PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF MSS Driver for Microsoft SQL Server 7

Here is the latest......

Author: Sybase Staff

If you wish to download the zip file containing the the updated PowerBuilder
MSS driver in PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF (Emergency But Fix) Builds 540 and later,
please visit this URL:
ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/mssnew/mssnew.zip.

The zip file contains the following files:

Mssnew.doc
Pbmss60.dll
Pbmss60w.dll
readme.txt

Please review the Mssnew.doc, which contains a list of the fixes (i.e., QTS
Change Requests) that were put into this new driver in addition to other
important information.

The readme.txt file includes the following information:

Beginning of readme.txt.

PB 6.5 EBF (Emergency Bug Fix)

NOTE: The PB 6.5 Maintenance Release is a requirement for anyone that wishes
to download this zip file.

The DLLs included in this zip file are pbmss60.dll (32-bit) and pbmss60w.dll
(16-bit) from PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF build 555. These are considered
pre-release DLLs, meaning they have only gone through minimal QA testing at
this point. If you decide to use these DLLs, it will be necessary for you to
retest your entire application.

To use these DLLs, rename the existing DLLs in the shared and deployment
directories, then add the new DLLs to the same directories.

These DLLs are considered an interim patch. However, they are deployable and
supported.

Question: What is meant by "supported"? Answer: If you encounter a
regression (i.e. something that worked previously and is now broken) as a
result of using these pre-release DLLs, please report the problem and
include the EBF build number that you are using. When a new EBF build is
available that addresses the regression, it will be necessary for you to
replace ALL of your EBF DLLs with the new set of EBF DLLs.

Normally PB Native Driver DLLs can be applied independently on top of PB
6.5. However, if you encounter a link or dependency problem indicating you
need to upgrade another DLL (you will receive an error message indicating
this problem usually including the name of the required DLL), it will be
necessary for you to download the following file and install ALL of the DLLs
contained in the zip file (using the same process described above):

ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/6555532.zip.
(32-bit)

and/or

ftp://psaft.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/6555516.zip (16-bit)

All EBF DLLs on your PC must come from the same EBF build number, otherwise,
unexpected/undesirable behavior will result.

Thank you,
PowerBuilder Product Support Engineering

P.S. This EBF will be included in a future 6.x maintenance release which you
are expected to upgrade to when it becomes GA (Generally Available).

End of readme.txt.

This zip file will stay in place until the next official PB 6.5 Maintenance
Release (timing unknown at this point). The zip file (dlls and readme.txt
file) will be updated on a weekly basis to indicate new EBF build numbers.

Chris Lasater
clasater@flash.net

0
chris

PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF MSS Driver for Microsoft SQL Server 7 #2
Here is the latest...... Author: Sybase Staff If you wish to download the zip file containing the the updated PowerBuilder MSS driver in PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF (Emergency But Fix) Builds 540 and later, please visit this URL: ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/mssnew/mssnew.zip. The zip file contains the following files: Mssnew.doc Pbmss60.dll Pbmss60w.dll readme.txt Please review the Mssnew.doc, which contains a list of the fixes (i.e., QTS Change Requests) that were put into this new driver in addition to other important information. The readme.txt...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Stored procedures,MSS Sql Server 7.0, and Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a stored procedure that performs an update of a table based upon two input values, a "char(12)" and an "int" type. When running this update inside SQL Server 7.0, it works. However, when I run it in my Powerbuilder application, I get the error "Invalid character value for cast specification", as though I have some data type compatability error. I checked my code and everything seems appropriately typed. Also, it seemed that when I was using SQL Server 6.5, everything worked fine. Any insights out there? There was a bug reported with numeric dat...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

How do i upgrade PowerBuilder 5.0's native driver for MS SQL Server 6.5?
If you have the 5.0.04 patches, you have the latest stuff that I know of. Tech Support might have something as a private EBF, but you would have to contact them directly to determine that. Are you having a particular problem with the drivers you have now? On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:38:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database A-B-C <a-b-c@163.net> wrote: > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.romac-sou...

Powerbuilder 6.5 and Sql server 7
Hi, I need some urgent help in the following issue. We have a powerbuilder 6.5 application which works great with sql server 6.5. Now we are testing the application in sql server 7 and I am running into problems when updating through datawindow. It gives a timestamp error. tsequal(timestamp, ).. it doesnt generate the timestamp id. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! Krishnan SQL Server changed the behavior of timestamps from 6.5 to 7.0 (You'll have to check the MS documentation for the details on this). If you could post the exac...

Powerbuilder and Microsoft SQL Server 6.5
I am having a problem with a application written in Powerbuilder version 5.0.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 with Service Pack 4. After using the application for a while I will get a DBProcess Dead error. Do I need to upgrade to 5.0.04? I noticed a newer PBMSS050.dll file. >I am having a problem with a application written in Powerbuilder >version 5.0.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 with Service Pack 4. After >using the application for a while I will get a DBProcess Dead error. Do >I need to upgrade to 5.0.04? I noticed a newer PBMSS050.dll file. You probably want to look...

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

Connectivity of PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Server 7.0
Hi Guys, I need help regarding connectivity with PB 6.5 and SQL Ser. 7.0. I am getting an error message "DBMS MS Sql Server ... not supported in current installation' or 'Unable to load the requested database interface". I have required files for both the system and for PB i.e., NTWDBLIB.DLL PBMSS60.DLL but still i am not able to connect to the database. Please help. Regards, MS Check the sybase site, there is useful infor about the matter. Good Luck, Alessandro Barbieri "mahesh" <mahesh.shah@codecindia.com> wrote in message new...

Powerbuilder Professional 7.0 Drivers for Microsoft SQL Server 2000
I have Sybase Powerbuilder Professional 7.0 applications using Sybase SQL 5.5 database. We will be migrating to Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database next month. I have to make all our applications access the new database server. Can Powerbuilder Professional 7.0 applications access Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database? Do those drivers exist in Powerbuilder Professional 7.0? I need to redefine datawindows. If not, where can I download and upgrade those drivers? ...

Powerbuilder Professional 7.0 Drivers for Microsoft SQL Server 2000
I have Sybase Powerbuilder Professional 7.0 applications using Sybase SQL 5.5 database. We will be migrating to Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database next month. I have to make all our applications access the new database server. Can Powerbuilder Professional 7.0 applications access Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database? Do those drivers exist in Powerbuilder Professional 7.0? I need to redefine datawindows. If not, where can I download and upgrade those drivers? vacula@puc.state.tx.us wrote... > I have Sybase Powerbuilder Professional 7.0 applications using > Sybase SQL 5.5 ...

PowerBuilder 5.0.04 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
I am having problems with a powerbuilder 5.0.04 application that uses pipeline objects. The only thing that has changed is the destination database has recently been upgraded from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0. We connect via ODBC. After upgrading to 7.0, we get the -4 error code (i.e. Table Not Found). Does anyone know if any new drivers are needed to support Microsoft SQL Server 7.0? Thanks, Victoria I am not sure but there is a 3.70 ODBC Driver from Microsoft. I am not sure the older driver works ok with MS 7.0. pv Victoria Kelsey wrote: > > I am having...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF MSS Driver for Microsoft SQL Server 7 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles