Select error: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error

Hi all,

we are using PB7.0.3 Build 10135 with a JDBC Connection to MSSQL2k server.
JDBC-driver: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC  Version 2.2 Patch 1.
used JDK is 1.2.2
The problem is the same if PB-application is running stand alone or as
Component in EAServer.

Problem:
Whe retieving data everything is working fine unless there is an
Euro-character in the data. Then we receive the following Message:
"Select error: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error"

Any ideas?

Andreas

What is the character set being used in JDBC and MSS? From what I have
found, both must use a EURO compliant character set.

/ck

"Andreas Gr�ger" <andreas.groeger@thanos.at> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> we are using PB7.0.3 Build 10135 with a JDBC Connection to MSSQL2k server.
> JDBC-driver: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC  Version 2.2 Patch
1.
> used JDK is 1.2.2
> The problem is the same if PB-application is running stand alone or as
> Component in EAServer.
>
> Problem:
> Whe retieving data everything is working fine unless there is an
> Euro-character in the data. Then we receive the following Message:
> "Select error: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error"
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

0
Chris
3/29/2002 4:39:49 AM
MSSQL is using Latin1_General that is, if i could believe the documentation,
iso8859-1 which is including codepage 1552 which includes the EURO-character
The documentation of the MS JDBC driver tells me that it uses the character
set of the Client which is the same like the MSSQL-Server.
If i use ODBC without a translator everything is OK.

"Chris Keating" <keating@iAnywhereSolutions.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> What is the character set being used in JDBC and MSS? From what I have
> found, both must use a EURO compliant character set.
>
> /ck
>
> "Andreas Gr�ger" <andreas.groeger@thanos.at> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > we are using PB7.0.3 Build 10135 with a JDBC Connection to MSSQL2k
server.
> > JDBC-driver: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC  Version 2.2
Patch
> 1.
> > used JDK is 1.2.2
> > The problem is the same if PB-application is running stand alone or as
> > Component in EAServer.
> >
> > Problem:
> > Whe retieving data everything is working fine unless there is an
> > Euro-character in the data. Then we receive the following Message:
> > "Select error: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error"
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks

0
Andreas

Internal Error
I'm getting a PowerBuilder Runtime Error which says, ' Internal RunTime Engine Failure Contact PowerSoft Tech SUpport (NOOP)'. The error no. is R0011. I get this error when I try to call a function of an nvo from a window function. And the most strange thing is that this is not really a new code, this same code used to work before. I guess this problem started happening after regenerating the application. I'm not sure if the given info wil be helpful, but if u need a full info and feel that u could help then please do send me an e- mail. Thanks a lot , Swai Chand...

Error 999 (rc -1) : Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error
My fairly complex SQL is working correctly in any JDBC front-end tools. But when using with PB 9.01, it gave me the above error. The database involved is Firebird, and the connection is JDBC. This connection seems to work in all cases except for the above SQLs. I wonder what "internal" PB is talking about so that I can have some clue in fixing my SQL. Thanks, Ben http://vmdd.tech.mylinuxisp.com/catalog/ It's probably not your SQL specifically, but rather some JDBC API call that returned a failure message that PowerBuilder doesn't know how to handle. Me...

Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error
I'am having a problem using a JDBC connection cache on my local EAS to a ASE DB: I receive following error message : 'Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error'. The settings of the connection cache are as followed: Classname:com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver Pinging this conn. cache succeeds The environment is as followed: EAS : Jaguar CTS - Component Transaction Server/Version 4.1.2 (Build 41210)/P/PC Intel/Windows NT 4.0/OPT/Jul 16 2002 17:03:54 - JDK 1.3 PB : 8.0.3 Build 9704 When I deploy to and run from an other EAS (using the same settings for the connection cache), I d...

Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error #2
Hi, I receive the follow error message when I try to use one connection cache: Error connecting to the database: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error In my component source I use the follow SQLCA.dbms = 'JDBC' SQLCA.dbParm = "UseContextObject=Yes,CacheName='eSigest'" connect using SQLCA; if SQLCA.sqlCode <> 0 then return "Error connecting to the database: " + SQLCA.sqlErrText end if And the connection cache has the following configuration: server name : jdbc:sybase:Tds:10.1.1.2:5000/sigest_adm user name: ...

select error: decimal conversion error powerbuilder only supports 18
After having migrated powerbuilder 5 to powerbuilder 10.5: A retrieve (that was OK with powerbuilder 5) fails and returns this error message: "select error decimal conversion error powerbuilder only supports 18". Has someone any idea ? Thanks, Leonardo leonardo.rosselli@eng.it wrote: > After having migrated powerbuilder 5 to powerbuilder 10.5: > > A retrieve (that was OK with powerbuilder 5) fails and returns this > error message: > "select error decimal conversion error powerbuilder only supports 18". > > Has someone any ...

error error error

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

Select error: Decimal conversion error. PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digits.
--------------BAF4191ECA9443C722ED4CAD Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit With any table with a NUMBER column comes the following message: Select error: Decimal conversion error. PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digits. DB: IBM OS 390 with Oracle 8.0.4.3.1 PB: 7.0 Build DB Profile: SQLCA.DBMS = "O84 ORACLE 8.0.4" SQLCA.LogPass = <*******> SQLCA.ServerName = pppfs31 SQLCA.LogId = system SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "" Please help ! Thanks. Rico Obrist --------------BAF4191EC...

"Select Error : Decimal conversion error PowerBuilder only supports 18"
After having migrated my project from powerbuilder 5 to powerbuilder 10.5: A retirieve (that was OK with powerbuilder 5) now fails and give me this error message: "Select Error : Decimal conversion error PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digit"". Has anyone an idea ? Thanks, Leonardo I would recreate the datawindow from scratch and turn the trace on and compare what is being sent to the database. Also compare the source code for the new & old datawindow > After having migrated my project from powerbuilder 5 to > powerbuilder 10.5: > A...

Select error: Decimal conversion error. PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digits.
Hi, when I run a crosstabular report, I get the following error: Select error: Decimal conversion error. PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digits. I am not using any NUMBER columns that have more than 19 digits. I am however using the TIMESTAMP Oracle datatype. Sometimes, I don't get the error but PB crashes instead. I have PB 10.2.1 Build 9004. I also have over 350 datawindows in my project. Does that have anything to do with it? Thanks, Joelle >Sorry I meant more than 18 Hi, > when I run a crosstabular report, I get the following > error: Select err...

Why Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error occurs when connecting to ASE DB
Hi I created a connection cache for ASE 12.5 database with the following properties in connection cache tabs. I am able to ping the database succssfully. Server name = jdbc:sybase:Tds:client50:6500/iob Driver = com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver In the PB component, I used the following syntax to connect the database. SQLCA.DBMS = "JDB" SQLCA.DBParm = "CacheName='Test'" but the following error thrown in the srv.log SQLDBCODE: 999 SQLERRTEXT: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error What could be reason for the above error? T...

General error: internal database error
I've got this error message while trying to create index: "General error: internal database error. Transaction rolled back." What could cause that error? What can be done in this situation? Thanks Ricardas This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------8FAF9B581B4945BDB0446FD5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Please boot the engine by hand by going to the command prompt and doing: dbeng50.exe <path to dbfile> What error message occurs on the SQL Anywhere console? Dave Wolf Sybase Profes...

Internal Powerbuilder Error (NOOP)
A recurring problem ... We are using PB6.5 Build 444, with PFC. Problem is when I have to change an object in the middle of our object heirarchy, then I rebuild, I get the application error "Internal Powerbuilder Error (NOOP)." This has happened several times. To this point we have gotten around it by jiggling around our code fixes in different ways until the error doesn't occur. I'm sure its not a compile error, but sometimes, writing the code a different way, it doesn't occur. I suspect this is a problem with 444, but my manager doesn't want to upgrade....

Web resources about - Select error: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles