Run SYSTEM stored procedures from PowerBuilder

I need to run SYSTEM stored procedures, such as sp_addlogin , sp_password,
etc.
within powerbuilder.  Does anybody know how to do it?
I am using Sybase DBMS and Powerbuilder 7.0.

I tried the following:

DECLARE sp_addlogin PROCEDURE FOR sp_addlogin
    @loginame = :as_username ,
    @passwd = :as_password ,
    @defdb = 'master' ,
    @deflanguage = 'us_english' ,
    @fullname = :as_fullname
    USING sqlca;

EXECUTE sp_addlogin ;

It gave me an error:
sqlcode = -1
sqldbcode = 17260
sqlerrtext = "can't run sp_addlogin from within a transaction"

Please help.
Thanks
Randy Berghefer

0
rberghef

Set SQLCA.AutoCommit to TRUE

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:50:07 -0600, "rberghef" <rberghef@iastate.edu>
wrote:

>I need to run SYSTEM stored procedures, such as sp_addlogin , sp_password,
>etc.
>within powerbuilder.  Does anybody know how to do it?
>I am using Sybase DBMS and Powerbuilder 7.0.
>
>I tried the following:
>
>DECLARE sp_addlogin PROCEDURE FOR sp_addlogin
>    @loginame = :as_username ,
>    @passwd = :as_password ,
>    @defdb = 'master' ,
>    @deflanguage = 'us_english' ,
>    @fullname = :as_fullname
>    USING sqlca;
>
>EXECUTE sp_addlogin ;
>
>It gave me an error:
>sqlcode = -1
>sqldbcode = 17260
>sqlerrtext = "can't run sp_addlogin from within a transaction"
>
>Please help.
>Thanks
>Randy Berghefer

0
joneil

Running Stored procedures from PowerBuilder
powerBuilder 9 and Sybase 9.0.2.3534 When we execute a stored procedure from a data window PowerBuilder is using Exec instead of Call which is causing an error during runtime. I know both Exec and Call can be used in SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534, however Exec needs to execute without parenthesis and Call with Parenthesis to be successful. Is there a setting or something in Powerbuilder to ensure the execute statements are being built correctly? Thanks You may need to repost to the Powerbuilder newsgroups to get at the accurate specifics of how to fix this ... but .... I suspect th...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

problem while running a stored procedure from powerbuilder
Hi, When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did not have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111? Can anyone tell me the reason for this error and how should I resolve the same? Thanks, Nataraj PS: Sybase version is 12.5 and PowerBuilder version is 8.0.3 > Hi, > > When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I > get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did > not have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111? Type 111 is pro...

Error trying to run a stored procedure from within powerbuilder
I am trying to run a stored procedure from within powerbuilder. I am getting the following error: SQLSTATE = S1000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with results for another hstmt Powerbuilder 7.0.3 Build 10047 MSSQL 7.0 ODBC connection THanks for any help....this is a major problem. This error means that the transaction object your are using for the sp call is currently in the middle of processing something else and hasn't concluded it's conversation with the database. For example, if you have a cursor open and for each row in the cursor...

DB2 V4 STORED STORED PROCEDURE AND POWERBUILDER
I have finally been able to call a stored procedure written in cobol from powerbuilder 6. But I still got some problem . The call will work only if I initialize the output parameter to space (80) because the output parameter of the stored procedure is char(80) . Here is a sample that works. string ls_literal_OUTMSGF string ls_literal_RQT Ls_literal_RQT = 'I' ls_literal_OUTMSGF = space(80) SQLCA.TESTPROC (ls_literal_RQT, ls_literal_OUTMSGF ) If I initialize the output variable like the following statements. It bombs.(communication error) setnull ( ls_literal_OUTMSGF...

Stored procedure from PowerBuilder...
Cheers all! I'm developing a small aplication using SQL Anywhere. I have a huge stored procedure with a lot of INSERT statements. How can I check from PowerBuilder if they all succeeded? I assume that DECLARE statement must have an information of the return parameter , but I don't know how to handle it. Anyone knows the answer? Please don't cross post your questions. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please only post to the newsgroup TechWave 2000 July 30 - August 3 /2000 http://www.sybase.com/techwave2000 Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/m...

Stored procedure in powerbuilder
hi there could anyone help me on how to define a transaction userobject to hold all my SP on sybase system12 to be controled and managed in easy way thanks in advance Barents/KPMG Waleed Seada Create a new object inherited from a standard transaction object. You can define local external RPC functions on this object and use the stored procedures there. Use this object instead of the standard transaction object for SQLCA. Then, you can call your stored procedures like: SQLCA.proc_stored_procedure (ll_argument1, ll_argument2, ...) HTH "Waleed Seada" <w...

Stored procedure in powerbuilder
hi there could anyone help me on how to define a transaction userobject to hold all my SP on sybase system12 to be controled and managed in easy way thanks in advance Barents/KPMG Waleed Seada Create a new object inherited from a standard transaction object. You can define local external RPC functions on this object and use the stored procedures there. Use this object instead of the standard transaction object for SQLCA. Then, you can call your stored procedures like: SQLCA.proc_stored_procedure (ll_argument1, ll_argument2, ...) HTH "Waleed Seada" <w...

Stored procedure in powerbuilder
I'm having trouble using a stored procedure in Powerbuilder. I'm trying to create a datawindow based on the stored procedure sa_conn_info, but when I select the stored procedure initially in the design of the DW the database-server crashes. Any ideas? -- I'm using Powerbuilder 5.0.02 32bit Database: Sql Anywhere 5.5 OS: Windows 95 Jan Erik Hermansen Norway -- ------ I'm using Powerbuilder 5.0.02 32bit Database: Sql Anywhere 5.5 OS: Windows 95 Jan Erik Hermansen Norway Jan Erik Hermansen wrote: > I'm having trouble using a stored proc...

Running a stored procedure within a stored procedure
I have a stored procedure (A), which I need to call from another stored procedure (B). The data pulled from (B) is then inserted into a temporary table. The problem I am having is the stored procedure is in a loop, and it only runs once. I need it to run each time the statement loops. For example: In the cursor I have, there are 3 rows, so the statement should return 3 rows. However, only 1 row is returned, it looks like the stored procedure is only one once. What do I have to do to get it to loop?? DECLARE dCURSOR CURSOR FOR select ID, value1, value2 from table; OPEN dCU...

Running stored procedure within a stored procedure
I have a custom built users table for storing some values and I am also utilizing the aspnet_Users table. I want to delete a user from my users tables then execute the aspnet_Users_DeleteUser sproc and pass into the stored procedure the username of the user to delete because the DeleteUser method requires this. When I execute the command from within my asp.net web application I get the exception below. Both values are being obtained from the asp.net application and are represented in my DAL that is also below. Any thoughts as to why I am receiving this exception? Thanks. Procedure or functi...

ORACLE Stored Procedures in PowerBuilder
I am trying to pass a dynamic procedure name and dynamic number of arguments to a DECLARE and EXECUTE (procedurename) statement within Powerbuilder 6.5. The name and number of arguments are stored on a table and they are syntactically extracted into variables. Any suggestions? ...

Web resources about - Run SYSTEM stored procedures from PowerBuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles