Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn

Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1
application talking to sql 2000 database.

Our applications has a ini file which includes the following
details
[Database]
DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
ServerName=TestServer
AutoCommit=true
Database=pubs
Lock=RL

In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these.
Please suggest

[Database]
DBMS=ODBC
AutoCommit=true
Database=pubs
Lock=RL

In powerbuilder the profile is created  using odbc dsn as
the datasource

The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But  when
I launch the application, I get following error

SQLState: 28000
SQL Server Error: 18452
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed
for user.
Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL SERVER connection

It asks for user id and password.
What script should be coded in powerbuilder 6.5.1 code.?
Please help
0
kavitha

Please do not crosspost

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

*
Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition
and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to
medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

*

iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

*

<kavitha> wrote in message news:40bef8ff.1106.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1
> application talking to sql 2000 database.
>
> Our applications has a ini file which includes the following
> details
> [Database]
> DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
> ServerName=TestServer
> AutoCommit=true
> Database=pubs
> Lock=RL
>
> In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these.
> Please suggest
>
> [Database]
> DBMS=ODBC
> AutoCommit=true
> Database=pubs
> Lock=RL
>
> In powerbuilder the profile is created  using odbc dsn as
> the datasource
>

> The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But  when
> I launch the application, I get following error
>
> SQLState: 28000
> SQL Server Error: 18452
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed
> for user.
> Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL SERVER connection
>
> It asks for user id and password.
> What script should be coded in powerbuilder 6.5.1 code.?
> Please help

0
Chris

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

PowerBuilder 6.5.1; MS SQL Server 7.0; ODBC; Text Column
PowerBuilder 6.5.1 ODBC MS SQL Server 7.0 Text Column I can't seem to insert a String with a length of 66,000 char to a Text Column. I get a to big (999) error I've change this in the pbodb60.ini PBMaxTextSize='2147483647' and I've added DBTextLimit='100000' to my SQLCA.DBParm Any Ideas? Best Regards, Adri�n Galv�n Adrian, Do you have this problem if you use the UpdateBlob statement as well, or just with Insert ? Sanjiv. "Adrian Galvan" <Nospam_agalvan@audisys.com> wrote in message news:40896004$1@forums-1-d...

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

need help
Hi there,     I am not sure if this is the right place to seek help for the problem i have but as i don't see any other link to discuss the situation i have i am just posting it here.  To explain a little bit about the project i am on..... Originally the  appication(developed in asp.net and vb) i am assigned to was developed by a different team and most of the databases  were on  SQL server 6.5 servers. So they have used oledb connections where ever they had to connect SQL server 6.5 data sources. Lately the client has moved a...

Connectivity of PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Server 7.0
Hi Guys, I need help regarding connectivity with PB 6.5 and SQL Ser. 7.0. I am getting an error message "DBMS MS Sql Server ... not supported in current installation' or 'Unable to load the requested database interface". I have required files for both the system and for PB i.e., NTWDBLIB.DLL PBMSS60.DLL but still i am not able to connect to the database. Please help. Regards, MS Check the sybase site, there is useful infor about the matter. Good Luck, Alessandro Barbieri "mahesh" <mahesh.shah@codecindia.com> wrote in message new...

to connect pb 6.5.1 to SQL SERVER 2000???
how can i to connect pb 6.5.1 to sql server 2000???? ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Your only options are the native and odbc interfaces. Aside from not supporting any new features, the native interface should work without any problems. "JORGE" <george_ariza@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zZ1ex8vlCHA.259@forums.sybase.com... > > how can i to connect pb 6.5.1 to sql server 2000???? > ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- > http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/grou...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Connecting to MS Sql server 2000 thru PowerBuilder 5.0
We're connecting to MS Sql server 6.5 from PowerBuilder 5.0 using a Native driver. We want to upgrade to MS Sql server 2000. Does the native driver in PB 5.0 for MS Sql Server 6.5 support MS Sql server 2000 also ?? If not , whether Sybase provide a native driver to connect MS Sql server 2000 from PB 5.0 ?? Thanks & Regards, Ravi. No, neither SQL7 nor SQL2000 is supported from PB5. Some people have got SQL7 to work (don't know about 2000), but mostly it won't, certainly for us it wouldn't. The best thing to do is try it and see whether you get problems w...

How connect PB 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000 with ODBC
Hi: I need to connect PB 6.5 with MS SQL Server 2000 with a ODBC connection, but they return this message: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range How i can do it? Thanks -- Francisco L�pez Keyhelp, S.L. Departamento de desarrollo PB 6.5 is too old as it's ODBC driver handshake is out-of-date compared to the one provided by Microsoft. "Keyhelp" <keyhelpNOSPAM@keyhelp(dot)net> wrote in message news:4369f838@forums-2-dub... > Hi: > > I need to connect PB 6.5 with MS SQL Server 2000 with...

Powerbuilder 9
Hi, I am trying to get connected to Microsoft SQL server 2000 using SSL, through the native driver (MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0). Unfortunately, the code I am supporting is such that I can't change to ODBC or OLEDB easily. Is there a way to set the native driver to communicate using SSL? I tried DBPARM=Encrypt=1 and many other similar combinations, but no luck so far. Thanks, Brian ...

connecting to visual fox pro (dbc) database using powerbuilder 6.5
I am using Microsoft Visual Fox pro driver to connect to visual Fox pro database (DBC) The connection is fine. But when I create a datawindow, I do not see the capability to create outer join between two tables in the datawindow painter. But If I connect to visual fox pro (dbf) using fox pro driver. I can create outer join in the datawindow The problem is with Fox Pro DBC. I would appreciate if some one helps on this issue Thanks subramanyam ...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles