SQL 0302 Error Code with Client Access ODBC

Hi

I am using Client access with PowerBuilder 6.5 .
The problem is as in some reports i have 3 or 4 datawindows all are details of a
master record except the first one. the detail datawindows are retireved after
the master is retrieved. the link between these tables are a decimal 7,0 field
on certain times i am getting the SQL error , Error Code SQL0302 - conversion
error on host variable or parameter *N.  when i looked at the as/400 for the
details it showed me the details as follows
//---------------------------------------
      If the host variable name is *N and the statement is FETCH, an SQLDA was
   specified. If the parameter name is *N and the statement is CALL, an SQLDA,
   a constant, or a special register was specified.
 Recovery  . . . :   Change the value of the host variable or parameter or
   entry in the SQLDA so that it can be converted and is valid.  Try the
   request again.
 //---------------------------------------

This error does not happen always, i have noticed this error popping up at times
when the linking fields value is crossing from 1 digit to 2 ( Eg upto 9 it is ok
but gives error on 10)  similarly it works when the value is upto 99 , on 100 it
gives error, the next occurence is on 1000.
This is when i retrieve a bunch of my master records.

so the error discription given by the 400 is correct that the SQLDA variable is
overflowing, but how do control this.
                                                            my connection
parameter is set with disable bind = 1 and static bind = 0

0
Rajesh

Rajesh,
I have usually seen this particular error when a numeric field is null. Is
this a possiblity? If not, you might try a long( integer, for AS400 )
datatype instead of the decimal - I believe it's passed through the ODBC
interface a little differently.

HTH,
Eric Tanafon

Rajesh Kochath <rajesh@bidm.com> wrote in article
<UiweH28K$GA.222@forums.sybase.com>...
> Hi
>
> I am using Client access with PowerBuilder 6.5 .
> The problem is as in some reports i have 3 or 4 datawindows all are
details of a
> master record except the first one. the detail datawindows are retireved
after
> the master is retrieved. the link between these tables are a decimal 7,0
field
> on certain times i am getting the SQL error , Error Code SQL0302 -
conversion
> error on host variable or parameter *N.

0
Eric

Why does a simple select query in Microsoft Access return the error [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has
I have applied the information from support document 10447954 but that does not solve the problem. I am running a simple select query with one criteria from one table. Thanks. ...

Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed
I have applied the information contained in support document 10447954. That did not resolve the problem. I am running a simple query with one criteria and one table Thanks. Hi Bill, The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so you might have a completely different problem. The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or prior since the message indicates CtLib info. You might want to post more details involved with getting to this error. You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver, including Open ...

New errors access MS SQL Server Database on (CREATE DATABASE and Batch SQL Statement)
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C2F2CB.0C201FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running ActiveState perl 5.8.0 on a WIN2K box with MS SQL Server = 2000. Recently I updated DBD-ODBC to v1.05 and DBI to v1.35 Now I get the following errors executing some sql commands CREATE SQLSTMT:[CREATE DATABASE POMS_SER ON (NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_DAT', = FILENAME =3D 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_SER_Data.MDF', SIZE =3D 10MB) LOG ON = ( NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_LOG', FILENAME =3D = 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_S...

Database error code : 999 SQL Native Client Object was Open
I am getting following error Database error has occurred. Database error code : 999 Database error message: Select Error: Mircosoft SQL Native Client Object was Open. thanks This generally occurs when a sql statement is started before a previous sql statement has finished. On a single sqlca transaction object, you may only run one sql statement at a time. To do more than one, you need multiple transaction object to be connected. <sandeep> wrote in message news:4946826d.3787.1681692777@sybase.com... >I am getting following error > > Database error has ...

Error 7405 accessing SQL Server database by database link
I'm persistently getting the above error when executing a stored procedure that uses a dabase link to another SQL Server database. I can run the procedure in MS SQL Server management studio fine. I'm setting ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS ON before creating the procedure. Procedure code: SET ANSI_NULLS ON SET ANSI_WARNINGS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[SSP_WAR_RPT_MANUAL_RECLAIM] @adt_sbi_from datetime, @adt_sbi_to datetime, @as_vendor varchar(15) output, @as_campaigns Char(1) AS BEGIN SET ANSI_NULLS O...

Error ODBC 999
I have crerated a datawindow based on a DB2/4000 database. I have no problem accessing/retrieving/updating data when runnning application under PB dev. environment. When I generate an .exe application, I have the following message : "Select error: An error occured, yet no message was returned by the database driver". In the odbc log file i have the following error : "Error 999 (rc -1) : An error occured..." Did you experienced such a problem ? Thanks for your help. ...

Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Syntax error or access violation
EAS 3.61 C2 with PB 7.03 components, datawindows and nvo's. Powerdynamo 3.5.2. ODBC connection cache that works. This is an application port from a NT 4.0 server to a Window 2000 Server. The whole application works fine, through CORBA and 7 NVO's with at least 20 other datawindows that I have tested. The ONLY offending datawindow causing 'Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Syntax error or access violation ' is called from a browser **************************************************************************** ********* dwB...

