PowerBuilder 11.5 need to dynamically modify sql.ini Win 7 env

I Need to dynamically modify sql.ini file depending upon
database chosen by user, problem is in a windows 7
environment, how do I tell powerbuilder where a modifiable
sql.ini file is located since installation of
powerbuilder/sybase is in program files which is a
non-modifiable area.
0
Louise

MicroSoft SQL Server 7.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0 Compatibility--Urgent help needed
We currently have an PowerBuilder 5.0 application and use ODBC to communicate with an Oracle Database (7.03). We are migrating this application to SQL Server 7.0. We are receiving several errors when we try to run the application. Through datawindow painter on the PowerBuilder toolbar, the datawindow is successfully previewed and the data in the database is displayed. Our application has a window that contains only this datawindow. When we try to open the window through the application, we receive an error "Program Type Out of Range" and when the window is displayed the ...

SQL Anywhere 11 and PowerBuilder 11.5.1
Hello, since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the columns were declared as char(1)! PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can write unlimited characters. Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to char(0) by default? Thanks. ...

PowerBuilder 11.5.1 and SQL Anywhere 11
Hello, since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the columns were declared as char(1)! PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can write unlimited characters. Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to char(0) by default? Thanks. Ignore the dataset definition. I suspect your problem is with the Edit.limit the the painter defined for you on creation. Change this to the number you want, or 0 for unlimited, and I think you'll be back the the behaviour you're expecting. Good luck, Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten <Benjamin Pobel> wrote: > Hello, > > since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB > datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. > Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow > the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the > columns were declared as char(1)! > > PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is > only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can > write unlimited characters. > > Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to > char(0) by default? > >...

Powerbuilder 7.0 and Sql Anywhere 5.5
I have been having problems with my 5.5 Sql Anywhere database getting fatal database errors ever since I switched my application from Powerbuilder 5.0 to 7.0. Do you know of any known problems with this. If so, what can I do about it? Please advise Define fatal database errors? Do you mean assertions? If so, read http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1010805. /ck <Jim_Sacks> wrote in message news:1B0972BF2418D403004477D285256AF2.004477E185256AF2@webforums... > I have been having problems with my 5.5 Sql Anywhere database getting fatal > database errors ever since I s...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

PowerBuilder 11.5 and Windows 7
What is the current status of applications build with 11.5 functioning in Windows 7? I haven't really found anything other than documentation stating that PB12 will support Win7. Depends if you are asking 'is it supported' or 'does it run'. I have no inside knowledge but my guess is Official support will probably come in the next MR. The does it run question can only be answered by you testing your app. Vista and 7 introduced additional security restrictions on placement of updateable files and certain types of registry settings. "James Fisher"...

powerbuilder 7 and sql 7
How can I install the scripts needed to support MS-SQL shipped with powerbuilder? The ones supplied installs on sybase and oracle. thanks AFAIK MS SQL Server does not require any additional scripts. Can you clarify? /ck "Jose De Celis" <josedc@medicalcardsystem.com> wrote in message news:ROfjISKiBHA.167@forums.sybase.com... > How can I install the scripts needed to support MS-SQL shipped with > powerbuilder? > > The ones supplied installs on sybase and oracle. > > thanks > > No scripts are required to support MS-SQL...

PowerBuilder 5 & SQL 7 ?
I'm having to upgrade a PowerBuilder application from a SQL Anywhere 3.5 backend to a SQL Server 7.0 backend. I can't seem to get the PowerBuilder to recognize the newest Microsoft Driver. I think this is because it is looking for an older driver, possibly a 16 bit version. Does anyone know of a driver that can be used for this situation, or possibly, since I'm not that famaliar with PowerBuilder, what I could be doing wrong? Any suggestions appreciated. darren f. ...

Powerbuilder 6.5 and Sql server 7
Hi, I need some urgent help in the following issue. We have a powerbuilder 6.5 application which works great with sql server 6.5. Now we are testing the application in sql server 7 and I am running into problems when updating through datawindow. It gives a timestamp error. tsequal(timestamp, ).. it doesnt generate the timestamp id. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! Krishnan SQL Server changed the behavior of timestamps from 6.5 to 7.0 (You'll have to check the MS documentation for the details on this). If you could post the exact text of the error, or exactly what behavior you are seeing, as opposed to what you are expecting, that would be great. Also, you mention using tsequal(), so exactly in what context you are using this (or perhaps if it is a result of the "Where clause for Update/Delete" of the datawindow update properties and tsequal() is part of the error). Also, if you find that the timestamp is being generated on the back-end but not in the datawindow, and as a result the column never tests true for the WHERE clause, then make sure you have the column marked as an identity column in the dw update properties dialog. HTH -EGM <Krish> wrote in message news:8FE3C103A3C7A750004E3EC385256BBA.004E3EDA85256BBA@webforums... > > > > Hi, > > I need some urgent help in the following issue. > > We have a powerbuilder 6.5 application which works ...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Powerbuilder 7.0 and My SQL, MSDE database connection
Hi all Is it possible to connect My SQL database and Powerbuilder 7.0 Build 10312 application? If so what is the connection parameter? Also, Is it possible to connect MSDE Database and Powerbuilder 7.0 Build 10312 Application? If so what is the connection parameter for MSDE database? Is it any ODBC drivers need to be configured for the above said databases (My SQL and MSDE). Where could I get the ODBC drivers for My SQL database and MSDE database? also what is the installation procedure? Is there any special steps need to be followed to configure the My SQL or MSDE databases with the Powebuilder 7.0 Build 10312 application? TIA Rammurali Krishnan B Rammurali wrote: > Where could I get the ODBC drivers for My SQL database http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/3.51.html Dmitri. to connect to the MSSQL MSDE...use OLE DB as this is the supported database interface from MS. The connection parameter is the same as connecting to MS SQL Server. Here is a sample connection...that used SQL Authenication // Profile EDIS_OLE SQLCA.LogId = <username> SQLCA.LogPass = <password> SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.Lock = "RU" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB', DATASOURCE='" + ls_datasource + "', Initial Catalog='" + ls_database + "', PBCatalogOwner='dbo', DateTimeFormat=''\'yyyy-mm-dd hh...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Anywhere 7.0
Hello, I need to enable a newly purchased PC running Windows XP Professional to use PowerBuilder 6.5 and access an SQL Anywhere 7.0 networked database. I downloaded the lastest maintenance release for PB, and installed the ODBC driver for SQL 7.0. In PB, when I goto "Configure ODBC" there is no SQL Anywhere 7.0 listed. How can I get PB 6.5 to connect to an SQL Anywhere 7.0 database? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Have you installed the ASA7 client software? /ck <Chip_Evans> wrote in message news:62528A78773FB61F005556F185256BE4.005557168525...

SSRS SQL SERVER Reporting Service with Powerbuilder 11.5
Is there is any way that I can integrate SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Service) with an Existing Powerbuilder 11.5 application? We would like to show the predefined executive reports from SSRS when our application opens up as an DASHBOARD?. Any help appreciated. Thanks Ganesh ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and MS SQL 7.0 Connection
I'm facing a problem in connecting powerbuilder 6.5 to MS SQL 7.0 on 'Windows ME' when i try to connect to database it creates the connection without giving any error but when i try to see the tables in database painter or anywhere else it does'nt show me the tables and gives me error "SQLSTATE = S1003 [ODBC][SQLSERVER]Program type out of range" i've formatted my hard disk and again installed 'Windows ME' and other required softwares but the problem is still there, any suggessition would be worth for me. Thanks Saqib Sardar What build of...

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

MS SQL Server 7.0 and PowerBuilder 5.03
We have been battling a data transfer bug with SQL Server 7.0 where Microsoft's transfer manager is failing to transfer all objects to a data base. After completing one such transfer, we are having problems getting the PowerBuilder development environment to recognize table structures. My theory is that Microsoft has inadvertantly tossed some stored procedures used by PowerBuilder. My on-line PB documentation says that no scripts need to be run on SQL Server 6.5 because PB uses the system catalogs for its information. How about SQL Server 7.0? Are there any scripts I need to r...

Powerbuilder 5.0.4 and migrating to SQL 7.0
We will be migrating from SQL 6.5 to 7.0. Does this require a recompile of Powerbuilder applications, or just pointing to the new (7.0) database in the .ini file? Any other suggestion and/or hints would be greatly appreciated. PB5 will not work with SQL 7.0. One person has said they got it working fine but the general experience, and Sybase's position, is that you need to upgrade to PB6.5 or 7.0 Simon Dan Wolterink <wolterink@dearborn.com> wrote in message news:IxnyP3#n$GA.299@forums.sybase.com... > We will be migrating from SQL 6.5 to 7.0. Does this require...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and Informix Dynamic Server 7.3
Hi all! My question is: I have a problem, which my installation of PowerBuilder 6.5 in a Windows NT, when I modify any SQL Select in a datawindow, i receive a Select Error! and no more information, and the solution is close PowerBuilder and open again. This is my environment: - PowerBuilder 6.5 - Windows NT service pack 4 - Informix Client SDK 2.40 (About Setnet32 -> Informix ESQL 9.30 2.40.TC1) - Informix Dynamic Server 7.30.UC5X5 Thanks. Josep Martorell Barcelona (SPAIN) pmartorell@mail.cambrabcn.es www.cambrabcn.es ...

Error calling GetUserNameA win API from PowerBuilder 11.5
I have declared a global external function GetUserNameA for advapi32.dll in powerbuilder 11.5. Then i am trying to call this function from application open event. When cintrol comes to calling GetUserNameA, application fails with null object reference. Why is my pb aplication not able to recognise this win wrapper function? Pls help with ur suggestions. Is there any settings are code that I am missing? You want to use the unicode version; GetUserNameW On 23/11/2010 1:00 PM, sapna wrote: > I have declared a global external function GetUserNameA for > advapi32.dll in powe...

Connectivity of PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Server 7.0
Hi Guys, I need help regarding connectivity with PB 6.5 and SQL Ser. 7.0. I am getting an error message "DBMS MS Sql Server ... not supported in current installation' or 'Unable to load the requested database interface". I have required files for both the system and for PB i.e., NTWDBLIB.DLL PBMSS60.DLL but still i am not able to connect to the database. Please help. Regards, MS Check the sybase site, there is useful infor about the matter. Good Luck, Alessandro Barbieri "mahesh" <mahesh.shah@codecindia.com> wrote in message new...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the trigger (such as Message), but kept getting syntax error messages about the end of line. I presumed that this related to the position of the ';' character, but wasn't able to get it working no matter where I placed this termination character. I next tried to create the following trigger, which is a modified version of an example right out of a Sybase SQL Manual (section 20.4.1 Creating Triggers, page 225): create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin declare err_usr_error exception for sqlstate '99999'; if new_inventory.product_code > 5106 then signal err_usr_error; end if; end This issued the following errors: Line 5, SQLSTATE = 37000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Syntax error: syntax error near '(end of line)' Line 7, SQLSTATE = 37000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Syntax error: near &...

Connection problem with PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to MS SQL 7
Hello, I am having a problem connecting PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to MS SQL 7. The application connects fine. The problem is when I try to create a new datawindow with a stored procedure on SQL 7. I can view all the names of the stored procedures but I can't see any of the code. I am using the odbc driver 3.07.08.20 . When I try to look at the stored procedures I get the message 'The database does not currently support retrieval of procedure text.' Everything worked fine in SQL 6.5. any help appreciated, Bruce ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- ht...