PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle O84 database driver

I am experiencing failed datastore retrieves on SQL that has been proven
through SQL*Plus and also has been proven using the Oracle ODBC driver
through PB.
Is any one aware of any known bugs, limitations, or new settings with this
O84 driver that could prevent a proven SQL from executing properly?  The SQL
runs just shy of 6 minutes before it returns the error.
This particular SQL is intensive, takes about 6 minutes to complete, and
returns around 547 records.  Quick queries are successful using the O84
driver.
I attempted to switch to the 7.3 native driver, but it is giving me TNS
protocol errors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Misty Scoggins

0
Misty

If you could post the exact code and text of the error (and maybe the SQL as
well) then researching the matter would be a lot simpler.

Also, have you tried running the SQL in either the database admin painter or
directly from a dw in the dw painter?

-EGM

Misty Scoggins <misty.scoggins@par-research.com> wrote in message
> I am experiencing failed datastore retrieves on SQL that has been proven
> through SQL*Plus and also has been proven using the Oracle ODBC driver
> through PB.
> Is any one aware of any known bugs, limitations, or new settings with this
> O84 driver that could prevent a proven SQL from executing properly?  The
SQL
> runs just shy of 6 minutes before it returns the error.
> This particular SQL is intensive, takes about 6 minutes to complete, and
> returns around 547 records.  Quick queries are successful using the O84
> driver.
> I attempted to switch to the 7.3 native driver, but it is giving me TNS
> protocol errors.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
> Misty Scoggins

0
Edward

PowerBuilder Oracle Driver for Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.0.5
You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native driver at the following URL http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html Has anyone been using this? Any comments? On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:32:31 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Dan Skibba <skibba@sybase.com> wrote: >You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native >driver at the following URL >http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html > > One of the things you do when you sign up for a beta ...

PowerBuilder 9.0.2 native Oracle driver for Oracle 10g database
We are migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder 9.0.2 application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder Oracle 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down, but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with Oracle 8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to connect from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database? We have tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0 client. I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we do not have support...

PowerBuilder 8.0.1 Database Painter
PB 8 is an improved but when I am in the database painter and using sybase open cleint to connect to ASE 12.0 and my OS is Win2k. I get an error and PB 8 kicks me out entirely. From the event viewer it reads: The application, e:\pb801\build\nt\pb80.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on (SomeDate) @ (SomeTime) The exception generated was c0000005 at address (SomereSourceAddress). Is there an EBF or is it a resource problem or configuration problem or something else? Anyone having this problem? Any suggestion on a possible fix or where to start looking? ...

EAServer 5.3.0, Oracle 8.1.7 Database with Oracle 10.1.0.2 client VARCHAR2(4000) problem
Hello! I'm having some problems in this configuration on Windows XP. I am developing websites on an Oracle database (8.1.7), with EAServer 5.3.0 (build 53016), Java objects using JSP as a front end. Here is my problem, I have a table with 2 VARCHAR2(4000), and when I access the webpage, the they are displayed as '?????????????'. If I debug the PB component, when I affect the DW field to a variable, it displays it as it doesn't "understand" a thing (each character is replaced by a square). The codeset of EAServer is UTF8, and on my client, it is AM...

Powerbuilder 8 / Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 error
When I run my PB 8 build 9506 application using Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 client, I get the following error. If I use Oracle 8.0.5 client, it works. Please advise as I need to be on Oracle 8i. Number 3120 Select error: ORA-03120: two-task conversion routine: integer overflow What version of Oracle is the server? Perhaps it's an Oracle bug. On 10 Sep 2003 06:42:55 -0700, Marsha Jacobs wrote: >When I run my PB 8 build 9506 application using Oracle >8.1.7.0.0 client, I get the following error. If I use Oracle >8.0.5 client, it works. Please advise as I need to be on >Oracl...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Move from Oracle 8.1.7 to 9.2.0.1 on PowerBuilder 8
Please see my question below ------------------------------- From: "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> Subject: Re: Move from Oracle 8.1.7 to 9.2.0.1 on PowerBuilder 8 Date: woensdag 3 november 2004 15:05 This is a good question for the database section. On 3 Nov 2004 04:09:22 -0800, "Frederic Hoornaert" <Frederic.Hoornaert@transics.nospam.com> wrote: >Hello, > >We are currently using PowerBuilder 8.0.1 build 9056 on Oracle 8.1.7 >A customer of ours wants to move to Oracle 9.2.0.1. > >Th...

Move from Oracle 8.1.7 to 9.2.0.1 on PowerBuilder 8
Hello, We are currently using PowerBuilder 8.0.1 build 9056 on Oracle 8.1.7 A customer of ours wants to move to Oracle 9.2.0.1. The document on the link below describes the compatibility between PowerBuilder and Oracle. http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 PowerBuilder 8 : Oracle 9.2 -> pbo9080.dll -> Oracle 9.2 new features are not supported with this driver. Requires build 10501 or later. Requires Oracle patch set 9.2.0.4 or patch set 9.2.0.3 with patch 2. PowerBuilder 9 : Oracle 9.2 -> pbo9090.dll -> Oracle 9.2 new features are not supported with this d...

SOS: Sync with Oracle 8.1.6.1.0 using 8.1.6.1.0 ODBC Driver
Help! If any customer has successfully replicated bi-directionally from ASA7 to Oracle 8i (8.1.6) using the Oracle 8.1.6 Oracle ODBC Driver, we would appreciate any insight you may have concerning the small number of steps involved in implementing replication. I may be contacted directly at (206) 933-4956. Martin Douglas Senior Data Architect e-Commerce Group Food Services of America Please always specify the version and MORE importantly the BUILD number of ASA you are using with each post. If you are having problems with this Oracle driver, some of our customers hav...

Datawindow's Date argument with PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle 9i 9.2.0.1
Hi, there: Does anybody know how to pass datetime type data from client side to server side in the datawindow? Can anybody recommend a good book about how PowerBuilder deals with Oracle, datawindow, embedded SQL? Thanks in advance. PB DateTime data type corresponds to the Oracle Date type. You can set a DateTime variable using constants, or use the Date function to make a Date from mm, dd, yy and DateTime function to convert it. What are you not finding in the PB help and online books? "sybase.working" <sybase.working@yahoomail.com> wrote in message news:eYB...

3-Tier Powerbuilder Application problem talking to Oracle 8.0.5 database
We have had a 3-tier (client, server, database) application built that works well in certain installations but fails in others. The failure is completely dependent on where the server executable is installed. The request that causes the error is completely repeatable. If a request is made for one claim abstract and it's associated content (just a document built from the database) the app works fine always. If a range (more than one) is requested I will get a 'The request caused an abnormal termination...connection closed' error that crashes the client executable. This ...

Oracle Client 8.1.5 and Powerbuilder 7.0.1
My application works fine in Powerbuilder 7.0.1 development with Oracle Client 8.1.5. However, after building the new executables and pbds, application fails during runtime when trying to connect to database using the user-defined transaction object. Is there any new drivers or dlls that I need to properly run with Oracle Client 8.1.5? If there is, where can I get it? Also, is there any issue that I should pay attention to when working with Oracle 8.1.5 (8i) and Powerbuilder 7? I am currently using the Oracle 8.0.4 driver (pbo8470.dll). Is net8 configured correctly on the clie...

Oracle 8.1.7, Windows 2000, PB 8.0.1 Build 8004, native Oracle driver
When I attempt to use the native Oracle driver in PowerBuilder, my cursors are not returning any records. When I use the ODBC driver, everything works perfectly. One particular cursor using ODBC on my system takes 40 seconds to return the data. Another person running the exact same application using the native 7.3 Oracle driver also on Windows 2000 runs in less than a second. Any suggestions? Does the PB 8 native Oracle driver have bug issues or are there settings I should change? Thanks for any help, Misty Scoggins Product Acceptance & Research misty.scoggins@par-research...

upgrade 6.0.1 database to 8.0.1
I am trying to upgrade a 6.0.1 database to 8.0.1. When I connect to it in Sybase Cantral (8.0.1 version) it prompts to unload and reload the database. However, I get this error when it tries to unload it: Sql error cannot access file 'rt.jar' No such file or directory. Could not unload the database. I have several copies of a file with that name on my pc. What is wrong? Thanks. Were you using Java in the Database in 6.x? If so, did you install the Java components when you installed 8.x? - These are not installed by default with 8.x -- Robert Waywell iAnywhere ...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle O84 database driver - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles