From: Adebolade@mtnnigeria.net [mailto:Adebolade@mtnnigeria.net]
Subject: Database Character Columns Longer than 255 Characters

Hi,
I use Powerbuilder 6.5 with SQL Server 2000 and I currently experience
problem getting values from character fields longer than 255.
How do I work around this limitation.

Kind Regards

Adebola Adewusi
Systems Support Analyst
Finance Department
+2348032002769

0
Sanjiv

Cannot update database if string field has more than 255 characters
HiI'm using a Gridview to change text content i a database. My problem is that if a field (Event)  in the row to be updated contains more than 255 characters I'm getting the following error:ERROR [HY104] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Invalid precision value Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY104] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Invalid ...

Text-field into access-database : 255 character limit :(
Hello ... I'm making an interacitve page for our sportsclub... It is kind of a newspage were authaurized users can put an article on. Everything works fine.. Except : Access doesn't allow more then 255 characters in one text field... So I thought of the following : Maybe I let them create the parts ... But how do I specify in the form that you get a warning sign when you exceed the 255 character limit... And otherwise ... you can put in Ole-objects... But how does this work together with my webform ? I have to put the result in a file then ... I know .. But...

Replication of consolidated database to remote database; for columns added to a table in the consolidated database.
I want to find out if I add columns to a data table in the consolidated database and then extract it for a remote database. Will the added columns appear in the remote database automatically? or do I have to deploy the extracted remote database by copying it to the remote machine. Currently the consolidated database and the remote database get replicated nightly and they have connections already established. Due to established connections, will the extracted database automatically get deployed to the remote machine with the updated table? Try it, that is the best way to check ...

Retrieve 'x' number of characters from a database column
Is there any way to retrieve partial contents of a database column? For example, say a column holds 5,000 characters, but I only wish to retrieve the first 50. Thanks SELECT LEFT(colName, 50)  AS colNameFirst50 FROM yourTableLimno Thanks! Marked as answer.......

Database and International Characters
Hello there,=20 I need to add customers names that contain international characters into a = database table (=F1,=E7, =E8, =E0 things of that sort) I currently first se= arch the=20 names table to see if the record that I'm trying to add is already there... Exp.: select cust=5Fid from cust=5Fnames where name =3D #new=5Fname# new=5Fname can contains names with or without the international character, = everything is fine for names without these characters, but I get a database= =20 error on every name that contains one of them... my question is, has=20 anybody encountere...

Database Character Encoding
Hello group, I have a problem with the database charset when deploying my application using appeon. Appeon version is 3.1, I use EAServer 5.2 both as an application server and as a web server. I create a jdbc connection cache to ASE database which has cp850 character encoding. Problem is, that the data in the ASE is greek, and so is all the menus in the application. Application was developed using PowerBuilder 10.2. When I deploy my application, all menus are displayed correctly (in greek), but all data are in unreadable format. Any suggestions would be highly useful. R...

Database escape characters
Hi there, I'm using PB 7.0.3 with SSA 5.5, ASA 8.0.2, and ASA 9. Recently a stored procedure was modified to look for a carriage return, line feed in a string. E.g.: set li_pos = locate(ls_amb_desc, '\x0d\x0a'); We are now encountering problems with some client databases. Does anyone know of a way to retrieve the escape character from the database, or a way to go about doing this without escape characters? TIA JR your question is not clear. provide more info. where do you want to retrieve escape characters? what problems are you encountering problems with ...

Database and International Characters
Hello there,=20 I need to add customers names that contain international characters into a = Sybase database (=F1,=E7, =E8, =E0 things of that sort) I currently first = search=20 the names table to see if the record that I'm trying to add is already=20 there... Exp.: select cust=5Fid from cust=5Fnames where name =3D #new=5Fname# new=5Fname can contains names with or without the international character, = everything is fine for names without these characters, but I get a database= =20 error on every name that contains one of them... my question is, has=20 anybody enco...

Database default character
I am using Interbase 2009. How to change the entire database character set (with IBConsole if possible)? EKPINI Arsene Mamert wrote: > I am using Interbase 2009. > How to change the entire database character set (with IBConsole if > possible)? You have to create a new database with the character set you want and then pump the data from the old database to the new database. Am 30.09.2010 22:39, EKPINI Arsene Mamert wrote: > I am using Interbase 2009. > How to change the entire database character set (with IBConsole if > possible)? We did it using IBExpert:...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

How do I? Re-load a split database into a single database?
ASE12.0 - How do I re-load an extended database into one larger structure? i.e. I had a "Data" and a "Log" - the database was added to by creating "Data1" and "Data2" and "Log1" - no problem, backup is fine; as is a re-load into a structure of the same configuration. If I create a single database the size of "Data" + "Data1" + "Data2" and "Log" + "Log1" and re-load the dumpfile, I get the data and log mixed - data and log in "Data" and bits of data in "Log". How can I ...

Storing Extended Characters in Database
We're using a PB 5.03 application to enter data that is later used to print manuals that we distribute to customers. In one of the manuals, we make reference to an item that requires a trademark symbol (�) to be placed beside it. We enter it into the field in PB using ALT-0174... it displays properly at the registered trademark symbol, but when we save it to the database (Oracle 7.3.3.4), it is saved as ASCII 63, which happens to be a question mark (?). Do you know of any way that I can get PB to save the extended character to the database ? Any help would be very much apprecia...

how to access other database in this database ?

RE: searching for a string of characters after another string of characters
Reading the entire file into an array is rarely a good idea, but if you insist on doing it, then you have to realize that each element of the array is going to be exactly one line of the file. So, "hostname XXXXX\n" is going to be one element unless you explicitly extract using a split or regex. -----Original Message----- From: Grossner, Tim X. (AIT) [mailto:tg1761@sbc.com] Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 3:28 PM To: Mooney Christophe-CMOONEY1 Subject: RE: searching for a string of characters after another string of characters No, I have already extracted the line, an...

Web resources about - Re: Database Character Columns Longer than 255 Characters - sybase.powerbuilder.database

List of Killzone characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cpl. Dante Garza is a loyal, optimistic and likable character- an effective team player. A close companion of Sev, the pair have served together ...

Borat outs Donald Trump as a Sacha Baron Cohen character on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
When is a parody a parody too far?&#160;When it's Donald Trump, of course.&#160;

New ‘Star Wars’ teaser: Rey is the strong female character we were looking for
With less than two weeks to go until the movie everyone is waiting for will hit theaters, more information about the new story and characters ...

7 Characters You'll Meet in a Zumba Class
I could probably write a whole book about the different characters in a Zumba class, but I'll just start with this post. As most of my close ...

This AI can draw alphabet characters as well as a human
... we use for imagination, explanation, and acting. But now, a team of researchers has developed an AI that they say can learn handwritten characters ...

The Top 10 Worst Characters On TV, According To Fans
With so much great television on at the moment, you have to have some really captivating characters to differentiate yourself from the plethora ...

Uncharted 4 director responds to character racial swap
"I stand by that 110 percent and I wouldn't change anything."

A HUGE Announcement Was Just Made About A Major ‘Star Wars’ Character
A HUGE Announcement Was Just Made About A Major ‘Star Wars’ Character

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution announced, the first new character is Street Fighter's Akuma
... at The King of Iron Fist Tournament 2015’s grand finals. Fated Retribution will be released first in arcades, and will include new characters, ...

Bizarre Ancient Horned Mammal Named After A Star Wars Character
Paleontologists name a new species of extinct horned mammal after a Star Wars character known for her interesting headwear.