Problems with Powerbuilde 8.0.2 and Oracle 8.0.5 Client

Hello all.

I have been problems to set up my Power Builder (8.0.2 Build 9506)=20
application to run against Oracle, Client 8.0.5. The fields that was=20
created like DATE in INFORMIX database, doesn=B4t run correctly over Oracle=
,=20
that use only DATETIME data type (native).

In datawindow the field is DATE data type, and on Oracle table, this field =

is DATETIME. When PB select this field I receive a wrong date. For example,=
=20
I save this date (using the same datawindow), "2002-12-05", then when I=20
Retrieve the data, the data looks like this "48/51/1398".

I already changed in the Registry the key "NLS=5FDATE=5FFORMAT" to "dd/mm/y=
yyy=20
hh24:mi:ss" (brazilian format), but this dind=B4t solve the problem.

I don=B4t want to rebuild my datawindows to run in Oracle.

Does anybody can help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Alessandro Hass
0
Alessandro_Hass

Alessandro ;

1)    First of all get off PB 8.0.2 ASAP. It has many problem areas! Either
rollback to 8.0.1 or upgrade to 8.0.3. I have found that both of those
release work very well.
2)    You will have to rebuild all the DW's that currently map to DATE and
change them to DATETIME. Unfortunately, Oracle does not support a Date only
data type. To make the work easier, edit the DW from it's source format and
change the column data type from there.

    Oh the joy of changing DB vendors!

Regards ... Chris
Great White North Technical Evangelist

<Alessandro_Hass> wrote in message
Hello all.

I have been problems to set up my Power Builder (8.0.2 Build 9506)
application to run against Oracle, Client 8.0.5. The fields that was
created like DATE in INFORMIX database, doesn�t run correctly over Oracle,
that use only DATETIME data type (native).

In datawindow the field is DATE data type, and on Oracle table, this field
is DATETIME. When PB select this field I receive a wrong date. For example,
I save this date (using the same datawindow), "2002-12-05", then when I
Retrieve the data, the data looks like this "48/51/1398".

I already changed in the Registry the key "NLS_DATE_FORMAT" to "dd/mm/yyyy
hh24:mi:ss" (brazilian format), but this dind�t solve the problem.

I don�t want to rebuild my datawindows to run in Oracle.

Does anybody can help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Alessandro Hass

0
Chris
12/10/2002 12:52:55 PM
Ok Chris.

But in PB 6.5, we developed our products over INFORMIX database, creating
the columns of DataWindows like "DATE".

The only modification we have to do, is set up the key "NLS_DATE_FORMAT" on
Windows registry, and automaticaly the datawindow run perfectly over ORACLE
database.
If this key was not set, this problem occurs in PB 6.5 too.

We use the same source code of our products to run over Oracle or Informix.

Any other idea to help me ?

Alessandro Hass

0
Alessandro_Hass
12/10/2002 1:58:16 PM
Alessandro;

    Works for PB 6.5 if the DW Display/Edit style is [Date] (ie registry).
However in the 32bit world .... and the new Oracle drivers, you have to
match the correct data type!

regards ... Chris

> Ok Chris.
>
> But in PB 6.5, we developed our products over INFORMIX database, creating
> the columns of DataWindows like "DATE".
>
> The only modification we have to do, is set up the key "NLS_DATE_FORMAT"
on
> Windows registry, and automaticaly the datawindow run perfectly over
ORACLE
> database.
> If this key was not set, this problem occurs in PB 6.5 too.
>
> We use the same source code of our products to run over Oracle or
Informix.

> Any other idea to help me ?
>
> Alessandro Hass

0
Chris
12/10/2002 4:01:31 PM
Hello Chris.

I solved my problem Chris.

I just set the DBParm, "StaticBind=0", and all programs are working
correctly now. Is not necessary to change all the datawindows fields, from
DATE to DATETIME, to run over Oracle database.

Thanks for your help.

Alessandro Hass
0
Alessandro_Hass
12/12/2002 4:56:13 PM
Alessandro;

    You have circumvented the real problem. But, good luck!

regards ... Chris

> Hello Chris.
>
> I solved my problem Chris.
>
> I just set the DBParm, "StaticBind=0", and all programs are working
> correctly now. Is not necessary to change all the datawindows fields, from
> DATE to DATETIME, to run over Oracle database.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Alessandro Hass

0
Chris