To Replace SQL Select statement in the datawindow through script coding

Hello,

Does somebody help me how to replace an old sql select statement with the
new one?
I've tried to use setSQLselect() of the datawindow with the new statement as
the argument but it failed to get the
right result, it supposed to retrieve the data covered in the new sql select
statement.
Any views on this?

Thanks in advance

0
Toni

Question from DW group.
If DW has no retrival arguments you can use setsqlselect() overwise
use MODIFY. It is more dificult becose of duoble quotas and etc.
You can use breakpoint in SQLPREVIEW to test new SQL.

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:05:50 +0800,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database
Toni <remaremulta@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Does somebody help me how to replace an old sql select statement with the
>new one?
>I've tried to use setSQLselect() of the datawindow with the new statement as
>the argument but it failed to get the
>right result, it supposed to retrieve the data covered in the new sql select
>statement.
>Any views on this?
>
>Thanks in advance

lima
3/26/2001 12:26:33 PM
It is also worth noting that SetSQLSelect can reset the updateable (i.e.
dw_1.update() will fail) status of a DW if the FROM and/or SELECT clauses
are modified.

"lima" <lima@eos.ru> wrote in message
> Question from DW group.
> If DW has no retrival arguments you can use setsqlselect() overwise
> use MODIFY. It is more dificult becose of duoble quotas and etc.
> You can use breakpoint in SQLPREVIEW to test new SQL.
>
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:05:50 +0800,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database
> Toni <remaremulta@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >Does somebody help me how to replace an old sql select statement with the
> >new one?
> >I've tried to use setSQLselect() of the datawindow with the new statement
as
> >the argument but it failed to get the
> >right result, it supposed to retrieve the data covered in the new sql
select
> >statement.
> >Any views on this?
> >
> >Thanks in advance

Paul

Help! How to modify the sql select statement for a nested datawindow inside a composite datawindow?
Help! How to modify the sql select statement for a nested datawindow inside a composite datawindow? Would the following work? dw_nest.Object.DataWindow.Table.Select="select employee_id from ..." Please help. jungan@aboex.com GetChild () ??? "Jun Gan" <jungan@aboex.com> wrote in message news:40e48313$1@forums-2-dub... > Help! > > How to modify the sql select statement for a nested datawindow inside a > composite datawindow? > > Would the following work? > > dw_nest.Object.DataWindow.Table.Select="select e...

Please Help me:SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database error ??? -- transaction rolled back SQL statement failed: (-101) Not connected to a database
Hi all, I am using Adaptive Server Anywhere 8 version 8.0.2.4239. I am able to sync successfully between 2 desktops with the same version. When I am trying to sync with my pocket pc device version 8.0.4122, Towards the end of Synchronization (nearly 95% completed) ,I am getting this error "E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database error ??? -- transaction rolled back E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-101) Not connected to a database" The log file contains E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database er...

sql select works in isql and not in datawindow code
im running with sybase 11 and i do a select statement like this select terminal_number, merchant_name=(select merchant_name from merchant_data from table1 , table2 where table2.field1 = convert(varchar, table3.field1) and table2.field2 = table1.field2 and table2.field3 = table1.field3) from table3 where terminal_number = 1111 and .......... and when i try to exit from datawindow datasource painter window (in text mode) it says "Incorrect Syntax near the word "from"" and if i move my marchant_name field before the terminal number...

New errors access MS SQL Server Database on (CREATE DATABASE and Batch SQL Statement)
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C2F2CB.0C201FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running ActiveState perl 5.8.0 on a WIN2K box with MS SQL Server = 2000. Recently I updated DBD-ODBC to v1.05 and DBI to v1.35 Now I get the following errors executing some sql commands CREATE SQLSTMT:[CREATE DATABASE POMS_SER ON (NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_DAT', = FILENAME =3D 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_SER_Data.MDF', SIZE =3D 10MB) LOG ON = ( NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_LOG', FILENAME =3D = 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_S...

How to join tables from different databases in SQL select statement?
I have a basic sql statement, where I have a usersID, and I want to joing that usersID to another table in another database to get the users first and last names.  How do I join across databases... each with a different connection string?   Here's what I want.. Select usersID from tableA in databaseA, and usersFirstName, usersLastName from table B in database B where the usersID from tableA = the usersID in tableb.  Never make important decisions on a Monday! You can't do that on fly directly. You have two options: 1. Create a linked server in DB invironmen...

SQL Script generation: Missing CREATE DATABASE statement
Hi, System: Powerdesigner 15.1 EBF 6. When generating a SQL script based upon a physical data model, I miss the CREATE DATABASE statement for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 respective T-SQL. Up to now I generate a SQL script and write the statement shown above manually in the generated script. Where can I persuade PD to generate the CREATE DATABASE statement automatically? Kind regards Stephan Hi Stephan, PD needs a database object to generate a database. Since PD doesn't automatically create one when generating a pdm, you have to create by yourself. After having...

Common PowerBuilder like functions for datawindow/datastore SQL scripts
Problem: every database has its own variation for common things like getting the year portion of a date. It would be great if a subset of the PB script functions could be used in the sql painter, then converted to the actual database specific function. So, when in graphic mode allow you to enter either in the compute column, the where area, group by, having, ... ; as well as in in direct syntax (ok this may be too hard but as long as I am asking...) a PB function. Example: PB Function: YEAR( date_column) select * from table where YEAR(mydatecolumn) = :argvalue Then when the...

Select a word in database using Sql Server then put in HTML Code
I have make an advertisement in my E-learning Project. I make the advertiment using Adrotator. How can i Select a Word from database like "Sport". Then put in the HTML like "<asp:adrotator id="Ad" AdvertisementFile="Sport.xml"></asp:adrotatorasasp:adrotator>" so that i can make an advertiment depend on their hobby. Thanks if not ispostback      ' Check current users hobby and determine the xml path         AdRotator1.AdvertisementFile = "xmlPathFile"End if...

How to code customer SQL statements to SELECT/UPDATE/INSERT/DELETE a many-to-many table
The VS 2008 Express Walkthrough: Modifying Data Using the ListView Web Server Control, showed the following codes to define the custom statements.However, after I edited one record and cliked the Update tab, whole records were changed to the new record. Similarly INSERT and DELETE tabs changedthe whole table data.How can I code the Update statement, so that only the current record will be changed?********************************************************************SELECT DepartmentID, Name, GroupName FROM HumanResources.DepartmentUPDATE HumanResources.Department SET Name = @Name, Grou...

Exporting SQL Express Database to SQL Script
Hello there, i want to move my database onto my webserver and to do so i need to create a database on my web server and then import the data into this database using a SQL script file.I know this is fairly simple using SQL Server 2005, however annoyingly i don't have that and i'm just using SQL Express, so is there any way to export the data from this database into a SQL Script file?Thanks.  Since you want to restore databasae with data in live server. The best way is Backing up the database then upload backup file into server.In server create a database with same name & t...

Export datawindow select statement form all datawindows
I have a large application with a lot of DWs. DB is SQL Server 2000. Some DW use " (double quotes) in the select statement (not '), and now, with PB105 and oledb, this statements fails (MS native driver works) I know that " isn't a valid character for delimiting strings in SQL, but this large application was written by many people :) How can I find all " in all select statements in all DW within my application to do a replace. Thanks, Alex B. Hi Alex, I'm not sure wether some tool like PBL Peeper is capable...

Inserting SQL statements into a SQL Server 2000 database
Hi all Am attempting to create an audit table that will allow me to keep tracke of who is doing what where and when. On thing that i want to insert into this table, is the actual command that was executed, however when i look at the data that i inserted all that i get is "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand" in the field. Any suggestion on how to overcome this problem. Mike55 Hello Mike55 if I understand you right, you like to record each request to have the possibility to control who do what and when. I think a good possibility is to create a httphandler to record all...

Top Statement and INDEX= Statement in Datawindow SQL Painter
Hi, Is there any way to put TOP and INDEX statement into Sql definition in Datawindow painter in graphical view. I know that I can go to "Convert to Sytax" but I want to learn if there is an option like "DISTINCT" in painter. SQL Example: Select TOP 100 Name,Surname FROM Names (INDEX = INX_name) Thanks for all Ali 'Top 100' you can do by making the first item in the select list a computed column TOP 100 Name I can't think of a way of doing Index. I never use graphical mode for anything other than very simple queries (and usually no...

Creating a database in SQL Server using an SQL Script
Hi, I am trying to create the "Personal" database in my SQL server using the SQL script (Personal.sql) that is provided with the starter kit.  Does anyone know how I can run this script to create the database? Do I do it from the command line? If so how do I do this and can I use windows authentication to connect to the server? Many thanks in advance, Trevor Keast Hi,      We can run the scripts in two ways. 1. Open your Sql client , if it is sql server 2005 then sql management studio Run-->sqlwb,Sql server 2000 then isqlw. Login to your data...

Web resources about - To Replace SQL Select statement in the datawindow through script coding - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo