PowerBuilder 10 and SQL SERVER 2000

I have a strange issue.  I have many windows in my
application that uses Master Detail.  When adding a new
record to the master and the detail datawindows and then
saving the indenity column in the master record is supposed
to be added to the detail datawindow and saved as well.  I
use the pfc_linkage service and on updatestart of the detail
datawindow get the ID of the row in the Master datawindow
and add that to the new row in the detail datawindow.  This
works for all my applications since PB 5 and any PB10
application running on a XP client.  On the Windows 2000
client the Master datawindow gives me a null value for the
identity column after updating the record.

I hope this makes sense.
0
Scott

I have not seen this but assume it's a database driver issue. You're
probably using the oledb driver.  Have you tried tracing (trace ole) to see
what is being sent to the database on the w2k machine?  I'd really recommend
contacting support and opening a case.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Branick Consulting, Inc.

<Scott Mintz> wrote in message news:43d153c1.3472.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I have a strange issue.  I have many windows in my
> application that uses Master Detail.  When adding a new
> record to the master and the detail datawindows and then
> saving the indenity column in the master record is supposed
> to be added to the detail datawindow and saved as well.  I
> use the pfc_linkage service and on updatestart of the detail
> datawindow get the ID of the row in the Master datawindow
> and add that to the new row in the detail datawindow.  This
> works for all my applications since PB 5 and any PB10
> application running on a XP client.  On the Windows 2000
> client the Master datawindow gives me a null value for the
> identity column after updating the record.
>
> I hope this makes sense.

0
Larry
1/25/2006 3:22:39 PM
Larry Thanks for the response but I have found the problem.
It is with the runtime DLL's for PB 10.21.  When I use the
new PB*.Dll (Dated 10/2005) the issue happens.  When I use
the 10.2.0 PB*.DLL (Dated 05/2005) the application works
correctly.  In development it is not an issue only when
running the deployed application.  I am very surprised that
this issue has not been seen by other users?

> I have not seen this but assume it's a database driver
> issue. You're  probably using the oledb driver.  Have you
> tried tracing (trace ole) to see  what is being sent to
> the database on the w2k machine?  I'd really recommend
> contacting support and opening a case.
>
> --
>
> Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> Branick Consulting, Inc.
> www.branick-inc.com
> EAServer & PowerBuilder Consulting & Training
> EAServer and PowerBuilder Computer Based Training Courses
>

> <Scott Mintz> wrote in message
> news:43d153c1.3472.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have a
> > strange issue.  I have many windows in my application
> > that uses Master Detail.  When adding a new record to
> > the master and the detail datawindows and then saving
> > the indenity column in the master record is supposed to
> > be added to the detail datawindow and saved as well.  I
> use the pfc_linkage service and on updatestart of the
> > detail datawindow get the ID of the row in the Master
> > datawindow and add that to the new row in the detail
> > datawindow.  This works for all my applications since PB
> > 5 and any PB10 application running on a XP client.  On
> > the Windows 2000 client the Master datawindow gives me a
> > null value for the identity column after updating the
> record. >
> > I hope this makes sense.

0
Scott

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

Connection of PowerBuilder 10 to Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Hello, I use PowerBuilder 10.2.1 (Build 9557), Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and OLE DB connection. I have a datawindow using Store Procedure to retrieve. After retrieving the datawindow, I have a SQL statement fetching loop, and I will call another store procedure in the looping. Once the datawindow with store procedure is retrieved, another store procedure cannot be executed in the SQL cursor fetching loop. The sqlerrtext message is that "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode.". Howev...

Powerbuilder 10.5
I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and it gives me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current installation." Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native DLLs from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do I use OLEDB Drivers for this ? try using this... SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Server=server1;UID=username;PWD=pass;Driver=SQL Server;Database=dbname'" hope this help mike <ADuvvuru> wrote in message news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase....

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

Connectivity of Sql Server With Powerbuilder 10
As I gone through the Powerbuilder10 manual,it has been mentioned that Powerbuilder10 has not provided Interface with Microsoft SQL Server, althrough We have connected our application with the help of ODBC,but the problem is that it again & again asking for the database connectivity and it won't be possible to the user to enter the information again & again as far as the large Application is concerned. So is there any other way to connect the application with MS sql Server. Thanks Ajit Prasad ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_...

powerbuilder connection to sql server 2000
Hi everyone, when I try to connect to our sql server 2000 db i get this error message. SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range. How do I fix this. Mark ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp I'll have to guess, since you didn't provide the info, but you must be using a rather old version of PB (i.e., 6.5 or earlier). MS updated ODBC to support additional datatypes and PB was updated to support them subsequently. On 30 Dec 2004 17:26:32 -0800, "mark" &l...

Powerbuilder 8 and SQL Server 2000
We have loaded Powerbuilder 8 on a XP machine that contains SQL Server 2000 client software (active connection). According to the Powerbuilder documentation, I should be prompted at installation time to indicate whether I wish to load the SQL Server 2000 native database driver. However, I receive no such prompt at installation, and the pbmss80.dll is not installed on my machine. What am I doing wrong? What edition of PowerBuilder are you installing? Desktop and Professional do not have the native driver options. On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:28:50 -0500, Betsy_Holt wrote: >We...

SQL Server 2000 and PowerBuilder 6
What can I do to work in PowerBuilder 6 with Microsoft SQL Server 2000, when the error 'SQLSTATE=S1003 - Program type out of range' is apear? (I try connect to a MS SQL Server through ODBC 3.5 and connection is succesfull, but when i try retrieve a datawindow, this error is apear.) Thanks ...

Restoring a SQL Server 2005 database into SQL Server 2000
Hey guys  We currenlty have SQL Server 2000 installed inhouse for testing.  A client has given us a backup of their 2005 database and i'm wondering if the restore will work into 2000, or any issues i should be aware of. Should i just install msde locally on my machine and restore the database?  thanks Hi,Ask your client to backup database as 2000 format. There is an option for this in Microsoft SQL Server Managment Studio. Then download MSSMSE and install for yourself and try to restore database from it.If database doesn't use any 2005 features (rowcount for exampl...

How migrate SQL server 2000 database to SQL Server 2005 Express
I  have a  SQL server 2000 database.I have to migrate it to SQL Server 2005 Express.But I don't know how to do. Is any one can help me ? Thanks You can detach the database using sp_detach_db and then re-attach it to your SSE instance using sp_attach_db.  This should work seamlessly, but back up first, just in case.Adam MachanicSQL Server MVP...

compatibility of Powerbuilder 9 with SQL server 2000
can anyone provide me documentation were PB9 SQL server2000 compatibility is captured in detail? What you mean? PB9 is working just fine with SQL Server 2000. If you want to see some thing which are specific to Microsoft SQL Server - like DBPARAm and e.t.c just search for Microsoft SQL Server in PB9 Help "Anthony" <quoter1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42c14956@forums-1-dub... > can anyone provide me documentation were PB9 SQL server2000 compatibility > is > captured in detail? > > > ...

PowerBuilder & MS SQL Server 2000
We have an application that we would like to implement using PB 8.x as the front end and MS SQL Server 2000 as the backend. Just wondering how homogenous the two really are. I have searched through some of the old messages in the PB general newsgroup in Google and I see instances of "this doesn't work here and this doesn't work there". Of course, a newsgroup like this is where you would get such messages. I know there are people that use it (SQL Server 2000) with PB. I'm just wondering how much, and with what degree of success? Will anyone take a guess as...

SQL Server 2005 error when trying to connect to sql server 2000 database
Hi all.I am working on asp.net 2.0 with back end as sqlserver 2000. but when trying to connect to the database i am getting the following error displayed An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 10 and SQL SERVER 2000 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles