ASA) connectivity
I can't get PB to see a ASA 6.0 network server either from the desktop or as an exe. I've seen several messages that imply that because PB6.5 was released before ASA 6.0, there is a need to apply a patch (PB6.5.1). I've done this and still have the same problems. Can somebody confirm that it is in fact possible to connect the PB 6.5.1 desktop to an ASA network server and similarly the exe. If, it can be done then I'll keep at it, otherwise I'll happily accept any alternative suggestions. BTW, I am able to connect to the network server using ISQL with no probl...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

Connect to SQL Anywhere 5.0 and MSSQL 6.5
Hi, Our PB 6.0 app. is running on the local workstation interfacing SQL Anywhere 5.0 DB on c: drive as temperary database and interfacing MSSQL 6.5 as primary data source. Data is upload from local SQL Anywhere 5.0 db to MSSQL 6.5 thru pipelines. Questions: 1. When connecting to MSSQL 6.5, Should we use ODBC SQL Server driver or PB native MS SQL 6.X driver ? We are using ODBC driver to connect to local SQL Anywhere now. 2. Where can we get the latest version of ODBC MS SQL Server driver or PB Native driver for MS SQL 6.5 ? 3. SQL Anywhere 5.0 allow mutliple column...

Does jconnect 5.5 work with SQL anywhere 6.0
Hi all, My company has been using SQL anywhere 6.0 and IBM websphere v3.5 (JDK1.2.2) for a B2B system since 2001. I now need to re-write some EJB in that "aging" system and I would like to know whether jconnect 5.5 can work or not? Thanks. K.P. On 24 Aug 2005 06:22:01 -0700, "K.P" <kphuang@globalres.com> wrote: I am not an expert in this area but since the jConnect documentation refers to version 5.5 requiring a "gateway" application, the inference to me is that ASA 6.0 and up use tds. The metadata script in the jConnect-5_5\sp\sq...

SQL Anywhere 8.0 client connecting to 5.5 database
I currently have a SQL Anywhere 5.5 database server running on NT 4 Server. I am planning an upgrade to 8.0. Because of logistics, I want to install the 8.0 client on the workstations first while connecting to the 5.5 database. Will the 8.0 client connect to the 5.5 database?? Do you have any other helpful tips for the upgrade process from 5.5 to 8.0?? Thank you in advance! NWesturn The 8.0 and 5.5 products can co-exist. They share no files and the only problem you might have is that the utilities (like dbinit) have the same name so make sure you find the right ones when you use...

Upgrade from SQL Anywhere 5.5 to ASA 6.0 Linux
Is there an upgrade price for moving from SQL Anywhere 5.5 to the Linux version of ASA 6.0? Dan The price to move to a Windows version is the same as to move to a Linux version. The list price should be $199 for upgrading a base package of SQL Anywhere to SQL Anywhere Studio. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX ...

PB 6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 connection failed.
Hello, I have a problem of PB6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 ( which is buddled with PB 6.0). I wrote an applications with PB6.5 and created the database in SQL Anywhere 5.0. It works in my PC normally. However I cannot install the user's PC because the application cannot connect with the database though ODBC. I have setup the ODBC configuration with 32-bit ODBC administrator with is in Control Panel. And the setting is the same as the PC for development. I also installed the PB runtime files and another SQL anywhere stand alone server to user's PC. The user's PC is instal...

Linux EAServer 6 + unixODBC + SQL AnyWhere 5.5.0.5
Dear All, I have the following problem: I just wanted to create a webDW which retrieves data from an SQLAnyWhere 5.5.0.5 database. After deploying, I cannot see data on the webpage, and the EAServer log file shows the following line: [OdbcConnection] ODBCError: SQLError: 0, SQLState: IM002, Msg: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified. As I figured out ( hopefully in a good way ), I have to create a proper data source configuration in the odbc.ini file. My question is: How can I get a Linux driver for SQLAnyWhere 5.5.0.5? O...

Query woks fine in SQL Anywhere 5.5 and don't work in ASA 8.0.2.3601
Hello, I have a problem with this query: declare c_cuentas cursor for select cuenta.mayor,cuenta.cuenta,cuenta.cuenta_ex,cuenta.desc_esp, cuenta.desc_ing,cuenta.moneda,nivel.desc_esp,nivel.desc_ing, nivel.naturaleza,movspol.importe,movspol.carg_abon,movspol.concepto, poliza.no_poliza,poliza.fecha,poliza.iden_pol,cvediario.desc_esp, cvediario.desc_ing,nivel.tipo_mayor,poliza.t_cambio,movspol.consec,nivel.tca mbio, movspol.consec_pol,movspol.cuenta FROM cuenta,movspol,poliza,nivel,cvediario where cuenta.cuenta = movspol.cuenta and cuenta.cuenta >= :ini and...

ASA 6 and SQL Anywhere 5.5
What is the proper loading sequence for running both a 6.0 and a 5.5 database on Netware? Only dbextf50.nlm or dbextf6.nlm can be loaded - not both. Should dbsrv6.nlm use the dbextf50.nlm or dbsrv50.nlm use dbextf6.nlm. Thanks for any info. My recommendation would be to only run the 6.0 server which can load your 5.x db files. I realize that this may not be very practical from a client upgrade perspective. -- Robert Waywell Sybase Please respond to newsgroups Tim George wrote in message <36826371.E2122ABF@sungardrs.com>... >What is the proper loading sequ...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Web resources about - WARNING: Connections to SQL Anywhere 5.5 or ASA 6.0 no longer works properly after applying last patches !! - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...