Powerbuilder 10.5 - MS SQL Server 2000

I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and
it gives me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current
installation."

Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native DLLs
from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do I use
OLEDB Drivers for this ?
0
ADuvvuru

try using this...
SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC"
SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
SQLCA.DBParm =
"ConnectString='Server=server1;UID=username;PWD=pass;Driver=SQL
Server;Database=dbname'"

hope this help
mike

<ADuvvuru> wrote in message news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and
> it gives me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current
> installation."
>
> Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native DLLs
> from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do I use
> OLEDB Drivers for this ?

0
Michael
8/10/2007 6:06:50 AM
<ADuvvuru> wrote in message news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and
> it gives me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current
> installation."
>
> Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native DLLs
> from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do I use
> OLEDB Drivers for this ?

It has been discussed MANY times in the newsgroups.  The MSS driver is no
longer provided after for versions after PB 9.  You will need to migrate to
another interface.  OLE DB is often used, as is ODBC.  You can find MANY
examples of the connection settings for both in the newgroups.

0
Scott
8/10/2007 12:20:03 PM
Although, FWIW, the SNC is introduced in PB 11.  The MSS driver was
based on Microsoft's very old DBLIB layer.  The new SNC driver is
based on their new native driver.

On 10 Aug 2007 05:20:03 -0700, "Scott Morris" <bogus@bogus.com> wrote:

><ADuvvuru> wrote in message news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase.com...
>>I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and
>> it gives me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current
>> installation."
>>
>> Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native DLLs
>> from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do I use
>> OLEDB Drivers for this ?
>
>It has been discussed MANY times in the newsgroups.  The MSS driver is no
>longer provided after for versions after PB 9.  You will need to migrate to
>another interface.  OLE DB is often used, as is ODBC.  You can find MANY
>examples of the connection settings for both in the newgroups.

0
Bruce
8/10/2007 2:26:53 PM
If I go with ODBC ours is a fat client app. Do we need to
configure ODBC on all user machines ? Please advice.

Thanks much.

> Although, FWIW, the SNC is introduced in PB 11.  The MSS
> driver was based on Microsoft's very old DBLIB layer.  The
> new SNC driver is based on their new native driver.
>
> On 10 Aug 2007 05:20:03 -0700, "Scott Morris"
> <bogus@bogus.com> wrote:
>
> ><ADuvvuru> wrote in message
> news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase.com... >>I am trying
> to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and >> it gives
> me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current >>
> installation." >>
> >> Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native
> DLLs >> from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do
> I use >> OLEDB Drivers for this ?
> >
> >It has been discussed MANY times in the newsgroups.  The
> MSS driver is no  >longer provided after for versions
> after PB 9.  You will need to migrate to  >another
> interface.  OLE DB is often used, as is ODBC.  You can
> find MANY  >examples of the connection settings for both
> in the newgroups.  >

0
ADuvvuru
8/10/2007 2:42:51 PM
And as a side note, the technology used by the native driver was feature
frozen in MSS 6.5. If using the native driver you could only uses the
features in MSS that could be accessed using the MSS 6.5 client. For
example, varchar was limited to 255 characters but the MSS 2000 supports
varchar > 255

Scott Morris wrote:
> <ADuvvuru> wrote in message news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and
>> it gives me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current
>> installation."
>>
>> Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native DLLs
>> from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do I use
>> OLEDB Drivers for this ?
>
> It has been discussed MANY times in the newsgroups.  The MSS driver is no
> longer provided after for versions after PB 9.  You will need to migrate to
> another interface.  OLE DB is often used, as is ODBC.  You can find MANY
> examples of the connection settings for both in the newgroups.

0
Chris
8/10/2007 6:49:49 PM
no you dont need to configure anything in the client WS if your using this
con. string
SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC"
SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
SQLCA.DBParm =
"ConnectString='Server=server1;UID=username;PWD=pass;Driver=SQLServer;Database=dbname'"

you have to configure the WorkStation if your using this script,
// Profile sav8_3_phonebook
SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC"
SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=phonebook;UID=userid;PWD=password'"

<ADuvvuru> wrote in message news:46bc796b.2851.1681692777@sybase.com...
> If I go with ODBC ours is a fat client app. Do we need to
> configure ODBC on all user machines ? Please advice.
>
> Thanks much.
>
>> Although, FWIW, the SNC is introduced in PB 11.  The MSS
>> driver was based on Microsoft's very old DBLIB layer.  The
>> new SNC driver is based on their new native driver.
>>
>> On 10 Aug 2007 05:20:03 -0700, "Scott Morris"
>> <bogus@bogus.com> wrote:
>>
>> ><ADuvvuru> wrote in message
>> news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase.com... >>I am trying
>> to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and >> it gives
>> me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current >>
>> installation." >>
>> DLLs >> from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do
>> I use >> OLEDB Drivers for this ?
>> >
>> >It has been discussed MANY times in the newsgroups.  The
>> MSS driver is no  >longer provided after for versions
>> after PB 9.  You will need to migrate to  >another
>> interface.  OLE DB is often used, as is ODBC.  You can
>> find MANY  >examples of the connection settings for both
>> in the newgroups.  >

0
Michael
8/11/2007 1:40:55 AM
Good point.  I know that I switched one of my clients to OLEDB a while ago
because of the 255 character limitation with char fields.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Branick Consulting, Inc.

"Chris Keating (Sybase iAnywhere)" <keating_spam_free@ianywhere.com> wrote
in message news:46bcb34d$1@forums-1-dub...
> And as a side note, the technology used by the native driver was feature
> frozen in MSS 6.5. If using the native driver you could only uses the
> features in MSS that could be accessed using the MSS 6.5 client. For
> example, varchar was limited to 255 characters but the MSS 2000 supports
> varchar > 255
>
> Scott Morris wrote:
>> <ADuvvuru> wrote in message news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase.com...
>>> I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and
>>> it gives me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current
>>> installation."
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native DLLs
>>> from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do I use
>>> OLEDB Drivers for this ?
>>
>> It has been discussed MANY times in the newsgroups.  The MSS driver is no
>> longer provided after for versions after PB 9.  You will need to migrate
>> to another interface.  OLE DB is often used, as is ODBC.  You can find
>> MANY examples of the connection settings for both in the newgroups.

0
Larry

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

PowerBuilder 10 and SQL SERVER 2000
I have a strange issue. I have many windows in my application that uses Master Detail. When adding a new record to the master and the detail datawindows and then saving the indenity column in the master record is supposed to be added to the detail datawindow and saved as well. I use the pfc_linkage service and on updatestart of the detail datawindow get the ID of the row in the Master datawindow and add that to the new row in the detail datawindow. This works for all my applications since PB 5 and any PB10 application running on a XP client. On the Windows 2000 client the Master...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Connection of PowerBuilder 10 to Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Hello, I use PowerBuilder 10.2.1 (Build 9557), Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and OLE DB connection. I have a datawindow using Store Procedure to retrieve. After retrieving the datawindow, I have a SQL statement fetching loop, and I will call another store procedure in the looping. Once the datawindow with store procedure is retrieved, another store procedure cannot be executed in the SQL cursor fetching loop. The sqlerrtext message is that "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode.". Howev...

need help
Hi there,     I am not sure if this is the right place to seek help for the problem i have but as i don't see any other link to discuss the situation i have i am just posting it here.  To explain a little bit about the project i am on..... Originally the  appication(developed in asp.net and vb) i am assigned to was developed by a different team and most of the databases  were on  SQL server 6.5 servers. So they have used oledb connections where ever they had to connect SQL server 6.5 data sources. Lately the client has moved a...

Powerbuilder 11.5, SQL Server Native Client 10 TrimSpaces
Would anybody happen to know about or have heard anything about any issues with Powerbuilder 11.5 and SQL Server Native Client 10 where the TrimSpaces=1 dbparm option does not work as supposed to? The documentation says it's supposed to trim trailing spaces from char and varchar types if this is set to 1 but it doesn't seem to work for me. This apparently used to be the default behavior for Powerbuilder 9 and SQL Server 7 but it is no longer working that way for Powerbuilder 11.5 and SQL Server Native Client 10. Does anybody know how I can get this behavior to work as it did ...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I get ...

How do you setup a database connection profile for Microsoft SQL Server 2000 in PB 10.5?
Sorry for my ignorance. tia, chance. ok just answered my own question http://chance.pbdjmagazine.com/how_to_connect_to_microsoft_sql_server_2000.htm "chance" <chance@crwmail.com> wrote in message news:44314cc9@forums-2-dub... > Sorry for my ignorance. > tia, > chance. > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C65723.A16C77B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Question though, what is the proper value for Provider MSDASQL seems t...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I ge...

Migrating SQL Server anywhere 5.5.04 to SQL Server 2000
Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find any useful information about this ie known problems, processes etc. Thanks Chris wrote: > Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to > find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL > Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find > any useful information about this ie known problems, > processes etc. If you already have a solution on SA 5 (now ASA), why are yo...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

PB 6.5 -> 10.5 Migration (SQL SERVER 2000)
After migration my application is not able to connect to sql server 2000. The code inside the PB 6.5 connection to sql server is choose case sqlca.dbms case "mss - microsoft sql server 6.0" sqlca.logid = trim(sle_username.text) sqlca.logpass = trim(sle_password.text) CONNECT using SQLCA ; ** The sqlca.dbms is read from an ini file [DataBase1] Dbms=MSS - Microsoft SQL Server 6.0 LogId= LogPassword= PowerBuilder;LANGUAGE=us_english' AutoCommit=FALSE Any thoughts/suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks Shamim read up on OLE-DB ...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 10.5 - MS SQL Server 2000 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles