Problem using ODBC in Powerbuilder 6.5

I'm using Powerbuilder 6.5.

I have an application accessing an Access database thru ODBC.
When installing a new software on the server the ODBC  driver was
changed.
But Powerbuilder could not work after.
The new version of ODBC Jet Database is now 4.00.3513.00.
Could i find a fix for Powerbuilder to work with this new version of
ODBC driver ?

Remarks:
The change did append for all other ODBC drivers.

I fix it temporary by copying previous file odbcjt32.dll ( version
3.50.3602.00).

Thank you.

Sebastien RUNG
sgedp1@hellasnet.gr

0
sgedp1

Sorry, i founded already an article with this question

sgedp1 wrote:

> I'm using Powerbuilder 6.5.
>
> I have an application accessing an Access database thru ODBC.
> When installing a new software on the server the ODBC  driver was
> changed.
> But Powerbuilder could not work after.
> The new version of ODBC Jet Database is now 4.00.3513.00.
> Could i find a fix for Powerbuilder to work with this new version of
> ODBC driver ?
>
> Remarks:
> The change did append for all other ODBC drivers.
>
> I fix it temporary by copying previous file odbcjt32.dll ( version
> 3.50.3602.00).
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sebastien RUNG
> sgedp1@hellasnet.gr

0
sgedp1

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

Using DDE in PowerBuilder 6.5 Problems
Dear All Is there any here knows, and known bugs, on powerbuilder DDE.functions As I try to use a PB application to connect to DDE server application, and I was found that the connect is very unstable. MicroSoft has discontinued support for DDE from Windows95. DDE is inherently unstable in Windows95/98/NT because these are Pre-Emptive Multitasking Systems. The connection with a DDE object is lost over time. You need to use OLE instead. Samuel Tsang wrote: > Dear All > > Is there any here knows, and known bugs, on powerbuilder DDE.functions > As I try to ...

Using DDE in PowerBuilder 6.5 Problems
Dear All Is there any here knows, and known bugs, on powerbuilder DDE.functions As I try to use a PB application to connect to DDE server application, and I was found that the connect is very unstable. MicroSoft has discontinued support for DDE from Windows95. DDE is inherently unstable in Windows95/98/NT because these are Pre-Emptive Multitasking Systems. The connection with a DDE object is lost over time. You need to use OLE instead. Samuel Tsang wrote: > Dear All > > Is there any here knows, and known bugs, on powerbuilder DDE.functions > As I try to ...

Oracle 8 ODBC and PowerBuilder 6.5 problem
Hello I'm currently running Powerbuilder 6.5, using the Oracle 8.0.5 ODBC driver to connect to my database. Last night we got the following error message when trying to store 5K of data into a long field in the database. SQLSTATE = S1104 ODBC invalid precision value error After a little experimentation, we discovered that the ODBC driver connection to the database was fine (we were dumping 20MB files in) but there seems to be some incompatibility between Powerbuilder and the Oracle ODBC driver. Does anyone have any clues as to what might be going on or how Powerbu...

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

Can PowerBuilder 6.5 use ODBC 4.0??
Hi all, I am a beginner on using the PB6.5, my company is using the ODBC 3.5 and the database is Access97 database. Now my company want to upgrade the access 97 to 2000, and i have the following problem: 1. PB6.5 seems not support ODBC 4.0, what i can do and change to let the PB6.5 support the new ODBC? 2 My old DB is access 97 DB, it also contain some PB functions, when i upgrade the DB to access 2000, the file can be upgraded but all PB functions lost, any suggestion for me? OLEDb ??? <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:40F87141CCFE09120060514F8...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and DB2 CLI/ODBC (retrieve as needed problem)
I wonder if anyone out there has a solution to this problem: I have a datawindow that has the "retrieve as needed" attribute set. Everything works normally until row 100 is reached, then powerbuilder throws a dberror event and no more rows are retrieved. The transaction object doesn't get populated with any error information. Retrieving data in the datawindow painter doesn't result in an error and all rows can be retrieved. TIA Bogi Palsson c.Rel International as. bogi.palsson@c-rel.com I would suggest running a DB2/CLI trace and lets see if there's an...

connecting to visual fox pro (dbc) database using powerbuilder 6.5
I am using Microsoft Visual Fox pro driver to connect to visual Fox pro database (DBC) The connection is fine. But when I create a datawindow, I do not see the capability to create outer join between two tables in the datawindow painter. But If I connect to visual fox pro (dbf) using fox pro driver. I can create outer join in the datawindow The problem is with Fox Pro DBC. I would appreciate if some one helps on this issue Thanks subramanyam ...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I ge...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I get ...

Problems With datawindow scrolling in PowerBuilder 6.5 (and 6.0)
The datawindow scrolling functionality has been altered so that when scrolling through a datawindow using the thumb, it is possible to view the bottom of one page and the top of the next. This looks OK until a group is created in the datawindow that has its own heading. When scrolling as before, the heading remains in between the bottom of one page and the top of the next which doesn't look particularly attractive, especially if there are several items in the group heading. In 65Maint.txt document it says the following: "DataWindow Scrollbar Operation ------------------...

ASA 6
Hello! I tried to install connection from PowerBuilder to ASA 6.02 Network Server without ODBC support. I described ASA-server as Open Server. In PB I use "SYT Sybase SQL server DBLIB" driver. Besides, I installed to the database stored procedures and tables which PowerBuilder install in ASE 11.5. I can connect across DB-profile, I can see data in tables, but I can not make DataWindow. Do exists others native drivers for PB and ASA 6. In ASE 11.5 such drivers work really fast than ODBC-drivers. With big respect Voronkov Nick. my email is voronkov@engineer.c...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

Web resources about - Problem using ODBC in Powerbuilder 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles