PowerBuilder 10.5 & Oracle stored procedure - for ur confi.

Dear All,

Previously I did posted two problems regarding stored
procedure with powerbuilder 10.5. During that time people
gave different suggestions. But no one agreed that same
issue simulated.

But here is my observation:

PowerBuilder 10.5 Build 4500
Oracle database Server: 9.2.0.1.0
Oracle Client installed 9.2.0.1.0
Driver used: "O90" or "O84"

When I try to declare a procedure variable for a stored
procedure in PB or If I select a stored procedure as data
source for DW, the application getting killed. But the same
works fine in the following environment:

PowerBuilder 10.5 Build 4500
Oracle database Server: 9.2.0.1.0
Oracle Client installed: 10.2.0.1.0
Driver used: "O90" or "O10"

Plse let me know the whether my observation is correct or
not.

Thanks & Regards,
Anbazhagan
0
Anbazhagan
2/19/2007 7:33:01 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.database 9855 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Does your stored procedure take any arguments?  If not, there was an
Oracle bug in the 9.2 client, which I believe was fixed around the
9.2.0.6 time frame.  Given your observations below, I think you'd
agree that's the only variable here as well.  I would download the
latest 9.2 patches from Oracle and give it another shot.

On 18 Feb 2007 23:33:01 -0800, Anbazhagan wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>Previously I did posted two problems regarding stored
>procedure with powerbuilder 10.5. During that time people
>gave different suggestions. But no one agreed that same
>issue simulated.
>
>But here is my observation:
>
>PowerBuilder 10.5 Build 4500
>Oracle database Server: 9.2.0.1.0
>Oracle Client installed 9.2.0.1.0
>Driver used: "O90" or "O84"
>
>When I try to declare a procedure variable for a stored
>procedure in PB or If I select a stored procedure as data
>source for DW, the application getting killed. But the same
>works fine in the following environment:
>
>PowerBuilder 10.5 Build 4500
>Oracle database Server: 9.2.0.1.0
>Oracle Client installed: 10.2.0.1.0
>Driver used: "O90" or "O10"
>
>Plse let me know the whether my observation is correct or
>not.
>
>Thanks & Regards,
>Anbazhagan
0
Jim
2/19/2007 5:47:17 PM
Thanks a Lot Jim,

My procedure does not took any argument. But same procedure
works fine in SQL * Plus environment without any error.

Thanks for ur Info...

Regards
Anbazhagan
> Does your stored procedure take any arguments?  If not,
> there was an Oracle bug in the 9.2 client, which I believe
> was fixed around the 9.2.0.6 time frame.  Given your
> observations below, I think you'd agree that's the only
> variable here as well.  I would download the latest 9.2
> patches from Oracle and give it another shot.
>

> On 18 Feb 2007 23:33:01 -0800, Anbazhagan wrote:
>
> >Dear All,
> >
> >Previously I did posted two problems regarding stored
> >procedure with powerbuilder 10.5. During that time people
> >gave different suggestions. But no one agreed that same
> >issue simulated.
> >
> >But here is my observation:
> >
> >PowerBuilder 10.5 Build 4500
> >Oracle database Server: 9.2.0.1.0
> >Oracle Client installed 9.2.0.1.0
> >Driver used: "O90" or "O84"
> >
> >When I try to declare a procedure variable for a stored
> >procedure in PB or If I select a stored procedure as data
> >source for DW, the application getting killed. But the
> same >works fine in the following environment:
> >
> >PowerBuilder 10.5 Build 4500
> >Oracle database Server: 9.2.0.1.0
> >Oracle Client installed: 10.2.0.1.0
> >Driver used: "O90" or "O10"
> >
> >Plse let me know the whether my observation is correct or
> >not.
> >
> >Thanks & Regards,
> >Anbazhagan
0
Anbazhagan
2/20/2007 6:26:08 AM
SQLPlus does not use the same OCI client layer APIs that PowerBuilder
does, so it's not always a valid test.

On 19 Feb 2007 22:26:08 -0800, Anbazhagan wrote:

>Thanks a Lot Jim,
>
>My procedure does not took any argument. But same procedure
>works fine in SQL * Plus environment without any error.
>
>Thanks for ur Info...
>
>Regards
>Anbazhagan
>> Does your stored procedure take any arguments?  If not,
>> there was an Oracle bug in the 9.2 client, which I believe
>> was fixed around the 9.2.0.6 time frame.  Given your
>> observations below, I think you'd agree that's the only
>> variable here as well.  I would download the latest 9.2
>> patches from Oracle and give it another shot.
>>

>> On 18 Feb 2007 23:33:01 -0800, Anbazhagan wrote:
>>
>> >Dear All,
>> >
>> >Previously I did posted two problems regarding stored
>> >procedure with powerbuilder 10.5. During that time people
>> >gave different suggestions. But no one agreed that same
>> >issue simulated.
>> >
>> >But here is my observation:
>> >
>> >PowerBuilder 10.5 Build 4500
>> >Oracle database Server: 9.2.0.1.0
>> >Oracle Client installed 9.2.0.1.0
>> >Driver used: "O90" or "O84"
>> >
>> >When I try to declare a procedure variable for a stored
>> >procedure in PB or If I select a stored procedure as data
>> >source for DW, the application getting killed. But the
>> same >works fine in the following environment:
>> >
>> >PowerBuilder 10.5 Build 4500
>> >Oracle database Server: 9.2.0.1.0
>> >Oracle Client installed: 10.2.0.1.0
>> >Driver used: "O90" or "O10"
>> >
>> >Plse let me know the whether my observation is correct or
>> >not.
>> >
>> >Thanks & Regards,
>> >Anbazhagan
0
Jim
2/20/2007 2:46:54 PM
FWIW - I had tried using an Oracle 9 client - 9.2.something.  It didn't work
for me.  Although to be fair - I did not spend much time on it.  However - I
spent about the same amount of time trying to get the Oracle 10 client to
work.  It did work for me - so I really didn't care about the Oracle 9
client.  With the Oracle 10 client - there is the instant client available.
We have been now using this in production for about 9 months now - no
problems with the database connection.
Unless you have a reason that you want to use the Oracle 9 client - I would
say - why bother?  If the Oracle 10 client is working better for you - just
stick with that.  Currently in production, we are running PB 10.5 (GA -
build 4523), Oracle Instant Client - Basic Lite 10.2.0.1, Oracle Server
9.2.0.4 and using the PB Native Oracle driver o10.

Tim.

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_@_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
> SQLPlus does not use the same OCI client layer APIs that PowerBuilder
> does, so it's not always a valid test.
>
> On 19 Feb 2007 22:26:08 -0800, Anbazhagan wrote:
>
>>Thanks a Lot Jim,
>>
>>My procedure does not took any argument. But same procedure
>>works fine in SQL * Plus environment without any error.
>>
>>Thanks for ur Info...
>>
>>Regards
>>Anbazhagan
>>> Does your stored procedure take any arguments?  If not,
>>> there was an Oracle bug in the 9.2 client, which I believe
>>> was fixed around the 9.2.0.6 time frame.  Given your
>>> observations below, I think you'd agree that's the only
>>> variable here as well.  I would download the latest 9.2
>>> patches from Oracle and give it another shot.

>>> same >works fine in the following environment:

0
Timothy

powerbuilder 6.5 & Oracle 10
Hi, we have an app built by powerbuilder 6.5.1. Now we are gonna miggrate from an Oracle 8 to an Oracle 10G database. Anyone Knows if PB 651 can get connect with this version of Oracle? Do i need any new dll? Thank you It may not. PB6.5 isn't supported anymore and if you see by this sybase article, they start with PB8: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 Sorry :( -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <marianux> wrote in message news:4208c139.73d4.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, we have an app built by powerbuilder 6.5.1. N...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Impact Analysis Powerbuilder & Tables & Stored Procedures
I have 2 datamodels: One with tables & stored procedures One with datawindows & nvos I want to do an impact analysis against a table and list all the datawindows and stored procedures that call it. Is this possible? Thank you Worst case is you can create your own relationships using the Extended Dependency. Those can be created between any objects ( i think ). So at a minimum you can build them. Is there some way to do this automatically, I don't know. There's always VBScript if nothing else. To do IA you need to link the objects. Here is how you can do it. ...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

ORACLE Stored Procedures in PowerBuilder
I am trying to pass a dynamic procedure name and dynamic number of arguments to a DECLARE and EXECUTE (procedurename) statement within Powerbuilder 6.5. The name and number of arguments are stored on a table and they are syntactically extracted into variables. Any suggestions? ...

Character set problem Oracle 10g/EAServer 5.3/Powerbuilder 10.5/JSP
Hello! Web development: JSP/Java servlets/PB Components I'm having quite some problems with my character sets... Here is how our system is set up Oracle 10g (10.2.0), NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 Client PC XP Pro, NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 EAServer codeset utf8 Connection cache: utf-8 JSP charset: <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=windows-1252" %> I've tried all sort of combinations, all utf-8 (a part form the database), all windows-1252, ... But nothing seems to work, especially with the � sign... And when I put all utf-...

PowerBuilder 10.5.2 does not connect to Oracle 10.0.2 Windows 64-Bit...
Hi! I am trying to connect to Oracle 64-Bit from Powerbuilder 10.5.2(both from IDE & Runtime)-Windows. I am not able to connect to the Database , error message prompted is as follows:- "Oracle library oci.dll could not be loaded." Timely responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Do you have 32-bit Oracle client installed? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <ckp.fahm@gmail.com> wrote i...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Powerbuilder 10.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01BA_01C7987A.BC697B50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One of our customer has Oracle 7.3 Server ; sinc PB 10.5 has not support = for Oracle < 8 we used a workaround using Oracle Client v.8 ; it works fine with a big problem: we cannot select = more than 32 columns in a select. We obtain an error : ORA-01001: invalid cursor=20 Could anyone help me, with any workaround, or configuration to change to = allow out application work properly ? ...

Powerbuilder Cursor & Stored Procedure
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder 9.0, I have some queries Can anyone tell what maximum number of rows a curosor can hold? Is there a way to specify maximum limit a cursor can hold in powerbuilder 9.0? will it better to use the query from which cursor is built, to create a stored procedure. also what maximum number of rows a stored procedure can hold? Please give me advise on use of stored proc Vs. Cursor The size of a cursor is driven by the number of rows that the underlying query returns. Cursors are "server-side" implementations - PowerBuilder runs on the client, ...

Using Oracle Stored Procedures in Powerbuilder
I need to populate a datawindow using an Oracle stored procedure. I went through various faxline documents and found that the PBDBMS.put_line option was not useful in my case, as I was going to return multiple result sets based on cursor processing. I took the suggested option of creating a package which had a stored procedure which was returning various output variables of type table. The output variables correspond to each column of the datawindow. I will have to define the procedure as an RPC in the transaction object. I am having a problem with this. When I go into Local external f...

Executing oracle stored procedures from powerbuilder
Hi all We have a thin-client application written in powerbuilder with all the processing (add,update,delete etc) in Sybase stored procedures. We are currently porting this app to Oracle 8.1.6. We use the following syntax to execute stored procs for sybase Declare instance variables: DECLARE ptKitAdd PROCEDURE FOR @RC = p_KitAdd_p @OrgId = :OrgId, @ProductId = :ProductId, @KitID = :is_kitid, @Note = :is_notename, @Letter = :is_letter, @paper = :is_paper, @inTS = :id_TS ; In script for add button: ...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 10.5 & Oracle stored procedure - for ur confi. - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles