PowerBuilder Error...

Hello!
I was trying to connect to the database i created using sql
advantage. I was able to connect to it, but I cannot open
it's objects (i.e. tables). It prompts an error
message.(please see error message below). By the way, i am
using PowerBuilder 7.0 to connect to Sybase ASE 12.0.

ERROR MESSAGE:
Stored procedure 'sp_pb70table' not found. Specify
owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object
exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).

Thanks!
KNUBIL
0
Knubil

There are some script files in the support directory of the PB CD ROM
that you need to run against the database to create the PB catalog
tables.

On 10 Feb 2004 21:49:59 -0800, Knubil Delfin wrote:

>Hello!
>I was trying to connect to the database i created using sql
>advantage. I was able to connect to it, but I cannot open
>it's objects (i.e. tables). It prompts an error
>message.(please see error message below). By the way, i am
>using PowerBuilder 7.0 to connect to Sybase ASE 12.0.
>
>ERROR MESSAGE:
>Stored procedure 'sp_pb70table' not found. Specify
>owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object
>exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).
>
>Thanks!
>KNUBIL

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19 - Minneapolis, MN
http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

http://www.needhim.org
-1
Bruce
2/11/2004 5:56:57 AM
But I was able to access the objects of other databases i
created before. I dont understand that why i cannot access
the objects of my newly created database. Please help.

Thanks!
KNUBIL

> There are some script files in the support directory of
> the PB CD ROM that you need to run against the database to
> create the PB catalog tables.
>
> On 10 Feb 2004 21:49:59 -0800, Knubil Delfin wrote:
>
> >Hello!
> >I was trying to connect to the database i created using
> sql >advantage. I was able to connect to it, but I cannot
> open >it's objects (i.e. tables). It prompts an error
> >message.(please see error message below). By the way, i
> am >using PowerBuilder 7.0 to connect to Sybase ASE 12.0.
> >
> >ERROR MESSAGE:
> >Stored procedure 'sp_pb70table' not found. Specify
> >owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the
> object >exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).
> >
> >Thanks!
> >KNUBIL
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19 - Minneapolis
> , MN
> http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> ISUG Enhancement Requests
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. -
> Francis of Assisi http://www.needhim.org
1
Knubil
2/11/2004 6:32:45 AM
Did you run those scripts in those other databases?

On 10 Feb 2004 22:32:45 -0800, Knubil Delfin wrote:

>But I was able to access the objects of other databases i
>created before. I dont understand that why i cannot access
>the objects of my newly created database. Please help.
>
>Thanks!
>KNUBIL
>
>> There are some script files in the support directory of
>> the PB CD ROM that you need to run against the database to
>> create the PB catalog tables.
>>
>> On 10 Feb 2004 21:49:59 -0800, Knubil Delfin wrote:
>>
>> >Hello!
>> >I was trying to connect to the database i created using
>> sql >advantage. I was able to connect to it, but I cannot
>> open >it's objects (i.e. tables). It prompts an error
>> >message.(please see error message below). By the way, i
>> am >using PowerBuilder 7.0 to connect to Sybase ASE 12.0.
>> >
>> >ERROR MESSAGE:
>> >Stored procedure 'sp_pb70table' not found. Specify
>> >owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the
>> object >exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).
>> >
>> >Thanks!
>> >KNUBIL
>>
>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> http://www.teamsybase.com
>>
>> Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19 - Minneapolis
>> , MN
>> http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups
>>
>> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
>> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>
>> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
>> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>> ISUG Enhancement Requests
>> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>>
>> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. -
>> Francis of Assisi http://www.needhim.org

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19 - Minneapolis, MN
http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce
2/11/2004 8:26:08 AM
you should only need to run those once per server, the procedures should be
installed into sybsystemprocs database for Sybase ASE.  I would check to see if
while connect to your database, you able to access sybsystemprocs database.

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote
in message news:5noj20dhu90u3s02cfomegkrkl91665pr9@4ax.com...
> Did you run those scripts in those other databases?
>
> On 10 Feb 2004 22:32:45 -0800, Knubil Delfin wrote:
>
> >But I was able to access the objects of other databases i
> >created before. I dont understand that why i cannot access
> >the objects of my newly created database. Please help.
> >
> >Thanks!
> >KNUBIL
> >
> >> There are some script files in the support directory of
> >> the PB CD ROM that you need to run against the database to
> >> create the PB catalog tables.

> >> sql >advantage. I was able to connect to it, but I cannot
> >> open >it's objects (i.e. tables). It prompts an error
> >> am >using PowerBuilder 7.0 to connect to Sybase ASE 12.0.

> >> object >exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).

> >> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> >> http://www.teamsybase.com
> >>
> >> Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19 - Minneapolis
> >> , MN
> >> http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups
> >>
> >> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> >> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
> >>
> >> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> >> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
> >>
> >> ISUG Enhancement Requests
> >> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
> >>
> >> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. -
> >> Francis of Assisi http://www.needhim.org
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19 - Minneapolis, MN
> http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> ISUG Enhancement Requests
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

0
DT

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Internal Error
I'm getting a PowerBuilder Runtime Error which says, ' Internal RunTime Engine Failure Contact PowerSoft Tech SUpport (NOOP)'. The error no. is R0011. I get this error when I try to call a function of an nvo from a window function. And the most strange thing is that this is not really a new code, this same code used to work before. I guess this problem started happening after regenerating the application. I'm not sure if the given info wil be helpful, but if u need a full info and feel that u could help then please do send me an e- mail. Thanks a lot , Swai Chand...

intermittent Timeout Error with PowerBuilder App and MS SQL Database
We have a client server application that was developed using powerbuilder. This application has several modules, but one of the modules after working fine for several months, has started giving users Timeout Expired errors when creating a new record. Once this starts, every user in that module will start to get this error and we will have to restart the database. The curious thing is that this only occurs in this 1 of 7 modules. There was a thre started last year Oct 25, 2005, where another user was experiencing a similiar situation, but there was no resolution to it. A quesiton w...

Powerbuilder error
Receiving the following error in PowerBuilder connecting to ASE 11.9.2 Sybase timestamp select failed with SQL Error Code = -1. Cursor is not open. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks, Jason G. jason_s_gorin@dom.dom <<Receiving the following error in PowerBuilder connecting to ASE 11.9.2 Sybase timestamp select failed with SQL Error Code = -1. Cursor is not open. Has anyone seen this before? >> Are you getting this error within PB when connecting to ASE from the database painter or from your application? What version of PB? Is this the first ...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

PowerBuilder Error
Hi, I am getting "System Error 35" when using PowerBuilder 5.0.03 with Lotus Notes (cc:mail). We are using VIM API. Can anyone please tell me what is this error all about & how can it be fixed ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Vishal. Does it fail on a specific function call? How is the function call prototyped? Can you provide the snippet of code which calls the offending function? --- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://www.sybase.com/sdn On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 19:10:31 -0800, in powersoft.publi...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Select error: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error
Hi all, we are using PB7.0.3 Build 10135 with a JDBC Connection to MSSQL2k server. JDBC-driver: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC Version 2.2 Patch 1. used JDK is 1.2.2 The problem is the same if PB-application is running stand alone or as Component in EAServer. Problem: Whe retieving data everything is working fine unless there is an Euro-character in the data. Then we receive the following Message: "Select error: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error" Any ideas? Thanks What is the character set being used in JDBC and MSS? From what I have found, ...

select error: decimal conversion error powerbuilder only supports 18
After having migrated powerbuilder 5 to powerbuilder 10.5: A retrieve (that was OK with powerbuilder 5) fails and returns this error message: "select error decimal conversion error powerbuilder only supports 18". Has someone any idea ? Thanks, Leonardo leonardo.rosselli@eng.it wrote: > After having migrated powerbuilder 5 to powerbuilder 10.5: > > A retrieve (that was OK with powerbuilder 5) fails and returns this > error message: > "select error decimal conversion error powerbuilder only supports 18". > > Has someone any ...

Error 999 (rc -1) : Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error
My fairly complex SQL is working correctly in any JDBC front-end tools. But when using with PB 9.01, it gave me the above error. The database involved is Firebird, and the connection is JDBC. This connection seems to work in all cases except for the above SQLs. I wonder what "internal" PB is talking about so that I can have some clue in fixing my SQL. Thanks, Ben http://vmdd.tech.mylinuxisp.com/catalog/ It's probably not your SQL specifically, but rather some JDBC API call that returned a failure message that PowerBuilder doesn't know how to handle. Me...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder Error... - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles