Problems with MS Access Date Time

I am using PB 701 with a Microsoft Access Database.  Whenever I try to
update a data window with a date time column in it I get an syntax error
message on theupdate or insert statement.  It is trying to insert the
datetime in the form {ts 2001-12-02 }.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Edney Holder
eholder@vnet.net
0
eholder

In the pbodb70.ini file you specify the format that PB7 will use.
Check the [Access] section.  Mine is set to:
PBDateTime='NO_MSECS_DATETIME'

Now look further down in the file and find the section
; ********************************************************************
; Date Formats
; ********************************************************************
Here you find the definition for the NO_MSECS_DATETIME parameter (or
whatever yours is set to).
--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

<eholder@vnet.net> wrote in message
> I am using PB 701 with a Microsoft Access Database.  Whenever I try to
> update a data window with a date time column in it I get an syntax error
> message on theupdate or insert statement.  It is trying to insert the
> datetime in the form {ts 2001-12-02 }.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Edney Holder
> eholder@vnet.net

0
Terry

Problem with dates in MS Access database
Hello, I have application in PB7.0. This application is connected to MS Access 2000 Database: SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=css_td;UID=;PWD=',Date=' \''dd-mm-yyyy\'' ',DateTime=' \''dd-mm-yyyy hh:MM:ss\'' ',Time=' \''hh:MM:ss\'' '" Connection use MS Access Database Driver version 4.0.6200.00 In application, on each fields with dates, there are edit masks with format 'dd-mm-yyyy'. But there is very big problem with dates during save in...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

Retrieve Only Date from Date/Time in Ms Access
Hello,When retrieving data from an ACCESS database table, I want the generated ASP page to display only the date inputted by the user. It currently displays the date and then the time is always 12:00. Anyone have any suggestions as how I can have it display only the time, but leave the access format as Date/Time? Format the output - use {0:d} Something like:label1.text=String.Format("{0:d}",YourDate)David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multipl...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

How to remove the date part of a Date/Time value in MS Access
I am inserting a time value into a MS Access Date/Time field and notice that MS Access does not display the date portion of the value but when I look at the same data in my programming using a TADOTable component I am seeing the date of 12/30/1899 in conjunction with my time value. I read that Access is handling this within MS Access so that when a 0.sometime value is inserted it does not display the date. How do I handle this within my Delphi program so that I can display the time only in a Date/Time type field? Jeff Howard wrote: > I am inserting a time value into a MS Access Date/T...

DBI, MS Access, inserting/updating a Access Date/Time value
Hi, Does anyone have any idea what is up with Microsoft Access and its ridiculous Date/Time formatting options? It doesn't seem to matter what format I attempt to insert with. The directory and db file permissions are all Full Control. I'm using the "#" around the Date/Time format as required. The database has nothing as the Format in Design view on the General tab. The insert below has never worked once. On the up side if I run an insert that has no mention of the Date/Time field then it will just insert the record using the =Now() function as the default va...

Date and Time in MS Access
Hi! I write my third ASP.NET project. It's a customer survey. The data will be stored in an Access-database, which shall contain the client data and additional the Date/Time of the entry. Here is my INSERT-function:Function Survey_Insert(ByVal projektnummer As String, ...) As Integer    Dim connectionString As String = "Provi...Survey.mdb"    Dim dbConnection As System.Data.IDbConnection = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(connectionString)    Dim Zeit as New DateTime    Dim queryString As String = "INSERT INTO [Erge...

Ms Access Database Problem
 Hello Friendsi am using ms-acess database in my asp.net with c# application. It is working fine locally. but after upload published website to url. it has some problemMy application fetch data from database. but when i do insert or update opration to database its give error.is there any setting i have to do? or can any body give me solutionThanks in Advaace  You need to grant write access to the folder that the database in for the user account that IIS runs under when executing the asp code, typically IUSR_MACHINE.Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post if it helped you. ...

