SQL Server Native DB Driver vs ODBC

Interfacing with a PB application which driver is recommended for MS Sql
Server, Native SQL Server or ODBC connection?

When I use Native MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x driver it passes datetime
datawindow retrieval arguments as strings and creates data mismatch errors?
Is there a way to fix this?

0
egattu

Up through 6.5, the MSS interface.  After that, OLEDB.  Those are the
native drivers for that database.

What version of PB are you on?  Issues such as you've described are
often resolved in later versions/builds.

On Sat, 10 May 2003 19:41:47 -0400, "egattu" <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Interfacing with a PB application which driver is recommended for MS Sql
>Server, Native SQL Server or ODBC connection?
>

>When I use Native MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x driver it passes datetime
>datawindow retrieval arguments as strings and creates data mismatch errors?
>Is there a way to fix this?

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce
5/12/2003 1:27:43 AM
I am using PB 8 with MS SQL Server 2000

Could you please also tell me how do I make the OLEDB connection in the DB
Painter and/or in script.

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:j2utbvsatr6gr0bh2lm65j6635cgmn8dbs@4ax.com...
> Up through 6.5, the MSS interface.  After that, OLEDB.  Those are the
> native drivers for that database.
>
> What version of PB are you on?  Issues such as you've described are
> often resolved in later versions/builds.
>
> On Sat, 10 May 2003 19:41:47 -0400, "egattu" <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Interfacing with a PB application which driver is recommended for MS Sql
> >Server, Native SQL Server or ODBC connection?
> >

> >When I use Native MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x driver it passes datetime
> >datawindow retrieval arguments as strings and creates data mismatch
errors?
> >Is there a way to fix this?
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

0
egattu
5/12/2003 10:54:36 AM
PB 8 Build 9056

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:j2utbvsatr6gr0bh2lm65j6635cgmn8dbs@4ax.com...
> Up through 6.5, the MSS interface.  After that, OLEDB.  Those are the
> native drivers for that database.
>
> What version of PB are you on?  Issues such as you've described are
> often resolved in later versions/builds.
>
> On Sat, 10 May 2003 19:41:47 -0400, "egattu" <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Interfacing with a PB application which driver is recommended for MS Sql
> >Server, Native SQL Server or ODBC connection?
> >

> >When I use Native MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x driver it passes datetime
> >datawindow retrieval arguments as strings and creates data mismatch
errors?
> >Is there a way to fix this?
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

0
egattu
5/12/2003 10:56:53 AM
Well, the first thing you need to do is make sure you have the PB
OLEDB driver installed.  If you don't see it in your list of options,
then you need to go back and do a custom install to add it.

Once you've done that, there are a couple of utilities under that
driver which will help you set up the link that you will then use from
the profile.

On Mon, 12 May 2003 06:54:36 -0400, "egattu" <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am using PB 8 with MS SQL Server 2000
>
>Could you please also tell me how do I make the OLEDB connection in the DB
>Painter and/or in script.
>

>"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
>wrote in message news:j2utbvsatr6gr0bh2lm65j6635cgmn8dbs@4ax.com...
>> Up through 6.5, the MSS interface.  After that, OLEDB.  Those are the
>> native drivers for that database.
>>
>> What version of PB are you on?  Issues such as you've described are
>> often resolved in later versions/builds.
>>
>> On Sat, 10 May 2003 19:41:47 -0400, "egattu" <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Interfacing with a PB application which driver is recommended for MS Sql
>> >Server, Native SQL Server or ODBC connection?
>> >

>> >When I use Native MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x driver it passes datetime
>> >datawindow retrieval arguments as strings and creates data mismatch
>errors?
>> >Is there a way to fix this?
>> >

>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> http://www.teamsybase.com
>>
>> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
>> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>
>> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
>> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
>Assisi
>> http://www.needhim.org

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce
5/12/2003 1:53:47 PM
I got OLEDB installed and working. It is very similiar to MSS Microsoft SQL
Server 6.x driver. Is there any real benefit in using one opposed to other or is
it beacuse of new version.

On Mon, 12 May 2003 06:53:47 -0700,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote:
>Well, the first thing you need to do is make sure you have the PB
>OLEDB driver installed.  If you don't see it in your list of options,
>then you need to go back and do a custom install to add it.
>
>Once you've done that, there are a couple of utilities under that
>driver which will help you set up the link that you will then use from
>the profile.
>
>On Mon, 12 May 2003 06:54:36 -0400, "egattu" <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I am using PB 8 with MS SQL Server 2000
>>
>>Could you please also tell me how do I make the OLEDB connection in the DB
>>Painter and/or in script.
>>

>>"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
>>wrote in message news:j2utbvsatr6gr0bh2lm65j6635cgmn8dbs@4ax.com...
>>> Up through 6.5, the MSS interface.  After that, OLEDB.  Those are the
>>> native drivers for that database.
>>>
>>> What version of PB are you on?  Issues such as you've described are
>>> often resolved in later versions/builds.

>>errors?
>>> >

>>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>> http://www.teamsybase.com
>>>
>>> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
>>> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>>
>>> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
>>> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>>
>>> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
>>Assisi
>>> http://www.needhim.org
>>

>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>http://www.teamsybase.com
>
>Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
>http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
>Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
>http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
>Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
>http://www.needhim.org
0
egattu

I'm new to OLE DB. It seems this is working, but I got a couple issues:

1) Error on retrieving DataWindow with a Stored Procedure that pass in
argument
2) GPF every time when I edit/view PB Database Profile for my new OLE DB
connection. But the changes were saved.

How do I solve these problems? and which DLL to deploy, or any way to view a
list of related OLE DB DLLs.

Thanks.

- Eddy

"egattu" <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> PB 8 Build 9056
>

> "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
> wrote in message news:j2utbvsatr6gr0bh2lm65j6635cgmn8dbs@4ax.com...
> > Up through 6.5, the MSS interface.  After that, OLEDB.  Those are the
> > native drivers for that database.
> >
> > What version of PB are you on?  Issues such as you've described are
> > often resolved in later versions/builds.
> >
> > On Sat, 10 May 2003 19:41:47 -0400, "egattu" <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Interfacing with a PB application which driver is recommended for MS
Sql
> > >Server, Native SQL Server or ODBC connection?
> > >

> > >When I use Native MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x driver it passes
datetime
> > >datawindow retrieval arguments as strings and creates data mismatch
> errors?
> > >Is there a way to fix this?
> > >

> > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> > http://www.teamsybase.com
> >
> > Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> > http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
> >
> > Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> > http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
> >
> > Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
> Assisi
> > http://www.needhim.org

0
Eddy
5/13/2003 9:33:30 PM
Powerbuilder support .dll for ole_db is:
    PBOLExx.dll where xx is 70, 80 or 90.

Issue 1)
    In some builds this was a problem.  Also, beware that you will get an
error that is a generic failure message that seems like it referrs to
parameter conversion.  The DW builder will generate a
string like:
    procedure="1 execute dbo.sp_getcallsentence3;1 " filter=" jobid  <>
151")
some times if you edit the dw source and change the call to:
    procedure="1 sp_getcallsentence3 " filter="jobid <> 151")
the problem will be solved.

Issue 2)
    There is some option selected that is causing this behavior.  Try using
the default options for everything.  The use of a .udl file seems to help
the stability factor greatly.  In earlier versions/builds of PB the
connection time required for ole_db not using .udl file was very long.  This
has been greatly impoved in latest versions for 8 and 9.  Also, ole_db is
more highly dependent on the version of MDAC installed on the client
machine.  I suggest that you use the newest that you can find.  SQL Server
2000 SP3 is also a good update to increase stability.

I switched from MSS to OLE_DB back in pb 7.01 days, and had a little bit of
a rocky road.  The end result was worth the extra effort for my customers.
It has proven to be a good performer in the finished product.  It is
slightly faster, allows use of the entire SQL Server feature set, and is
better for connection over WAN link.  Now, in PB 9 it should be easier to
make the switch.

"Eddy Soeparmin" <esoeparmin@clientprofiles.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to OLE DB. It seems this is working, but I got a couple issues:
>
> 1) Error on retrieving DataWindow with a Stored Procedure that pass in
> argument
> 2) GPF every time when I edit/view PB Database Profile for my new OLE DB
> connection. But the changes were saved.
>
> How do I solve these problems? and which DLL to deploy, or any way to view
> list of related OLE DB DLLs.
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Eddy
>
> "egattu" <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > PB 8 Build 9056
> >

> > "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]"
<NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
> > wrote in message news:j2utbvsatr6gr0bh2lm65j6635cgmn8dbs@4ax.com...
> > > Up through 6.5, the MSS interface.  After that, OLEDB.  Those are the
> > > native drivers for that database.
> > >
> > > What version of PB are you on?  Issues such as you've described are
> > > often resolved in later versions/builds.

> Sql

> datetime
> > errors?
> > > >

> > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> > > http://www.teamsybase.com
> > >
> > > Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> > > http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
> > >
> > > Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> > > http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
> > >
> > > Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
> > Assisi
> > > http://www.needhim.org

0
Tyler
5/14/2003 1:33:28 PM
Hi Tyler,

Thank you for your response, and that helps a lot. However, I am having
issue 1) with the stored procdure argument. If the solution is to hard-coded
then it's not gona work. This is the partial exported syntax

procedure="1 execute dbo.cmbt_connected_users;1 :loginame"
arguments=(("loginame", string)) )

Where this procedure expects an argument.

This is the portion of the procedure declaration:
===========
CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.CMBT_connected_users
    @loginame     sysname = NULL
as
===========

Where SysName is equivalent to nVarChar(128). SQL Analyzer shows that
instead of SysName. It seems to me, perhaps, this is PowerBuilder
convertion??? Please help. Thank.

Eddy

"Tyler Cruse" <tcruse@trlx.com> wrote in message
> Powerbuilder support .dll for ole_db is:
>     PBOLExx.dll where xx is 70, 80 or 90.
>
> Issue 1)
>     In some builds this was a problem.  Also, beware that you will get an
> error that is a generic failure message that seems like it referrs to
> parameter conversion.  The DW builder will generate a
> string like:
>     procedure="1 execute dbo.sp_getcallsentence3;1 " filter=" jobid  <>
> 151")
> some times if you edit the dw source and change the call to:
>     procedure="1 sp_getcallsentence3 " filter="jobid <> 151")
> the problem will be solved.
>
> Issue 2)
>     There is some option selected that is causing this behavior.  Try
using
> the default options for everything.  The use of a .udl file seems to help
> the stability factor greatly.  In earlier versions/builds of PB the
> connection time required for ole_db not using .udl file was very long.
This
> has been greatly impoved in latest versions for 8 and 9.  Also, ole_db is
> more highly dependent on the version of MDAC installed on the client
> machine.  I suggest that you use the newest that you can find.  SQL Server
> 2000 SP3 is also a good update to increase stability.
>
> I switched from MSS to OLE_DB back in pb 7.01 days, and had a little bit
of
> a rocky road.  The end result was worth the extra effort for my customers.
> It has proven to be a good performer in the finished product.  It is
> slightly faster, allows use of the entire SQL Server feature set, and is
> better for connection over WAN link.  Now, in PB 9 it should be easier to
> make the switch.
>

> "Eddy Soeparmin" <esoeparmin@clientprofiles.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new to OLE DB. It seems this is working, but I got a couple issues:
> >
> > 1) Error on retrieving DataWindow with a Stored Procedure that pass in
> > argument
> > 2) GPF every time when I edit/view PB Database Profile for my new OLE DB
> > connection. But the changes were saved.
> >
> > How do I solve these problems? and which DLL to deploy, or any way to
view
> > list of related OLE DB DLLs.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > - Eddy
> >
> > "egattu" <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > PB 8 Build 9056
> > >

> > > "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]"
> <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>

MS
> > Sql

> > datetime
> > > errors?

> > > Assisi

0
Eddy
5/14/2003 3:31:47 PM
You won't be able to take advantage of any of the post-6.5 features using
the MSS driver.  It's feature frozen at that version.

--

> I got OLEDB installed and working. It is very similiar to MSS Microsoft
SQL
> Server 6.x driver. Is there any real benefit in using one opposed to other
or is
> it beacuse of new version.
>

> On Mon, 12 May 2003 06:53:47 -0700,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote:
> >Well, the first thing you need to do is make sure you have the PB
> >OLEDB driver installed.  If you don't see it in your list of options,
> >then you need to go back and do a custom install to add it.
> >
> >Once you've done that, there are a couple of utilities under that
> >driver which will help you set up the link that you will then use from
> >the profile.
> >
> >On Mon, 12 May 2003 06:54:36 -0400, "egattu" <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I am using PB 8 with MS SQL Server 2000
> >>
> >>Could you please also tell me how do I make the OLEDB connection in the
DB
> >>Painter and/or in script.
> >>

> >>"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]"
<NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>

Sql

> >>errors?

> >>Assisi
> >>

> >Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> >http://www.teamsybase.com
> >
> >Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> >http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
> >
> >Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> >http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
> >
> >Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> >http://www.needhim.org

0
Bruce

ODBC vs SQLOLEDB vs MSS Microsoft SQL Server (Native Drivers)
PowerBuilder 9.0.1 We're currently migrating an application from PB 6.5.1 ,with ODBC to MSSQL 7, to PB 9.0.1 My question being should I stick with ODBC or should I go with OLE DB or should I go with Native Drivers for MSSQL Server? Anybody have the pro's and con's? Basically we are looking for is any boost in performance. As well as which has less problems (g).. Thanks, Adrian MSS support only MS SQL 6.5 functionality, no future OLE_DB works well in PB 9.1, faster than ODBC, about same as MSS "Adrian Galvan" <Nospam_agalvan@audisys.com...

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'WinFM SQL PFS'. Login fails.
HiASP pages were properly connecting to SQL DB until I restored from a backup DB.  As soon as I finished restoring from the backup DB, I am getting the following error message.   I did not make any changes on ASP side.  IIS Server and SQL 2K Server is running on a WIN2K Server Box.Please help.Thank you.HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP errorInternet Information ServicesTechnical Information (for support personnel)Error Type:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login...

SQL Server Database File vs SQL Server Database -VWD Express
VWD Express 2008, SQL Server Express 2005. I have been using SQL Server Express with ASP and VB for some years - I just create a DB in Management Studio Express, have SQL Server set to 'SQL Server and Windows authentication', and use a connection string with 'sa' and a password (I never have managed to get it working with 'integrated security', but that is probably irrelevant to this post). So I have a list of DB's attached to SQL Server that I can see, attach, detach etc in MSE. I am getting started with .NET. Working through a VWD Express book tutori...

Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
Hi Everybody, On localhost this application works fine but when I put on remote server. I am getting following errors. For both localhost and server, I am using same remote sql 2000. I will appreciate any help. Thanks, Arif Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more i...

wegconfig connectionstring ADODB System.Data.Odbc error is [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'
    <add name="MYADODBCUSTOMERCONNECTIONSTRING" connectionString="Driver={SQL Server};Server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;Database=myDbname;Uid=xxxxx;Pwd=xxxxx" providerName="System.Data.Odbc" />   [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: [Micros...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

Native/ODBC/ OLE DB
I'm trying to find an overview doc (pro's - con's, suggested upgrade path) regarding the issues of db connectivity going forward for SQL 7.0/SQL 2K & pb.(was hoping that Sybase would have a whitepaper, but my searching hasn't resulted in any one concrete doc) Here's my synopsis so far: Native: Works with SQL 7 & SQL 2k. But can't exploit new structures etc. No longer enhanced. ODBC: has some bugs (datetime?), speed issues, also eventuually being phased out in favor of OLE Db, not many code changes required. OLE Db: large amount of bugs/coversion iss...

ODBC vs Native Drives for SQL Server
What are the limitations for using ODBC vs Sybase native drives when acessing SQL Server database? Will I still be able to use all the documented features of SQL Server? ...

MS SQL Server driver vs. ODBC
Here is what our problem is; We normally use MS SQL Sever native database drivers to connect to MS SQL Server. We are tying to retrieve a column or columns that have the data type of varchar or nvarchar with more than 256 characters. When we retrieve the data anything over 256 characters gets truncated. So, we switched to ODBC. Now we get the data back properly but the process that does this is an automated process. If we loose connection to the database when using ODBC a dialogue box appears and wants a human to press a button. We can't have that dialogue box appear because ...

powerbuilder odbc driver for MS sql server bug
Hello, We are using powerbuilder 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 and using ODBC for connection.We are encountered with no. of problems for different versions of ODBC drivers. all these versions of ODBC drivers have problems with embeded SQL. Listed as 1. One version of ODBC driver execute embeded sql or dw retrieve ( ) function slowly at exection time that of dw retrival in dw painter in the development environment which is about 12 times more faster. 2. Another ODBC driver speed up the embeded sql and dw retrieve () at exection time but the embeded sql containing the lock request becomes ...

Why does a simple select query in Microsoft Access return the error [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has
I have applied the information from support document 10447954 but that does not solve the problem. I am running a simple select query with one criteria from one table. Thanks. ...

SQL Attached mdf database files VS database imported into or created in SQL Server 2005
 Hi all (newbie @ asp.net)(oldie @ ASP 3)What is the purpose of using an attached MDF database files in the App_Data folder on a web site as to importing it into the SQL server directly or creating it on the SQL server. Does a mdf database attached file purely use the SQL server as a connection interface.Is it something similiar to DSN(ODBC) Connections for ms access databases. AFAIK it is only for deployment conveniance, I have always imported the database directly into SQL Server and set up the connection string accordingly.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the...

Web resources about - SQL Server Native DB Driver vs ODBC - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

New GIGABYTE Server Motherboards Show Xeon D Round 2
... the most awesome product Intel has delivered in years, even if it is slightly hidden away from the mainstream’. There is interest both server ...

Linux bug imperils tens of millions of PCs, servers, and Android phones
(credit: amalthya ) For almost three years, millions of servers and smaller devices running Linux have been vulnerable to attacks that allow ...

Qualcomm will manufacture server chips in China
Qualcomm has entered an agreement with the Chinese province of Guizhou to enter into a joint venture to develop chips for server systems. This ...

Clinton's server had emails beyond top secret level
The Inspector General recently updated Congress on the contents of the former secretary of state's home server

Qualcomm sets up joint venture in China for server chips
Qualcomm is setting up a server chipset design and sales unit with a provincial government in China, a move that could help boost the company's ...

Report: Emails At The Highest Classification Levels Found On Hillary’s Private Server
Report: Emails At The Highest Classification Levels Found On Hillary’s Private Server

Netflix To Crack Down On Proxy Servers As Share Price Continues To Be Volatile
Netflix is cracking down on people using proxy servers to access the SVOD giant’s library. The use of VPNs (virtual private networks) was commonplace ...

Qualcomm teams up with Chinese province for server chips
... government's investment arm and 45% owned by a subsidiary of Qualcomm. The JV will focus on the design, development and sale of advanced server ...

OpenSSH Flaw Exposes Linux Servers to Roaming Risk
The open-source remote access project issues an update to patch a flaw that could enable an attacker to get access to sensitive data.