I'm getting java.sql.SQLException and Database not found error while connecting SQL Anyware using ODBC driver.
Hi Friends, I'm getting java.sql.SQLException and Database not found error while connecting SQL Anyware using ODBC driver. I've specified following points while creating the DSN DSN name=xyz Server name=abc User name=pqr password=**** And I'm trying to access this database by writing a JAVA program. I created URL like this jdbc:odbc:xyz Now it is throwing above error can anyone please suggest me how to get rid of this problem, any thing more has to be done, please specify Thanks in advance, hamsa ...

cannot access powerbuilder configure odbc or databases
After installing powerbuilder 5.0 on NT4 sp3 .... and then go into powerbuilder and click on configure odbc and get the infinite hourglass Could anyone tell me what the problem could be ? I've tried to uninstall (which has never been successful and i end up deleting the directories and do a regclean) and re-installing it. And i still get the same results. Dist, Can you get to the ODBC setup through the control panel? Also, try reinstalling (no need to uninstall) PB and verifying that you install all required ODBC drivers. You may also have to go to the "Native Driv...

Error when attempting to access SQL Database
     Hello,   I am receiving a "Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. " error on click of Button1. I feel like I botched this pretty bad...  <%@ Page Title="" Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" %> <%@ Import Namespace = "System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace = "System.Data.SqlClient" %> <script runat="server">Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) ...

Access Database Error Code 999
When trying to perform a SELECT statement on an Access database using PB6.5 through ODBC, I get an error code 999, "Program type out of range." Has anyone ever encountered this and what can I do about it? This may be a question for Microsoft, but maybe someone can help me here as I may have an incorrect ODBC driver file installed. Marc Reitzell Advanced Programming Institute I got the same error with MS SQL Server v7.0. Sybase sent me new PB ODBC driver that corrected the problem - I'm not sure if it's available publicly. I've encountered other problems wi...

ODBC Error using Access Database
Hi, I am suddenly receiving an ODBC Error - "S1003 Program Type out of Range" When I try to open any tables in the database painter. I am sure thos was working recently. Has anybody got any ideas what could be going wrong? By the way, I can connect to the database and even add tables. I just can't retrieve data from them. Thanks in advance, Mark You must have updated your system, have you? Generally, when updating to MS Office 2000 or Win98SE causes this because the ODBC driver gets updated to ver 4.0. You shall have to update PB to 6.5.1 or higher. Brgds...

ODBC error (Database error)
Hi, We are working with PB 5.04 on Windows 95. When we use ODBC connectivity with Sybase SQL Anywhere databases we have problems with datetime (timestamp in SQLAnywhere) fields. The error that PB reports is : Database Error. SQLSTATE = 07006 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]: cannot convert 1990-07-14 00:00:00. -10742 to a date/time I have installed Windows95 (spanish version), Office97(spanish version), Internet Explorer 4.01 (spanish version), Microsoft Outlook 98 (spanish version), PB 4 and PB 5.04. I have another PC with Windows 95 (spanish version), Office97(spanish version), Inter...

Error: Database Access Error
I'm running GW 7.0.3 on various servers (windows, linux & OES). I am having trouble running any system maintenance on the post offices on SUSE Linux 10sp2 from my ConsoleOne 1.3.6f running on WindowsXP. When I even try to do a "Validate", I get "Error: Database Access Error". I run my domains on OES Linux and don't have any problems running maintenance on them, just the post offices on SUSE. I tried to set up Samba shares to the post offices and can map drives to the post office directories, but still get the error. I can't find any info ...

Web resources about - SQL 0302 Error Code with Client Access ODBC - sybase.powerbuilder.database

MUD client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A MUD client is a computer application used to connect to a MUD , a type of multiplayer online game . Generally, a MUD client is a very basic ...

3Q Digital Offers Peek At 3Q Facebook Ad Performance By Its Largest Clients
With Facebook set to report its third-quarter earnings Wednesday , digital marketing agency 3Q Digital offered some insight on how the social ...

Gallop Labs hires former Facebook Client Partner as Director of Sales
Gallop Labs , a social marketing and analytics firm, announced that it has hired former Facebook Client Partner Andrew Peebles as the company’s ...

Perth domestic violence clinic: Clients praise new affordable legal service
As Perth professionals queue to volunteer at a new legal clinic exclusively for domestic violence victims, the mother of one such victim has ...

'They're robbers': Debt management firms leaving clients worse off
Debt vultures promise to sort out your money problems, but sometimes, they can make matters worse.

Separating real clients from the rest
Six tips to avoid pretend clients and other time wasters.

Can Saying You’re Sorry Help With Client Relations?
An apology for a mistake may favorably impact the outcome of any grievance or malpractice claim, as well as your reputation going forward.

NowThis Partners With MEC to Make Branded Video for Agency Clients
... across social platforms such as Snapchat and Facebook, has struck a deal for in-house ad unit NowThis Studios to create content for MEC's clients. ...

Rich clients don't want 'another Indian planner', Westpac planner told
Westpac is facing a million-dollar race discrimination lawsuit from a senior financial planner who alleges the bank revoked its decision to give ...

Airmail is a powerful email client that jumped from Mac to iPhone
Airmail - Your Mail With You Spark - Like your email again Airmail is a powerful email client that jumped from Mac to iPhone is a story by ...