PowerBuilder and Oracle 10g: Invalid stored procedure parameter type 'BOOLEAN'

Hi,
I am getting the following error message while executing a procedure
'update_status' in the package pkg_test.

Invalid 'Stored procedure parameter type of boolean on DDD'

Here is the signnature of the procedure.
pkg_test.update_status(AAA varchar2, BBB number, CCC number, DDD
varchar2, EEE boolean default false)=91

  and the way of calling this procedure is
pkg_test.update_status ('TEST',12,2345,'PLEASEWORK',TRUE)

The communication between the powerbuilder 10.5 and oracle10g is
through the ORACLE 10g drivers. After the execution the SQLCA.SQLCODE
=3D -1, SQLCA.SQLDBCODE =3D 999, SQLCA,SQLERRTEXT + 'Invalid stored
procedure parameter type of 'BOOLEAN' on 'DDD'.

The interesting factor here is that when i run the same execute
command through the tool 'SQL Developer', it is working fine but
through powerbuilder I am getting the error mentioned above. Even when
i try to run this through OLE DB drivers, it is working fine but my
problem is that i have to do this through Oracle 10g drivers only.

Could you pelase help me to come out of this problem .
Tarun.
0
Tarun

I'm surprised you can get it to work through other tools, because Oracle
officially does not support passing booleans from external applications.
The standard work around is to call a dummy procedure in your application
that uses 0/1, yes/no or something like that.  In turn this dummy procedure
calls your regular procedure.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Tarun" <tarunupneja@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hi,
I am getting the following error message while executing a procedure
'update_status' in the package pkg_test.

Invalid 'Stored procedure parameter type of boolean on DDD'

Here is the signnature of the procedure.
pkg_test.update_status(AAA varchar2, BBB number, CCC number, DDD
varchar2, EEE boolean default false)�

  and the way of calling this procedure is
pkg_test.update_status ('TEST',12,2345,'PLEASEWORK',TRUE)

The communication between the powerbuilder 10.5 and oracle10g is
through the ORACLE 10g drivers. After the execution the SQLCA.SQLCODE
= -1, SQLCA.SQLDBCODE = 999, SQLCA,SQLERRTEXT + 'Invalid stored
procedure parameter type of 'BOOLEAN' on 'DDD'.

The interesting factor here is that when i run the same execute
command through the tool 'SQL Developer', it is working fine but
through powerbuilder I am getting the error mentioned above. Even when
i try to run this through OLE DB drivers, it is working fine but my
problem is that i have to do this through Oracle 10g drivers only.

Could you pelase help me to come out of this problem .
Tarun.

0
Terry
9/8/2009 3:53:10 PM
Another workaround without a dummy procedure.
Run the procedure inside a PL/SQL block using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE:
    ls_sql =  "BEGIN
pkg_test.update_status('TEST',12,2345,'PLEASEWORK',TRUE); END;"
    EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :ls_sql ;

Arul  P T

"Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
> I'm surprised you can get it to work through other tools, because Oracle
> officially does not support passing booleans from external applications.
> The standard work around is to call a dummy procedure in your application
> that uses 0/1, yes/no or something like that.  In turn this dummy
> procedure calls your regular procedure.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Tarun" <tarunupneja@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am getting the following error message while executing a procedure
> 'update_status' in the package pkg_test.
>
> Invalid 'Stored procedure parameter type of boolean on DDD'
>
> Here is the signnature of the procedure.
> pkg_test.update_status(AAA varchar2, BBB number, CCC number, DDD
> varchar2, EEE boolean default false)'
>
>  and the way of calling this procedure is
> pkg_test.update_status ('TEST',12,2345,'PLEASEWORK',TRUE)
>
> The communication between the powerbuilder 10.5 and oracle10g is
> through the ORACLE 10g drivers. After the execution the SQLCA.SQLCODE
> = -1, SQLCA.SQLDBCODE = 999, SQLCA,SQLERRTEXT + 'Invalid stored
> procedure parameter type of 'BOOLEAN' on 'DDD'.
>
> The interesting factor here is that when i run the same execute
> command through the tool 'SQL Developer', it is working fine but
> through powerbuilder I am getting the error mentioned above. Even when
> i try to run this through OLE DB drivers, it is working fine but my
> problem is that i have to do this through Oracle 10g drivers only.
>

> Could you pelase help me to come out of this problem .
> Tarun.

0
Arul

Operator '=' is not defined for type 'Char' and type 'Boolean'.
Hello, In my application when i click the button i'm getting this " Operator '=' is not defined for type 'Char' and type 'Boolean'. " But when i test it locally there is no problem at all!!!! Please tell me why this error is occuring...Thanks SwapnaPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. swapnasamsonvarkey: Hello, In my application when i click the button i'm getting this " Operator '=' is not defined for type 'Char' and type 'Boolean'. " But when i test it lo...

Bit Data type column from Database to ASP Data grid getting error Cast from type 'DbDataRecord' to type 'Boolean' is not valid.
I have bit Datatype column in my table and I am putting this table into ASP datagrid  I have created a check box in thiscolumn in datagrid using itemtemplate.  so this bit column should have a check box next to it in datagrid but I am getting this when running the app  Cast from type 'DbDataRecord' to type 'Boolean' is not valid. any one know any thing about this issue Hi, khana04: I am not sure about what you are going to do about convert DbDataRecord to Boolean. Would u please show us some code about  it. However, the following code works fine for me to retrive t...

help! why i can not use ' out parameter' in 'oracle procedure'
i compile and execute the procedure in sqlplus(oracle tools) but i can not use it in powerbuilder. foe example: the procedure is : CREATE or replace PROCEDURE spm1 (dept varchar2 ,mgr_name out varchar2) IS lutype varchar2(10); BEGIN mgr_name:=dept||'out end'; END; the powerbuilder scipt is : DECLARE gg PROCEDURE FOR SPM1 (:dept1); execute gg; messagebox("",string(sqlca.sqlcode)+sqlca.sqlerrtext) i get error,and the error is : pls:00306. and oracle document explain the error is : PLS-00306: wrong number or t...

Stored Procedures and 'long' vs. 'number' data type
If I create a datawindow fed by a stored procedure, I'll sometimes get an error if I specify the type as 'long' in the dw and the value that is returned by the stored procedure is negative. I think the error is "Numeric value out of range". If I change the type in the dw to 'number', all is well. I guess my overriding question is, are there any negative implications in using 'number' as the data type in the datawindow as opposed to 'long'? I'm using PB 9.0, build 6066, and MS SQL2000 on the backend. The data type being returned...

Data type 'long' of Oracle vs Powerbuilder
Does any one have a idea of using oracle field of type 'long' in datawindow? or powerbuilder? the story is following: I have one mis application that user need to entry a lot of text into database (in order entry). While the field type of varchar can only support 2000 characters the most. So we decide to use 'long' type field, and the problem happen, I don't know how to access long type field in Powerbuilder (I use pb5.0) .. Does everyone know anything? help me. a very urgent man in computer room.....:( Take a look at the SelectBlob(), UpdateBlo...

Data type 'long' of Oracle vs Powerbuilder
Does any one have a idea of using oracle field of type 'long' in datawindow? or powerbuilder? the story is following: I have one mis application that user need to entry a lot of text into database (in order entry). While the field type of varchar can only support 2000 characters the most. So we decide to use 'long' type field, and the problem happen, I don't know how to access long type field in Powerbuilder (I use pb5.0) .. Does everyone know anything? help me. a very urgent man in computer room.....:( You can retrieve those fields via a datawi...

ASP.NET and SQL Server Stored Procedure: Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or function 'GetProductsOnCatalogPromotion' expects parameter '@ProductsPerPage', which was no
Hi, I am receiving an exception that i've been working on after I add a user control.  I don't have any syntax errors anywhere in my project. I checked and everything works before I add this user control to the website. I also checked the stored procedure and the GenericDataAccess class files and there are not syntax errors. I have also received no compilation errors. But, I do receive this runtime error below. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I also added the stored procedure 'GetProductsOnCatalogPromotion' and the class file 'GenericDataAcces...

Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'Boolean' is not valid.
I have two gridviews on a page, when a user clicks a link in the first gridview it populates the second, this all works fine. If there is no record for the second gridview when the link is clicked, I get the following error on the checkbox template column from the second gridview as listed below: How can I prevent this? Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'Boolean' is not valid.            <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Team Captain">          &nb...

Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'Boolean' is not valid.
Hi all I'm creating a multiple view form using FormViews within a Wizard control. I've been working my way through various problems and I'm getting close but get the following error when I try to Update. System.InvalidCastException was unhandled by user code  Message="Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'Boolean' is not valid."  Source="Microsoft.VisualBasic"  StackTrace:       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean(Object Value)        at ASP.Referral_aspx.__DataBinding__control287(Obj...

Conversion from type 'Date' to type 'Boolean' is not valid.
I have a DetailsView and a GridView on my page. When the user clicks "Select" on the GridView, the DetailsView mode gets set to ReadOnly (the Item Template).However, right now when I click "Select" I am receiving the following error Conversion from type 'Date' to type 'Boolean' is not valid. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details:...

Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'Boolean' is not valid
Help/advice required with a formview control. I have a formview that is conected to an employee record through the datasource control. When i try to view in a browser i'm getting this error Source Error: Line 255: <br /> Line 256: dsrid: Line 257: <asp:CheckBox ID="dsridCheckBox" runat="server" Checked='<%# Bind("dsrid") %>' Line 258: Enabled="True" /> Line 259: <br /> Stack Trace: [InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'DBNul...

ERROR: Procedure expects parameter '@statement' of type 'ntext/nchar/nvarchar'.
/* INFO USED HERE WAS TAKEN FROM http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262499 */ DECLARE @X VARCHAR(10) DECLARE @ParmDefinition NVARCHAR(500) DECLARE @Num_Members SMALLINT SELECT @X = 'x.dbo.v_NumberofMembers' DECLARE @SQLString AS VARCHAR(500) SET @SQLString = 'SELECT @Num_MembersOUT=Num_Members FROM @DB' SET @ParmDefinition = '@Num_MembersOUT SMALLINT OUTPUT' EXECUTE sp_executesql <-LINE 11 @SQLString, @ParmDefinition, @DB = @X, @Num_MembersOUT = @Num_Members OUTPUT Just Need Help On This Error Server: Msg ...

Cannot convert type 'type' to 'type'

Web resources about - PowerBuilder and Oracle 10g: Invalid stored procedure parameter type 'BOOLEAN' - sybase.powerbuilder.database