PowerBuilder 9.0.2 native Oracle driver for Oracle 10g database

We are migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder
9.0.2 application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder
Oracle 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g
database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we
found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down,
but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with Oracle
8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to connect
from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database? We have
tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0 client.

I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we do
not have support contract so I could not see their solution.
I appreciate it if anyone can send me the solution to
johnshi@yahoo.com
Solved Cases (#11025718)-PowerBuilder -Windows x86  (Solved
Cases)
PowerBuilder 9.0.1 application connecting to Oracle 9i/10G
databases using Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 client and 'O90 Oracle'
native drivers. Oracle 9.x drivers appear very unstable and
had to revert to 7.x drivers.
0
John

See the link http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 with information about
PB9 and Oracle 10 G.

<John Shi> escreveu na mensagem news:435f9e82.5f33.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We are migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder
> 9.0.2 application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder
> Oracle 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g
> database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we
> found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down,
> but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with Oracle
> 8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to connect
> from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database? We have
> tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0 client.
>
> I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we do
> not have support contract so I could not see their solution.
> I appreciate it if anyone can send me the solution to
> johnshi@yahoo.com
> Solved Cases (#11025718)-PowerBuilder -Windows x86  (Solved
> Cases)
> PowerBuilder 9.0.1 application connecting to Oracle 9i/10G
> databases using Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 client and 'O90 Oracle'
> native drivers. Oracle 9.x drivers appear very unstable and
> had to revert to 7.x drivers.

0
Thiago
10/26/2005 8:07:59 PM
We tried both Oracle drivers pbo9090.dll and pbo8490.dll,
and both of them are not stable and very slow with SQL
scripts which includes the index hints. It worked with
Oracle 8i using pbo8490.dll.

> See the link http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 with
> information about  PB9 and Oracle 10 G.
>
> <John Shi> escreveu na mensagem
> > news:435f9e82.5f33.1681692777@sybase.com... We are
> > migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder 9.0.2
> > application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder Oracle
> > 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g
> > database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we
> found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down
> > , but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with
> > Oracle 8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to
> > connect from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database?
> > We have tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0
> client. >
> > I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we
> > do not have support contract so I could not see their
> > solution. I appreciate it if anyone can send me the
> > solution to johnshi@yahoo.com
> > Solved Cases (#11025718)-PowerBuilder -Windows x86
> > (Solved Cases)
> > PowerBuilder 9.0.1 application connecting to Oracle
> > 9i/10G databases using Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 client and 'O90
> > Oracle' native drivers. Oracle 9.x drivers appear very
> > unstable and had to revert to 7.x drivers.

0
John
10/27/2005 2:58:05 AM
You have connect using OLE DB. This can have a good performance.

<John Shi> escreveu na mensagem news:4360423d.6896.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We tried both Oracle drivers pbo9090.dll and pbo8490.dll,
> and both of them are not stable and very slow with SQL
> scripts which includes the index hints. It worked with
> Oracle 8i using pbo8490.dll.
>
>> See the link http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 with
>> information about  PB9 and Oracle 10 G.
>>
>> <John Shi> escreveu na mensagem
>> > news:435f9e82.5f33.1681692777@sybase.com... We are
>> > migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder 9.0.2
>> > application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder Oracle
>> > 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g
>> > database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we
>> found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down
>> > , but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with
>> > Oracle 8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to
>> > connect from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database?
>> > We have tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0
>> client. >
>> > I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we
>> > do not have support contract so I could not see their
>> > solution. I appreciate it if anyone can send me the
>> > solution to johnshi@yahoo.com
>> > Solved Cases (#11025718)-PowerBuilder -Windows x86
>> > (Solved Cases)
>> > PowerBuilder 9.0.1 application connecting to Oracle
>> > 9i/10G databases using Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 client and 'O90
>> > Oracle' native drivers. Oracle 9.x drivers appear very
>> > unstable and had to revert to 7.x drivers.

0
Thiago
10/27/2005 12:29:00 PM
Try this

SELECT *

  FROM A, (SELECT *

                FROM B, C

                WHERE C.bid (+) = B.bid) D

 WHERE D.aid (+) = A.aid

But, I suggest that you analyze your query, because this situation don't is
normal.

Good Lock.

<John Shi> escreveu na mensagem news:4360423d.6896.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We tried both Oracle drivers pbo9090.dll and pbo8490.dll,
> and both of them are not stable and very slow with SQL
> scripts which includes the index hints. It worked with
> Oracle 8i using pbo8490.dll.
>
>> See the link http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 with
>> information about  PB9 and Oracle 10 G.
>>
>> <John Shi> escreveu na mensagem
>> > news:435f9e82.5f33.1681692777@sybase.com... We are
>> > migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder 9.0.2
>> > application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder Oracle
>> > 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g
>> > database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we
>> found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down
>> > , but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with
>> > Oracle 8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to
>> > connect from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database?
>> > We have tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0
>> client. >
>> > I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we
>> > do not have support contract so I could not see their
>> > solution. I appreciate it if anyone can send me the
>> > solution to johnshi@yahoo.com
>> > Solved Cases (#11025718)-PowerBuilder -Windows x86
>> > (Solved Cases)
>> > PowerBuilder 9.0.1 application connecting to Oracle
>> > 9i/10G databases using Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 client and 'O90
>> > Oracle' native drivers. Oracle 9.x drivers appear very
>> > unstable and had to revert to 7.x drivers.

0
Thiago
10/27/2005 12:33:44 PM
 If you read the pervious postings link, you will see that 10G is not
officially supported until PB10. Using the old PB/Oracle driver is available
but it is stated that you cannot use any new features of 10G. In my
experience with Informix, DB/2, Ingress, SQLServer, SQLBase, etc - if you do
not migrate to a version of PB that "officially" supports the DBMS, using
the old drivers can easily cause data type mismatches, performance
degradation, random GPF's etc when using them with newer DBMS versions.

    It is the same thing with VB or PB .. try mixing an EXE with an improper
version of the VM - even Java for example ... <GPF>, <Unknown Error>,
<Slowwwwwwww>, etc.

<John Shi> wrote in message news:4360423d.6896.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We tried both Oracle drivers pbo9090.dll and pbo8490.dll,
> and both of them are not stable and very slow with SQL
> scripts which includes the index hints. It worked with
> Oracle 8i using pbo8490.dll.
>
> > See the link http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 with
> > information about  PB9 and Oracle 10 G.
> >
> > <John Shi> escreveu na mensagem
> > > news:435f9e82.5f33.1681692777@sybase.com... We are
> > > migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder 9.0.2
> > > application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder Oracle
> > > 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g
> > > database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we
> > found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down
> > > , but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with
> > > Oracle 8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to
> > > connect from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database?
> > > We have tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0
> > client. >
> > > I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we
> > > do not have support contract so I could not see their
> > > solution. I appreciate it if anyone can send me the
> > > solution to johnshi@yahoo.com
> > > Solved Cases (#11025718)-PowerBuilder -Windows x86
> > > (Solved Cases)
> > > PowerBuilder 9.0.1 application connecting to Oracle
> > > 9i/10G databases using Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 client and 'O90
> > > Oracle' native drivers. Oracle 9.x drivers appear very
> > > unstable and had to revert to 7.x drivers.

0
Chris
10/27/2005 12:44:35 PM
Sorry, wrong post.

"Thiago Campos Pereira" <thiago@cataguases.com.br> escreveu na mensagem
> Try this
>

> SELECT *
>
>  FROM A, (SELECT *
>
>                FROM B, C
>
>                WHERE C.bid (+) = B.bid) D
>
> WHERE D.aid (+) = A.aid
>

> But, I suggest that you analyze your query, because this situation don't
> is normal.
>

> Good Lock.
>

> <John Shi> escreveu na mensagem
>> We tried both Oracle drivers pbo9090.dll and pbo8490.dll,
>> and both of them are not stable and very slow with SQL
>> scripts which includes the index hints. It worked with
>> Oracle 8i using pbo8490.dll.
>>
>>> See the link http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 with
>>> information about  PB9 and Oracle 10 G.
>>>
>>> <John Shi> escreveu na mensagem
>>> found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down
>>> client. >

0
Thiago

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can i use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & VS 2.0
 Hi all, Can any one tell me how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can I use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & vs 2.0. , for implement this is it compulsory to install oracle 10g server on the same machine on which I'm implementing this task  or otherwise i can use  other system as a server (like remote login or client server)  Hi,You should have the Oracle 10g Server or Client In your machine.In Case Client is in your Machine then Server Must be somewhere,that is enough to use.I hope then we ...

Does ODAC 9.2.0.7.0 work with Oracle database version 9i 9.2.0.6.0 using VS2005?
I am using VS2005 and need to connect to an Oracle database. The Oracle database version is Oracle 9i 9.2.0.6.0 I have taken a look at the Oracle site (http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odpnet/index.html). I can download the Oracle Data Access Component - Oracle9i Release 2 ODAC 9.2.0.7.0, but will this work with our current Oracle database version 9i 9.2.0.6.0 ? Any help appreciated. Regards, Paul. Apsolutely.Install it, it will work w/o problems. Regards,Dejan VesićMCAD for .Net technologies | http://www.vesic.org/english/ | Blog: http://www.vesic.org...

PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle O84 database driver
I am experiencing failed datastore retrieves on SQL that has been proven through SQL*Plus and also has been proven using the Oracle ODBC driver through PB. Is any one aware of any known bugs, limitations, or new settings with this O84 driver that could prevent a proven SQL from executing properly? The SQL runs just shy of 6 minutes before it returns the error. This particular SQL is intensive, takes about 6 minutes to complete, and returns around 547 records. Quick queries are successful using the O84 driver. I attempted to switch to the 7.3 native driver, but it is giving me TNS p...

Performance issue with Oracle native driver for Powerbuilder 9.0.3
Why do we have a very long runtime for a "GET NUMBER OF COLUMNS SELECTED" in pbtrace.log? Any explanations? The same code for Powerbuilder 7 works properly, means the "GET NUMBER OF COLUMNS SELECTED" uses about 0 milliseconds. Thanks. e. g. PREPARE WITH BIND VARIABLES: (a5d008): SELECT .................................................. (a5d008): DATETIME Length=0 ID=:1 (a5d008): VCHAR Length=10 ID=:2 *XXXXXXXXXX* (a5d008): INT Length=0 ID=:3 (0.057 MilliSeconds) (a5d008): GET AFFECTED ROWS: (0.004 MilliSeconds) (a5d008): ^ 1 Rows Affected (a5d008): GET ...

Problem connecting to oracle database in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version
I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error message which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource' Ershad, Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC drivers? The latest set of drivers is available at: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\ Could you also please post the attributes of the transaction object (except the password) that you use to try and connect to the oracle db? Sanjiv. <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message news:41aea458.51d5...

PowerBuilder Oracle Driver for Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.0.5
You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native driver at the following URL http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html Has anyone been using this? Any comments? On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:32:31 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Dan Skibba <skibba@sybase.com> wrote: >You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native >driver at the following URL >http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html > > One of the things you do when you sign up for a beta ...

DBD:Oracle for Oracle 9.0.2 and 9.2 ?
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2F2A5.306833FA Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, =20 Currently in a project to convert our existing 7.3.4 and 8.1.7 Databases to Oracle9i.( Either the 9.0.1 or 9.2 version ) Now I'm having some problems connecting to some test databases I have setup. Do I need to upgrade my perl version or Dbi / DBD version to be able to connect? I keep getting the :=20 =20 DBI->connect(servwhDBMET) failed: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel (DBD: login failed) =20 ...

Correct Oracle Driver for Powerbuilder 5.0.2 #2
Any tables that I create in PowerBuilder cannot be later seen with Select Tables. Select Tables shows me a bunch of (system) tables, but none that I have created. A support person at Oracle said that I need an updated driver from Sybase. Is a driver available for PB 5.02 that will work with Oracle 8.0.4? Thank you, Doug Are you sure you don't have another oracle user on your connection profile ? I use oracle7.2 driver on PB 5.02 and I've no trouble .... Look for table that have user.tablename name .... ...

PowerBuilder 7 and Oracle 9.2.0.8.0 version
Hi, We have a customer who have among 40 legacy systems in PowerBuilder 7 and using Oracle8i, release 8.1.7.4.0. Now their database's team want to upgrade their database to the version 9.2.0.8.0 of Oracle, but before this we need to know if the version 7 of PowerBuilder can work with Oracle 9.2.0.8.0 Somebody know if is it possible? Hi Leonardo; 1) WOW ... O9i is no longer supported by Oracle. Why would they want to use that obsolete DB software? 2) I believe that PB 7 only supported 8i - so you would have to stay with that OCI level. The O8i interface should still ...

Error: Database connection PB8.0.2 & Oracle 9.2
Hi, In PB 8.0.2 development environment, I am getting the following error when I try to connect to Oracle 9.2.0.4 database using native connection (PB9080.DLL)? 'Oracle Library OCI.DLL could not be loaded' Any idea what's missing here? Thanks, Mahesh The Oracle client layer. Mahesh wrote: > > Hi, > > In PB 8.0.2 development environment, I am getting the > following error when I try to connect to Oracle 9.2.0.4 > database using native connection (PB9080.DLL)? > 'Oracle Library OCI.DLL could not be loaded' > Any idea what'...

hints expression oracle 9.0 in Powerbuilder 9.0
Hello cheers to all. I got this sql from Orable 9.0, we need to put a hint expression in this sql to improve the performance on the execution of the sql, well i dont know if this run fine in sql embeded, because this expression use /* */ operator, like the following example. In powerbuilde these operators are used to put comments in the script.. SELECT /* + INDEX ("CB_MOV_PAG" "CB_MOV_PAG1") */ sum ("CB_MOV_DET"."MON_PAG") FROM "CB_MOV_DET", "CB_MOV_PAG" WHERE ( "CB_MOV_DET"."COD_CIA"...

Oracle database 9.2.0.6
How do I know if Powerbuilder 10.0 is certified to work on Oracle Database patchset 9.2.0.6? dan.warner@pearson.com ...

EAServer 5.3.0, Oracle 8.1.7 Database with Oracle 10.1.0.2 client VARCHAR2(4000) problem
Hello! I'm having some problems in this configuration on Windows XP. I am developing websites on an Oracle database (8.1.7), with EAServer 5.3.0 (build 53016), Java objects using JSP as a front end. Here is my problem, I have a table with 2 VARCHAR2(4000), and when I access the webpage, the they are displayed as '?????????????'. If I debug the PB component, when I affect the DW field to a variable, it displays it as it doesn't "understand" a thing (each character is replaced by a square). The codeset of EAServer is UTF8, and on my client, it is AM...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 9.0.2 native Oracle driver for Oracle 10g database - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles