powerbuilder 6.5 & Oracle 10

Hi, we have an app built by powerbuilder 6.5.1. Now we are
gonna miggrate from an Oracle 8 to an Oracle 10G database.
Anyone Knows if PB 651 can get connect with this version of
Oracle?
Do i need any new dll?
Thank you
0
marianux

It may not.  PB6.5 isn't supported anymore and if you see by this sybase
article, they start with PB8:

http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566

Sorry :(

--
Evita Chapa
Senior Systems Analyst II
<marianux> wrote in message news:4208c139.73d4.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi, we have an app built by powerbuilder 6.5.1. Now we are
> gonna miggrate from an Oracle 8 to an Oracle 10G database.
> Anyone Knows if PB 651 can get connect with this version of
> Oracle?
> Do i need any new dll?
> Thank you

0
EChapa

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

PowerBuilder 6.5 & Groupwise 5.5 on Windows 95
> I am having problems with my powerbuilder 6.5 email > application. All I want > to do is send emails out from my app to groupwise > 5.5 to email our list > server. The code I used worked perfectly with > Mircosoft Outlook but the > clients were developing the software for, use > Groupwise 5.5. The program I > developed doesnt come up with any errors when it > tries to communicate with > groupwise. I test for everything the log on to the > mail session and to check > to see if it has been sent and the return codes are > all ...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Powerbuilder 6.5 to 10.5 conversion
Is there a way to set drop down calender to checked during conversion on alle datawindows where the field is date and tab > 0? Or should I edit all datawindows and change the setting manually? Regards, Eric ...

PowerBuilder 10.5 & Oracle stored procedure
Dear All, Previously I did posted two problems regarding stored procedure with powerbuilder 10.5. During that time people gave different suggestions. But no one agreed that same issue simulated. But here is my observation: PowerBuilder 10.5 Build 4500 Oracle database Server: 9.2.0.1.0 Oracle Client installed 9.2.0.1.0 Driver used: "O90" or "O84" When I try to declare a procedure variable for a stored procedure in PB or If I select a stored procedure as data source for DW, the application getting killed. But the same works fine in the following environme...

PowerBuilder 6.5 on Oracle 8.1.6
I am new to this process. I am a user of a system involving a PowerBuilder 6.5 application which is currently working on data in Oracle 7.3.3. I have just learned from our Oracle DBA that I must ascertain whether this PowerBuilder 6.5 application will run on Oracle 8.1.6 because the organization is switching from Oracle 7.3.3 to Oracle 8.1.6 in the near future. Thus, I would greatly appreciate answers to the following queries: 1) Are there any known problems (inefficiencies, conflicts, inconsistencies, or incompatibilities) in using our older version of PowerBuilder on Or...

Powerbuilder 6.5 and Oracle 8.1.6
I developed a Powerbuilder 6.5 application which has been working great for the past 3 years. However, my client upgraded his database from Oracle 7.0 to Oracle 8.1.6 now his is getting an error about O84 not being supported. Are there dll's available for Powerbuilder 6.5 and Oracle 8.1.6? If so, where can I get them. I know that Powerbuilder 7.0 has dll's that can be delivered for Oracle 8.1.6 connections, but I don't want to have to migrate my application and rebuilt it. Can I just add the latest pbor**.dll and pbodbc.ini from Sybase to my application folder? I...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and Oracle 8.1.6
I'm a little out of the loop. We have PowerBuilder applications in 6.5 currently running with Oracle 7.3.4. We will be upgrading all Oracle to 8.1.6. We have heard that PowerBuilder 6.5 isn't supported with Oracle 8.1.6, but I haven't been able to confirm on Sybase website. I have seen a lot of problems listed in the newsgroups. 1. Is this true and 2. Do any of the releases support Oracle 8.1.6... like PowerBuilder 8.0? Katie For information on supported version , please look at : TechDoc # 1011566 Notice from Sybase to Customers: Support for Using PowerBuil...

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

Asc conversion Powerbuilder 6.5 to 10.5.1
In our original 6.5 encryption code we have the line: b = Asc (String(bl_byte)) Which works fine. It does not work at all in 10.5.1. So we used the code: b = Asc (String(bl_byte,EncodingAnsi!)) This works fine but is returning a different ASCII value. I have tried the different Encoding values and haven't got it to work. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Jeff I experienced a similar problem. Look at the AscA function instead. Brad "JTS" <jschulz@nrcan.gc.ca> wrote in message news:1167233913.298233.172280@n51g2000cwc.googlegroup...

Oracle 8.1.6 and Powerbuilder 6.5 Build 444.
I'm looking for the DLL powerbuilder allowing to connect me to a data base oracle 8.1.6. Could you tell me where DLL are available and how can install DLL. Thank you for your answer . You can get the O84 driver (for all versions of Oracle 804 and later) from the SDN: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1000818 I believe it will require you to upgrade to 651, which you can download from: http://download.sybase.com/esd/pbuilder_win_v651maint.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn ...

PowerBuilder Help file buggy in 6.0 & 6.5?
I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same with regards to help topics: Selecting "debugging, debug mode" from the Help Index I get a help page on "Modify PowerScript Function" Under debugging, there is no topic for Just in Time debugging. I have come across number of similar bad links in 6.0 which seem virtually unchanged in 6.5. If there are corrections, can I download them from Sybase site? Sumant Sahay On Tue, 01 Sep 1998 13:53:09 -0400, "Sumant Sahay" <sumant@airnet.com> wrote: >I am wondering if anyone else is exp...

Web resources about - powerbuilder 6.5 & Oracle 10 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles