PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0

Hi:

I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database
via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT
Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following
error apears.
SQLSTATE=22005  - "Invalid character value for cast specification."
Any clues about this.

The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0

Thanks in advance.

0
Jorge

Jorge,

Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example:

SQLCA.DBParm =  "Connectstring='DSN=<your odbc
dsn>;UID=<uid>;PWD=<password>',CallEscape='No'"

The error is caused by a type mismatch. The native drivers handle the
mismatch but the ODBC driver does not.

Regards,
John Olson
Team Sybase

Jorge Alberto Ar�valo Ruiz wrote in message
<5VjnNWWc$GA.306@forums.sybase.com>...
>Hi:
>
>I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database
>via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT
>Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the
following
>error apears.
>SQLSTATE=22005  - "Invalid character value for cast specification."
>Any clues about this.
>
>The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0
>
>Thanks in advance.

0
John
2/7/2000 3:38:29 PM
Jhon:
I tired your sugestion and it doesn't work, what else you i can do.

Thanks in advance.

John Olson [TeamSybase] escribi� en mensaje ...
>Jorge,
>
>Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example:
>
>SQLCA.DBParm =  "Connectstring='DSN=<your odbc
>dsn>;UID=<uid>;PWD=<password>',CallEscape='No'"
>
>The error is caused by a type mismatch. The native drivers handle the
>mismatch but the ODBC driver does not.
>
>Regards,
>John Olson
>Team Sybase
>

>Jorge Alberto Ar�valo Ruiz wrote in message
><5VjnNWWc$GA.306@forums.sybase.com>...
>>Hi:
>>
>>I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database
>>via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT
>>Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the
>following
>>error apears.
>>SQLSTATE=22005  - "Invalid character value for cast specification."
>>Any clues about this.
>>
>>The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0
>>
>>Thanks in advance.

0
Jorge

PowerBuilder 5.0.03 & SQL Server 7.0 & ODBC
Hi All, I have a peculiar problem while connecting to SQL Server 7.0 From PowerBuilder 5.0.03 Enterprise through ODBC. I can connect from a windows 95 machine (where my client is) to a Windows NT4 (SP3) machine (where the server resides) via ODBC. I use the dll's provided by PowerBuilder. (PBODB050.dll, PBODB050.ini). Till this it is fine. The problem comes when my client is also in the NT Server (where the database resides). I can connect to SQL Server 7.0 from PowerBuilder 5.0.03 on windows NT4.0 but all the select statements which has Varchar type columns in it, returns null...

PowerBuilder 5.0.03 & SQL Server 7.0 & ODBC
Hi All, I have a peculiar problem while connecting to SQL Server 7.0 From PowerBuilder 5.0.03 Enterprise through ODBC. I can connect from a windows 95 machine (where my client is) to a Windows NT4 (SP3) machine (where the server resides) via ODBC. I use the dll's provided by PowerBuilder. (PBODB050.dll, PBODB050.ini). Till this it is fine. The problem comes when my client is also in the NT Server (where the database resides). I can connect to SQL Server 7.0 from PowerBuilder 5.0.03 on windows NT4.0 but all the select statements which has Varchar type columns in it, returns null...

POWERBUILDER 7.0
I am having problems getting updates to commit through powerbuilder. We have a few layers of stored procedures which make the queries a little long. Have tried MSS, ODBC, OLE DB connections, we've been messing with connection options for weeks, nothing seems to work. ODBC traces show success. This may not help you much; but, we have been using PB 7.0 with MS SQL Server 7.0 for months in a production application and have never had a problem with commits on updates (using native MSS drivers). So, I would look at your own code. Where do you issue the commits? regards ...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

PowerBuilder & SQL Server 7.0 & ODBC
Hi All, I have a peculiar problem while connecting to SQL Server 7.0 From PowerBuilder 5.0.03 Enterprise through ODBC. I can connect from a windows 95 machine (where my client is) to a Windows NT4 (SP3) machine (where the server resides) via ODBC. I use the dll's provided by PowerBuilder. (PBODB050.dll, PBODB050.ini). Till this it is fine. The problem comes when my client is also in the NT Server (where the database resides). I can connect to SQL Server 7.0 from PowerBuilder 5.0.03 on windows NT4.0 but all the select statements which has Varchar type columns in it, returns null. ...

Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0
In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar Masun wrote: > In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but > in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? ...

SQl server 7.0 and Powerbuilder 9.0
Hello there. I have this situation we,re working with Powerbuilder 9.0 and SQL Server 7.0 with an original application developed in Powerbuilder 6.5, this mean that we made the update to 9.0, well after that in some SQL that involve string field like char or varchar the values were evaluated with double quoted like this example type in "1","2". Select * from clients Where tipo in " 1","2" Well this syntax generated error because dont recognize del double quote, now the syntax must use single quoted '1', '2' li...

P.B 7.0 & MS SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. ...

PowerBuilder 5.0.04 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
I am having problems with a powerbuilder 5.0.04 application that uses pipeline objects. The only thing that has changed is the destination database has recently been upgraded from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0. We connect via ODBC. After upgrading to 7.0, we get the -4 error code (i.e. Table Not Found). Does anyone know if any new drivers are needed to support Microsoft SQL Server 7.0? Thanks, Victoria I am not sure but there is a 3.70 ODBC Driver from Microsoft. I am not sure the older driver works ok with MS 7.0. pv Victoria Kelsey wrote: > > I am having...

PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0
Hi, I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not work if I am connected to MS SQL Server! The code is something like: int li_total Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total; I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the same code will work fine with SQL Anywere! Any help would be great!! Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax. Maybe something that works in SQL Anywhere. Anyway, it should be: Select count(*...

PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0
Hi, I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not work if I am connected to MS SQL Server! The code is something like: int li_total Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total; I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the same code will work fine with SQL Anywere! Any help would be great!! Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax. Maybe something that works in SQL Anywhere. Anyway, it should be: Select count(*...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles