SQL Server 6.5 / DLL's / PB 6.5

Hello,

Our programs run on SQL Server 6.5 but we  need to migrate them to 7.0
thus I was wondering which .DLL to use when deploying our PB6.5 program when
the database is a SQL Server 7.0.

At the moment we have been using v6.5.00.444 of pbmss60.dll for the SQL 6.5
and we have a v6.5.00.575 (03-02-99) which is supposed to be used for 7.0 -
however it is called Beta which doesn't somehow doesn't give me a good
feeling... is the latter really needed for running with SQL 7.0 or can we
continue using the ol' 444 without any problems ?

TIA
</anders>

-1
ak

How do i upgrade PowerBuilder 5.0's native driver for MS SQL Server 6.5?
If you have the 5.0.04 patches, you have the latest stuff that I know of. Tech Support might have something as a private EBF, but you would have to contact them directly to determine that. Are you having a particular problem with the drivers you have now? On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:38:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database A-B-C <a-b-c@163.net> wrote: > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.romac-sou...

MS SQL server 6.5 table's columns cannot be seen through pb 5.x
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007F_01BECF9F.B8FDC0E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have both PB 5.x and PB 6.5 installed in the same machine. When I = connect to the MS SQL server database through PB 6.5 it is connecting & = working fine both through native driver & ODBC driver. But when I try to = connect to the same database in PB 5.x through native driver, it = connects fine. But when I try to open a table, I am getting error saying = that the col...

PB 6.5 AND MS SQL SERVER 6.5
Hi, I have recently converted an 16-bit PB5.0 application to PB6.5. This application goes against a MS SQL SERVER 6.5 database. I have noticed now that the new application won't release locks on tables when I do an insert or update. This application has never had explicit commits coded and I haven't seen soo many locks on tables before until the recent powerbuilder upgrade. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Chris Edwards Saks Incorporated 331 W. Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee, WI 53203 chris_edwards@saksinc.com ...

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
We are currently running apps in PB 5.0.04 and PB 6.5 with a MS SQL Server database, ver 6.5 SP4. Our DBA wants to apply SP5a to the database. I see many issues regarding a required update for PB 5.0.04. Fine, we'll deal with that. Is there any documentation in existence that verifies that PB 6.5 is compliant with MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a? Also, does anyone have test results using the new MS SQL Server ODBC driver ver 3.7? Thanks! If its of any help, I couldn't find any hits in the infobase on service pack 5 or ODBC driver 3.7. Either nobody is having problems wit...

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

Executing a MS SQL server 6.5 procedure with no result sets from PB 6.5...
Hi friends, I have a stored procedure created in MS SQL Server 6.5. The procedure has 4 arguments. The procedure will do some calculations & then finally will insert some data into a table. That's it. It won't return any resultset (no select statement). Now I need to execute the procedure from within a PB application(verion 6.5). Which is te best method for this. Dynamic SQL format 1/2/.... Thanks in advance. Thanks. Bye. With Regards, Jeinutheen Mohamed. In your PB script, declare the procedure : DECLARE sp_procedure PROCEDURE F...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

BUG!!!! ?? Using Stored Procedure with PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5.
I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading to PB 6.5 I cannot assign any of my stored procedures to a datawindow. What the .... is wrong. Is it my installation? Is it PB 6.5? In fact it is serious as my reports are not running. Any comments are appreciated. Thomas Door Maersk Data AS What is the error you are getting, maybe we could help you then. Randy Thomas D��r <thd@maerskdata.dk> wrote in article <CoL4foOz9GA.276@forums.powersoft.com>... > I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading ...

Can I: Client 6.5.6 w/ Server 6.5.5
Real basic, can I run the SP 6 client software against the SP 5 server agents? Ryan Yep Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 or 6.0 & old .dll's
To All: On a previous post I asked if anyone had some old .dll's and the response was that they were part of the OS on Win95 or NT. I have searched all my old original disc's and cannot find what I need....can some one who has SQL Anywhere 5.5 or 6.0 PLEASE check to see if you have the exact dll's listed and can you please send them to me as a BIG favor...I own version 8.0 of SQL Anywhere and need the following to work out a client problem Name Date Version odbc.dll 3/ 3/95 2.10.2401 odbc16gt.dll 8/15/95 ...

Old dll's from version 5.5 or 6.0 of SQL Anywhere
To All: I have a need for some "older" dll's I have a license for version 8.0 but need the following stuff from version 5.5 or 6.0 can anyone find the following and send them to me? Thanks in advance. Brian B Name Date Version odbc.dll 3/ 3/95 2.10.2401 odbc16gt.dll 8/15/95 2.50.3006 odbc32.dll 8/15/95 2.50.3006 odbc32gt.dll 8/15/95 2.50.3006 odbccp32.dll 8/15/95 2.50.3006 odbcinst.dll 3/ 3/95 2.10.2401 odbcint.dll 8/15/95 ...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

Web resources about - SQL Server 6.5 / DLL's / PB 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.database