Update problem with MS Access database
I am using Formview for inserting and updating database.  I can insert data but I couldn't update.  Can somebody help? <asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="myDs"  DefaultMode="Edit" DataKeyNames="EventID"> <EditItemTemplate> <asp:labeL runat="server" ID="l1" CssClass="calLabel" Width="100px">Title:</asp:labeL> <asp:TextBox ID="Event" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Title") %>'></a...

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

Problem with Dates and Access 2000 database
I have a table with a date column (access 2000 database). I have tried to retrieve the information either on the db painter and on the dw painter and the column displays this ??/??/0000 If i try to save a new row i get this error: SQLSTATE =3d 3075 Microsoft JET Database Engine GUID formado incorrectamente. en la expresi=f3n de consulta '{d '1981-01-01' }'. No changes made to database. INSERT INTO Ejecutivos ( nombres, apellidos, ibm, fechaNacimiento, idprofesionmedia, universidad, universidadanio, idpostgrado, postgradouniversidad, postgradoanio, idestad...

Problem using MS Access as database
I encountered several problems when I use MS Access as my database:- (1) all decimals are missing when I use pipeline to update the tables, (2) datawindow is incorrectly responsed - e.g. I have modified only one field in my datawindow, PB generated a SQL statement that update all fields in the datawindow, causing relationship error (I have some integrity check built between tables). Would anyone tell me how to cater this ? I am using PB 7.0.3 and connect MS Access 97 database via the newest ODBC driver from Microsoft. Thanks a lot. Thanks a lot. Which subject? -- Simon C...

Problem with MS Access in Database Painter
Ok... having a problem and have no idea what the deal is. I've got an access database that I've connected to in development. Using PB 6.5 and access 97. Powerbuilder is connecting to the database fine. However, it is doubling the length of all access TEXT defined fields. As well... I'm not able to manipulate the table structure (i.e. change a datatype definition of a column) from the database painter. The database doesn't have any restrictions set on it as far as privledges etc. Do I have an outdated driver ?? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks ...

Problem in accessing access database
Hi  I am establishing connection with MS access. MS Access Database is placed in the same directory as the project.Connection string is " "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=testdb.mdb"   But I am getting the error  the file "testdb.mdb" not found   Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the connection string Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Try putting the DB in the APP_Data folder or changing 'testdb.mdb&#...

Web resources about - Problems with MS Access Date Time - sybase.powerbuilder.database

The age-old problem with the Clintons
The sleaze is endless. Can't the Dems find a better candidate? Like Biden or somebody?

VW faces problems to fix diesel emissions in the US
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Volkswagen , Emissions , Diesel Volkswagen and environmental regulators can't come to terms on a fix ...

Google Fiber blamed for worsening flooding problems in one Austin neighborhood
Internet users all across the United States are desperate for Google Fiber to make its way to their city, but one South Austin neighborhood is ...

China's Insolvable Problems; Watched Pot Thesis; Roll the Dice
China has not one insolvable problem, but many of them. Yuan and Capital Flight China needs to prop up the yuan to slow capital flight. China ...

There's a huge debate over an encryption expert's plan solve the problem of online privacy
... (@dionyziz) January 6, 2016 Chaum has said twice now that he knows people who can run servers that governments can't hack so its not a problem ...

W Magazine accidentally highlighted Hollywood’s diversity problems, right?
W Magazine has an annual feature to coincide with the big Oscar awards season. Many magazines do – like, Vanity Fair does their annual Hollywood ...

The real problem with China
China's problem isn't that it doesn't want to do the right thing. It's that it's a teenager when it comes to capitalism and it doesn't know how. ...

Melatonin Helps People Fall Asleep, But Has Potential Problems And Side Effects
... that regulates our sleep/wake cycles. It might seem like a mild and natural alternative to sleeping pills , but there are potential problems. ...

Trump: Cruz’s Birth Status ‘A Problem For Him’
'It's a concern I guess, for the party. But I hope that's not the case'