I'm using PowerBuilder v8.0 and would like to create a
notification system for my practiculum project. I'd like to
use Access to create the database. Please enlighten me on
what should I create (e.g. tables, queries) for the usage of
it.

Thank You.
Regards,
Yang Ashra
0
Yang

Don't double post, it's bad etiquette.

Unless you have a very good reason to do so, we recommend you don't use
Access.   Use SQL Anywhere instead - it's more stable - and a far better
database in my opinion.  PowerBuilder (enterprise) supports just about every
database out there, so if you want to use something other than Access or SQL
Anywhere, you can do that as well.  You're choice.  You've picked the right
development tool (I'm biased).

If you choose to do it in access, you'll need to create your database using
Access itself.

If you choose to do it in SQL Anywhere, you can create your database from
either SQL Central or from PowerBuilder's database painter.   To use the
database painter, expand "ODB ODBC", then expand "Utilities" then double
click "Create ASA Database" (NOTE: SQL Anywhere is also known as ASA or
Adaptive Server Anywhere).

Once created, you can right click on "Table" and create a new table.

As for what your table design looks like, Terry answered that in your other
posting - that is application specific and only you or your development team
can answer that.

<Yang Ashra> wrote in message news:442ca682.81c.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I'm using PowerBuilder v8.0 and would like to create a
> notification system for my practiculum project. I'd like to
> use Access to create the database. Please enlighten me on
> what should I create (e.g. tables, queries) for the usage of
> it.
>
> Thank You.
> Regards,
> Yang Ashra

0
Daniel
I'm sorry for the double post because I'm just a new kid to
this webnews...thank you Daniel for the enlightenment..very
much appreciate it...should I have more problem I shall not
hesitate to post my problem...Tq.

Regards,
Yang Ashra
0
Yang

Creating Database for PowerBuilder
Hi there to all. I have a question that need answers. Could you all please tell me how to create database for it and what programs that I can use to create it. Thank You. Regards, Yang Ashra You can use any database you like. PB comes with SQLAnywhere / ASA and you can deploy the runtime engine freely. You can use Access, ASE, Oracle, SQLServer etc. It depends on what your needs are. Please provide some info on what you are trying to accomplish. Also, what version of PB (Desktop, Professional, Enterprise) do you use. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder....

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder and Firebird Database
Hi all, I have problems connecting to a Firebird database. This is that PB does not give me in development mode's datbase painter the ability to add primary or foreign keys when altering/creating database tables. (right klick in desing mode) does anyone know the problem? I think it is related to the missing section for firebird in the poodb??.ini file in the shared folder. Does anyone know the entries for the file to make the devmode working fine with firebird? when I create a table beeing connected to a Firebird database via ISQL- painter it works to create the table but la...

backup the database from powerbuilder
Hi. Partially based on discussions on this list, we are designing an enhancement to our pb9/10 pgms which will allow them to be (more or less automatically) updated from files stored at an ftp site. At customer sites, our pb 9/10 apps run against various versions of sqla and oracle. Does anyone know how we might (from within pb) backup the database and verify that the backup was successful? Thanks, Doug Hi Doug; You can ... {SQLAnywhere} 1) Use the Execute Immediate "var" syntax and run the DB backup command. 2) Call the "db_backup" fu...

powerbuilder database connections
I receive this error message when I try to connect the dbclient. "unable to start, server not found" When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive these errors: unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL could not load interface for specified database Please help Stephane In article <TcVR68XL9GA.205@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says... >> When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive >> these errors: >> unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL >> could not load interface for specified ...

Access to any database with PowerBuilder
Hi We are developing an application which will run with any RDBMS (oracle 7, 8, Sybase, Informix, DB2/AS400,...) . Only one RDBMS will be used on each site, but each customer may choose any RDBMS... This implies of course that we keep the SQL quite standard ... and other things .... Has anyone of you hints or ideas about this subject ? I find PowerBuilder is quite good when using ONE RDBMS, but not when generic code must be written And of course, ANSI SQL 89 or 92 is so restrictive, we must go further ... Thanks for any reply Hi, Our company has created a ...

database BLOBS in Powerbuilder
Hello, fellows, I have a question about database BLOB datatype: I need to store and recover large files in and from a database (Informix, Oracle...). I am using BLOB database data types for doing it, and it works great for small and medium files (up to 500Kbytes). But for large files it becomes very slow or even doesn't work at all. I think it is happening because of the way powerbuilder manage database blobs: I need to retrieve the database blob column using the SELECTBLOB statement, which stores the file content in a powerbuilder blob variable. If the file is very large (3...

PowerBuilder, COM and databases
Does anybody know if there are any restrictions or limitations on what backend databases can be connected to using a COM object created in PowerBuilder? I guess the answer depends on which PB version is used, so assume I'm using PowerBuilder 6. Will I need any patches to standard PB6 to reliably create COM components? John Waller ============================================================ John Waller Technosys Ltd. Email: WallerJ@technosys.co.uk Stonecourt Tel: (01203) 240431 Siskin Drive ...

powerbuilder database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Please help Stephane Stephane, The system can't find PBODB040.DLL. HTH, Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for the Web ******** ...

Problem connecting to oracle database in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version
I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error message which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource' Ershad, Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC drivers? The latest set of drivers is available at: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\ Could you also please post the attributes of the transaction object (except the password) that you use to try and connect to the oracle db? Sanjiv. <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message news:41aea458.51d5...

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

Web resources about - Version of PowerBuilder (ref: Creating database for PowerBuilder) - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles