Problems with PB 6.5.1 and MS SQL Server 7.0

I just started working with MSSS 7.0 and immediately ran into problems. I am
not comfortable with the work-arounds, so if anyone can give me a better way
to solve these problems, I am listening.

1) I get an ODBC 22008 error from my imbedded sql. The pbtrace.log shows
datetime values with a 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss.ffffff' format. MS SQL Server
can only handle three decimals. So, I changed the PBDateTime setting in the
pbodb60.ini file to 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss.fff'. Problem circumvented.

2) I get an ODBC 37000 error from my imbedded sql. The pbtrace.log shows
datatime bind columns without values. So, I added 'disablebind=1' to the
dbparm. Problem circumvented.

Later,
BEDick

0
Brian
12/10/1999 9:06:32 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.database 9855 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Datetime problem w/ PB 6.5.1 and MS SQL Server 7.0
I am trying to convert a PB 6.5.1 Application to a MS SQL Server 7.0 DB using ODBC. I am getting an error message when trying to insert any datetime fields into the DB. The error is: Error Code: 241,0 Error Description SQLSTATE = 22008 "Syntax error converting datetime from character string" The value in the datetime field that appears to be passed from the DW is... {ts '2001-05-18 00:00:00.000000'} Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Derek Based on the value, it appears to be a timestamp rather than a datetime. Try running a trac...

PB 7.0.1
Hi, I just found a solution for correcting the memory leak in 7.0.1, when connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5. May be this is already fixed in the latest releases. I just want to share this in case it's useful to any of you guys. When you connect to the MS SQL Server 6.5 database, be sure to have atleast something in your DBParm attribute of the DBProfile (or SQLCA transaction object at runtime). For example (SQLCA.DBParm = "AppName='IRIS',Host='ZNF9'"). In development time in the DBProfile dialog under "Network" tabpage Enter something i...

Problems with PB 6.5 an MS SQL server 7.0
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------0750141F83AAE38789D43ED0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I use PB 6.5 Eterprise, build 444 and MS SQL Server 7.0 First after installing new *.dll's from EBF 620, i could connect to the database. But I have som problem getting data from the database. From my code: is_navn = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_navn.Text)) + "%", 34) is_fornavn = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_fornavn.Text)) + "%", 34) is_adresse = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_adresse.Text)) + "%", 34) is_postnr = ...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

PB 7.0 App Having Login Problems with 6.5 MS SQL Servers
Hello all. I am at a total loss for this problem. Here is my configuration: I have two MS SQL Server's with version 6.5 installed. One server has SP 3 and the other SP 5. My PB app, which is in 7.0, is trying to connect to a seperate database on each server. On server # 1 (sp 3) is a central database and on server # 2 (sp 5) is a "local" database that would be at my remote branches. In my test, it is on my local backbone and I am have the same problem locally as when I come across the WAN. I am getting the following error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Dr...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

PB 6.5.1 and MS SQL server 7
I have a machine code compiled 6.5.1 application running against MS SQL Server 7, using native drivers (MS SQL server 6.x driver, as no 7 driver is available for PB 6.5). Network protocol used: TCP/IP. Platforms: NT 4.0, NT 2000. I have datawindows retrieving text fields. None of these text fields exceed the 8k limit imposed to retrieving text data with a SELECT statement. Most of them are less than 1K. Here is the problem: Sometimes the text fields are truncated. 99% of the time the result set is fine: I get complete text fields for every row. Now and then, I get truncat...

PowerBuilder 6.5.1; MS SQL Server 7.0; ODBC; Text Column
PowerBuilder 6.5.1 ODBC MS SQL Server 7.0 Text Column I can't seem to insert a String with a length of 66,000 char to a Text Column. I get a to big (999) error I've change this in the pbodb60.ini PBMaxTextSize='2147483647' and I've added DBTextLimit='100000' to my SQLCA.DBParm Any Ideas? Best Regards, Adri�n Galv�n Adrian, Do you have this problem if you use the UpdateBlob statement as well, or just with Insert ? Sanjiv. "Adrian Galvan" <Nospam_agalvan@audisys.com> wrote in message news:40896004$1@forums-1-d...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

Web resources about - Problems with PB 6.5.1 and MS SQL Server 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Surprise! Lawyers Are Problem Drinkers
Assuming there are 10 attorneys on your team, statistically, two to three of the attorneys are suffering from drinking problems, depression, ...

The Suns biggest problem? Their players aren't good enough
The Phoenix Suns scapegoated two of their assistant coaches for their struggles, but the bottom line is, they don't have enough talent to compete. ...

Valve explains: DDoS-induced caching problem led to Xmas Day Steam data leaks and downtime
PC gamers were dismayed on Christmas Day to find that Valve's popular (and arguably essential) Steam store had gone haywire before becoming entirely ...

Fullsize GM SUVs have a problem that's making owners sick
Filed under: Cadillac , Chevrolet , GM , GMC , Safety , SUV A buffeting and vibration problem for some owners of GM's fullsize SUVs can be bad ...

Trump drags Hillary’s ‘Bill Clinton problem’ out of the shadows - The Boston Globe Trump drags Hillary’s ...
... However, some Trump declarations do ring true. For example: just as Trump suggests, Hillary Clinton does have a Bill Clinton problem.

GOP Establishment Has No Problem with Hillary Win, Won’t Address the Clintons’ War on Women
Breitbart News' John Nolte had a perceptive piece this weekend on the GOP Establishment having no desire to beat Hillary Clinton or elect Donald ...

How Facebook engineers cleverly hacked their way around a time-wasting problem with Oculus
Facebook programmers had a problem. They were working on developing games and experiences for virtual reality, by way of Facebook's own Oculus ...

Ben Carson has a problem with Bill Clinton's history with women
GOP hopeful blames former President Clinton for coarsening American children

The Displacement Problem
A problem with gentrification-led involuntary displacement is that makes it being poor even more unaffordable by pricing people out of areas ...