Using Intersolv 3.01 ODBC Drivers with PowerBuilder 11.5

Hi,

Does anyone know if it possible to use the Intersolv 3.01
ODBC drivers with PowerBuilder 11.5?

We are upgrading our apps from PB10.5 to PB11.5.  The
Intersolv ODBC drivers were okay in PB10.5 but no longer
works in PB11.5.  We got the Intersolv ODBC drivers with PB5
and have been using them with all the PB upgrades without
any problems until PB11.5.

When I try to use the Intersolv ODBC drivers with PB11.5 I
get the following message

=93[INTERSOLV][ODBC dBase driver]You are not licensed to use
this INTERSOLV ODBC Driver under the license you have
purchased.  If you wish to purchase a license for use with
this application, then you may use this driver for a period
of 30 days, during which time you are required to obtain a
license.  You can order a license for an INTERSOLV ODBC
Driver for use with this application by calling INTERSOLV at
800-547-4000 in North America and +44 1727 812812 elsewhere.
 Thank you for your cooperation.=94

My guess is there is no longer an agreement between
Sybase/PowerBuilder and Intersolv (I think Intersolv is now
known as DataDirect).  If that is the case, it would explain
why we cannot use the Intersolv 3.01 ODBC drivers with
PB11.5.  I think the above message is very old because the
800-547-4000 phone number is not Intersolv or DataDirect.

We would like to continue using the Intersolv ODBC driver
because it has been working for us for over 10 years.  I
also tried the Microsoft ODBC driver, but our app fails when
we use the MS ODBC driver.

Thanks
Tony
0
Tony

what edition of PowerBuilder 11.5 are you using? Desktop or
Enterprise?

For Enterprise edition, any odbc driver should work well,
but for Desktop(maybe and Professional) edition, there are
some promission barriess.
0
frank
2/11/2010 9:36:30 AM
> what edition of PowerBuilder 11.5 are you using? Desktop
> or Enterprise?
>
> For Enterprise edition, any odbc driver should work well,
> but for Desktop(maybe and Professional) edition, there are
> some promission barriess.

We are using Enterprise.

I wanted to use the existing ODBC connection that our users
already have set up on their PCs.  I also wanted to use the
driver we have been using for the past 10 years, if it is
possible.  If it is not possible, I will try some of the
ODBC drivers in PB11.5.

Tony
2/11/2010 3:36:48 PM
There is a license file that goes with the drivers and that license ties
their use to the OEM application which they were provided. Since it was
with PB5 and you are using 11.5, it may be detecting that case. I cannot
comment on the licensing issues in this usage scenario.

Please check that the drivers are deployed correctly.

-chris

Tony Yapp wrote:
>> what edition of PowerBuilder 11.5 are you using? Desktop
>> or Enterprise?
>>
>> For Enterprise edition, any odbc driver should work well,
>> but for Desktop(maybe and Professional) edition, there are
>> some promission barriess.
>
> We are using Enterprise.
>
> I wanted to use the existing ODBC connection that our users
> already have set up on their PCs.  I also wanted to use the
> driver we have been using for the past 10 years, if it is
> possible.  If it is not possible, I will try some of the
> ODBC drivers in PB11.5.
>
> Thanks
0
Chris

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Drivers for Oracle 7.3 using PowerBuilder 5.0.02
Hi all! We are using Oracle stored procedures to populate datawindows. When we try to preview the data using the datawindow painter, the retrieval of the data doesn't work: the screen doesn't present the titles of the columns neither the rows, the bar doesn't have any button enabled and the only thing we can do is to close the preview. Using PB6.0 and the same datawindow and stored procedure we don't have any problem. Browsing some answers to questions posted to the newsgroup, I found that what we need to do is to upgrade some of our DLLs because, says the answer, ...

Powerbuilder 11.1 using WebServices .net 3.5 Framework
Hi All, I've created a "Hello World" web service using Visual Studio 2008 with 3.5 .net Framework, tested the web service and it works fine. Deployed the web service to a IIS 5.0 Web server on Windows XP Pro; now I'm trying to generate the WebService proxy in PB 11.1. I've set the WSDL engine to ".Net", point to the IIS server for the ".asmx" file for the WSDL location. When I try to deploy the project, I keep getting the following error. "Cannot access the WSDL or the WSDL file is invalid. (file://bla bla bla) Is PB compatiable wi...

Powerbuilder 11.1 crashes when loading a DW using SQL Server ODBC driver
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub482b59ff Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Since updgrading to PB 11.1 my script that loads a datawindow will make my application crash. Basically I'm loading a datawindow that contains a list of years to select. I'm connected to a SQL Server database using the SQL Server ODBC driver. If the result set of my select statement returns only one row, it writes inserts the row into the datawindow without a problem. If the result set returns more that one ro...

connect from powerbuilder 6.5 to sqlserver 11.0.3.3
hi, i�m beginner, how i connect a client powerbuilder 6.5(win 95) to sql server 11.0.3.3, linux 2.0.36 i586. thanks, advance pacifico chavez pacifico@netcomsa.com ...

powerbuilder 11.5 #3
Is there a way to set a datawindowchild to a fixed width instead of a percentage. Thanks Eric No there is not. "Ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4ca2efac$1@forums-1-dub... > Is there a way to set a datawindowchild to a fixed width instead of a > percentage. > > Thanks > Eric I don't actualyl see why you would want to either... if your column width is fixed then the percentage width is always going to be fixed, but if you're dynamically changing the column's width then I'm sure you must be able ...

Urgent Help Reqd
Can anyone offer some fast assistance on the following quesion :- Can Powerbuilder use earlier Intersolv Oracle ODBC drivers than 3.01? I need to get it working with Intersolv Oracle ODBC 2.12 if it is in any way possible. (Also - is 'Powerbuilder' the same as 'Powersoft Metaworks 6.1.01' ?) Thanks for help in advance Ian Aitchison Yes, as long as the Intersolv driver is not a 'restricted' driver. Many application, including Powerdesigner, ship a limited driver that works only with that application. It's Intersolv's way of telling you to buy ...

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

Powerbuilder 11, DataDirect ODBC-Driver
Are the DataDirect ODBC drivers part of the Powerbuilder 11 installation? How can i add the PB DataDirect ODBC drivers to an existing powerbuilder 11 installation? No they are not included. Technically speaking you are not licensed to use the previously supplied DataDirect drivers with PowerBuilder 11. If you need those drivers specifically, you'll have to purchase them separate from PowerBuilder. On 30 Sep 2007 11:31:52 -0700, "Yan" <yan.xu@gmx.de> wrote: >Are the DataDirect ODBC drivers part of the Powerbuilder 11 installation? >How can i add ...

Problem using ODBC in Powerbuilder 6.5
I'm using Powerbuilder 6.5. I have an application accessing an Access database thru ODBC. When installing a new software on the server the ODBC driver was changed. But Powerbuilder could not work after. The new version of ODBC Jet Database is now 4.00.3513.00. Could i find a fix for Powerbuilder to work with this new version of ODBC driver ? Remarks: The change did append for all other ODBC drivers. I fix it temporary by copying previous file odbcjt32.dll ( version 3.50.3602.00). Thank you. Sebastien RUNG sgedp1@hellasnet.gr Sorry, i founded already an ...

EAServer 6.3 PowerBuilder 11.5
I recently installed a clean version of EAServer 6.3 on a WinXP machine. I deployed a couple of our existing PB10.5.2 components and they worked without issue. I then upgraded those 10.5.2 components to PB 11.5 and deployed them. I've had no luck getting them to work. Is there something special that I have to do to enable pb11.5 in easerver 6.3? I can see PBVM105 and PBVM115 in the shared directory. There isn't much in the logs. Basically, I'm getting a null pointer when I try to get my component using the following: PBReportsV11.GeneratePBReportHelper.narrow(generat...

ODBC drivers in PowerBuilder version 11.0
We use in PowerBuilder version 7.03 PB INTERSOLV OEM 3.11 32-BIT TextFile(*.*) driver for ODBC connection to txt database. Where can we find ODBC driver for this database in PowerBuilder version 11.0 ? OS version : Windows XP. ODBC is a standard that is totally independant from PowerBuilder. You should be able to use it from PB11 without any problems. <Zhenya Perelman> wrote in message news:46a8c790.2126.1681692777@sybase.com... > We use in PowerBuilder version 7.03 PB INTERSOLV > OEM 3.11 32-BIT TextFile(*.*) driver for ODBC > connection to txt database. > ...

Web resources about - Using Intersolv 3.01 ODBC Drivers with PowerBuilder 11.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles