Stored Procedure - DW problem

I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 parameters (2 are optional) but
when executing a retrieve (para1, para2, para3, para4) I don't obtain any
result

The SP is executed OK in mode interactive

What's the problem?

Thanks

Alejandro

0
Alejandro

Check in detail the value of each one of your parameters. If one of them is
NULL, is probably thay your SP doesn't work.

Good Luck,

Javier Barbieri

"Alejandro G�mez" <agomez@ucv.cl> wrote in message
> I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 parameters (2 are optional) but
> when executing a retrieve (para1, para2, para3, para4) I don't obtain any
> result
>
> The SP is executed OK in mode interactive
>
> What's the problem?
>
> Thanks
>

> Alejandro

0
Alessandro

problem while running a stored procedure from powerbuilder
Hi, When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did not have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111? Can anyone tell me the reason for this error and how should I resolve the same? Thanks, Nataraj PS: Sybase version is 12.5 and PowerBuilder version is 8.0.3 > Hi, > > When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I > get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did > not have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111? Type 111 is pro...

problem in executing the stored procedure from powerbuilder
i have a stored procedure in sybase as follows. create procedure p_tes_update_open_seats @class_id int, @enroll_cnt int, @ret_value int output as Declare @capacity int, @open_seats int Select @capacity = capacity From classes Where class_id = @class_id Select @open_seats = @capacity - @enroll_cnt Update classes Set open_seats = @open_seats Where class_id = @class_id if @@error !=0 Begin Select @ret_value = -1 End else Begin Select @ret_value = 1 End i wanted to execute the above procedure, so i wrote like the code as follows in powerbuilde...

Problem calling DB2 stored procedure from PowerBuilder
I am trying to call a DB2 stored procedure written in Java from my PowerBuilder 8.0.3 app. (My version of UDB is 7.2 and it resides on an AIX box.) My stored proc accepts one input parameter and does not return a result set. The procedure runs fine from DB2 Stored Procedure Builder, but I have not been able to get it to work from PowerBuilder. I have tried several different ways of calling this stored proc, and none of them have worked. I have read everything I can find on the web about this, and I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have tried creating a user object o...

Membership database stored procedures owner problem
I used Membership provider and it's default database for my personal web site.(http://www.mani-bono.com) but I am using a non-dedicated Web Server and Sql Server. so I created the stored procedures using my own user in the database. for example name of the stored procedures are mani.aspnet_Membership_CreateUser not dbo.aspnet_Membership_CreateUserso it causes an error in my pages like: Couldn't found stored procedure dbo.aspnet_Membership_CreateUserand it's true! my stored procedure is named mani.aspnet_Membership_CreateUser.  what can I do ? I don't have access to dbo user of the ...

Problem with Returning a Value from a Stored Procedure to Powerbuilder
I am using Powerbuilder 6.5.1 and Sql Anywhere 6.0.3 I trying to call a Strored Procedure from within Powerbuilder.This procedure should return me a value to tell me if everything went ok in this procedure.The procedure runs but it does not return me a value back to powerbuiler. ----------------------------------------------- Here's a shorten ver of the Stored Procedure. ----------------------------------------------- Alter procedure DBA.Unbill_wkst(in d_invoice_id decimal(10),out s_ret_code char(3)) begin atomic Declare no_error exception for sqlstate value '00000...

Database Output Problem for a SQL Server 2000 stored procedure
Hi,  I have a problem with "database output"  window in executing a select-sp in vs 2005 standard. The db is a sql server 2000 one.When I execute the sp within VS, the database output correctly displays the execution information:No rows affected.(1 row(s) returned)@RETURN_VALUE = 3 but I can't see the returned rows (3 rows are returned); I only see the column names and no data.Running [dbo].[spBkm_GetList] ( @IDUser = <DEFAULT>, [.........]).IDBkm UIBkm IDUser --------------------- ------------------------...

Problem Calling Store Procedure from Powerbuilder in PB/Jaguar architechture
----- Original Message ----- From: Naimesh Trivedi <naimesh@rajmicro.com> Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver.powerbuilder Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 3:13 PM Subject: Re: Calling Stored Procudure in 3-tier in Powerbuilder/JaguarCTS architechture > Hello Mark, > > Thanx for ur prompt response. Foll. error is coming > > Error ORA-24321 (Zero Iteration count) If done using sqlca syntax shown > below & Stored Procedure does not > execute or no row returns (the test sp inserts one row in one table - hard > coded for testing purpose) > &...

Calling a stored procedure inside another stored procedure (or "nested stored procedures")
Hi all - I'm trying to optimized my stored procedures to be a bit easier to maintain, and am sure this is possible, not am very unclear on the syntax to doing this correctly.  For example, I have a simple stored procedure that takes a string as a parameter, and returns its resolved index that corresponds to a record in my database. ie exec dbo.DeriveStatusID 'Created' returns an int value as 1 (performed by "SELECT statusID FROM statusList WHERE statusName= 'Created')  but I also have a second stored procedure that needs to make reference to&n...

DB2 V4 STORED STORED PROCEDURE AND POWERBUILDER
I have finally been able to call a stored procedure written in cobol from powerbuilder 6. But I still got some problem . The call will work only if I initialize the output parameter to space (80) because the output parameter of the stored procedure is char(80) . Here is a sample that works. string ls_literal_OUTMSGF string ls_literal_RQT Ls_literal_RQT = 'I' ls_literal_OUTMSGF = space(80) SQLCA.TESTPROC (ls_literal_RQT, ls_literal_OUTMSGF ) If I initialize the output variable like the following statements. It bombs.(communication error) setnull ( ls_literal_OUTMSGF...

Database Stored Procedures Not Showing up in Database View
 Hi I have an application that I have started to develop.  I have successfully set the connection to open the SQL Server database that I created.  When I first started on the program, I was able to create Table Adapters by dragging the tables or stored procedures onto the DataSet work surface and going through the configuration process.  At one point, however, I stopped being able to see any of my stored procedures in the database view although they are there because when I go to create a new table adapter, I am able to right click and add the new adapter and find the sto...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

help about ---store date in database using stored procedure
hi,friends i m new for stored procedure i need your help. i want to store a date into sqlserver database using stored procedure. when i run app. it will give this error....... ---------------------------------- Server Error in '/aspnet/espms' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originate...

Calling a Stored Procedure from a Stored Procedure
Can you do this? I have a sp that returns a list of eligible accounts and then I use that list in other sp but I don't want to keep copying the code, I would like to be able to use it as a sub query in other sp but I don't know if this is possible or what the syntax would be. Thanks, Aaron You cannot do that directly. You can: 1. Use User defined functions which can return a resultset 2. Use a local #temp table which can hold the resultset of the called stored procedure and use this #temp table in your subsequent processing INSERT #tempTable EXEC s...

calling a stored procedure from a stored procedure
Hi Group! I'm on ASA 8.02 Build 4411 writing sprocs in WATCOM SQL. I have a sproc which breaks a given string-parameter into pieces. It's result set contains the pieces, e.g. last line of sproc: "select item from mytable;". This sproc works fine. Now I need to call this procedure from another procedure which has a variable result set. I tried the following: <snip... set ll_retval = 0; call sp_breakstring(as_bzp,','); BreakLoop: while ll_retval <> 100 and not ll_retval < 0 loop set li_zaehler = li_zaehler + 1; fetch next sp_breakstrin...

Execute stored procedure from stored procedure
Hello,i need to execute a stored procedure from another stored procedure. For example:StoredProcedure1: Returns a table with columns "year" and "value".StoredProcedure2: Also returns a table with columns "year" and "value".In Stored Procedure3: I would like to use the results from StoredProcedure1 and StoredProcedure2 and join them. Can somebody give me an example how to execute a stored procedure from another one and use the result table for a new command?Kind regards and thanks,carsaw hi,first off all let me clarify here - you cannot return ta...

Web resources about - Stored Procedure - DW problem - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

NFL security procedures in question after rappelling protesters
Two protesters with sophisticated gear disrupted the Panthers-Colts game in Charlotte Monday night, bringing into question security at the stadium ...

Kim Zolciak Shares Glam Post-Heart Surgery Selfie, Calls Procedure 'a Success'
Kim Zolciak Shares Glam Post-Heart Surgery Selfie, Calls Procedure 'a Success'

Robust Growth In Procedures, Beneficial Product Mix Drive Intuitive Surgical's Strong Q3 Performance
The company’s non-GAAP gross margin improved by over 2 percentage points year-on-year due to higher average selling prices, cost savings, and ...

US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor ...
US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor test performances by TSA screeners

Concession: Ryan promises Freedom Caucus he’ll delay discussion of reforming procedure for removing the ...
Compromise. Like I said this morning, it sounds like they did a little horse-trading at their summit. Ryan wants them to give up their right ...