PowerBuilde10 Does not Work with Oracle 10G NET...

Please help if you know of a way to connect to Oracle 10G Net installed with
PowerBuilder10.  I'm not able to connect to it using the 10G Net.  It works
OK with 9i Oracle Net.  Thanks

0
Binh

PowerBuilder 9.0.2 native Oracle driver for Oracle 10g database
We are migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder 9.0.2 application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder Oracle 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down, but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with Oracle 8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to connect from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database? We have tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0 client. I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we do not have support...

how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can i use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & VS 2.0
 Hi all, Can any one tell me how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can I use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & vs 2.0. , for implement this is it compulsory to install oracle 10g server on the same machine on which I'm implementing this task  or otherwise i can use  other system as a server (like remote login or client server)  Hi,You should have the Oracle 10g Server or Client In your machine.In Case Client is in your Machine then Server Must be somewhere,that is enough to use.I hope then we ...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Oracle database not readable when running ASP.NET on network server
I'm moving my ASP.NET Framework 1.1 website up to the network staging server. Oracle 10g is running on a Windows 2000 server. Everything works fine on my localhost, but when I move it to the staging server, my app cannot seem to see the database - it throws an error when trying to access it, so all my objects are 'System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' I am pretty sure this is a permissions thing - in my app, in IIS or maybe on the Oracle server? This is the connection string: oracleConn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=OR...

Re: DBD::Oracle doesn't work with Oracle 10g (10.1.0.3) under Mac OS X (10.3.8) or how to make it working?
Hermez, et al, On Apr 9, 2005, Hermez <4Hertz@gmx.de> wrote: > After painful days and nights, trying to make DBD::Oracle working > with Oracle 10g Release 1 (10.1.0.3) on Mac OS X, I am at my wits' > end. > I have started the hard trip with the Oracle instant client and even > the above mentioned full version doesn't lead to a solution. > Afterwards, I have followed the advice mentioned in README.macosx > (included in DBD::Oracle), and installed Perl from scratch. Without > progress, unfortunately. > Let me describe the affected envir...

ASP.NET, VB.NET and Oracle 10g
I am currently using gridview by querying data from a System.Data.DataSetto gain control over autocommit (using transaction). Connection andtransaction details are kept in a dll. I am first reading the data fromdatabase through an adapter and then filling it  to the data set and thenthe relative table of the data set is being set as the data source for thegrid before binding it. Now there are some issues: 1> I want to check whether or not a row is locked when i press "Edit" or"delete" button of grid. 2> When i have updated or deleted a row the relative row i...

How to work ORACLE in ASP.NET using C#.net
Hi,.. Can any body give me study material on "How to work ORACLE in ASP.NET using C#.net"  ? PLsssssssssss............. faizalaa1234:Can any body give me study material on "How to work ORACLE in ASP.NET using C#.net" Hi, Check  out  these  links ... http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_asp/tutorials/article.php/c8477 http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/.NET/Using-Microsoft-dot-NET-and-C-sharp-with-Oracle-9i/ Hope  this  solves  your  problem ..     Click "Mark As Answer" if it helped you.TALIB AL...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

inserting file data into oracle database through asp.net(vb.net
hi everybody,            iam working with asp.net as front end and oracle as back end. now i want 2 store the files in the oracle database through asp.net. i had assign data type as blob for storing the file. the coding i had written for that is : Dim imgstream As StreamDim imgstream1 As StreamDim intimgsize As Int64Dim imgsize1 As Int64Dim name1, name2 As StringDim imgtype, imgtype1 As Stringintimgsize = File1.PostedFile.ContentLengthimgtype = File1.PostedFile.FileNameimgstream = File1.PostedFile.InputStreamimgstream1 = F...

Testing
Would appreciated any suggestions or help in Testing ASP.NET 2.0 , ORACLE Database, ADO.NET application. Means any loop holes and hidden bugs that could be expected in general and especially in Search engine sites. Thanks,-- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you --  You can use FxCop for some code analysis, unit testing to provide tests for making sure key parts of your code are working as expected... I've yet to hear of a good tool or technology for deep testing your DB stuff (other than doing it manually).  Of course, I'm sure you already of something in p...

Powerbuilder and Oracle 10g
Hi all I am not ablr to connect to the database through my application. I am using PB 10 and oracle 10g as backend. I am able to connect it via DB painter..but not trhough the app its giving me an error saying ORA:12541 TNS No Listener But i checked the file i.e tsanames and everything looks ok. TIA manish Do you have multiple Oracle clients installed? Verify whether the TNS_ADMIN environment variable (defined at OS level or in the registry) exists and points to the correct tnsnames.ora file. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.co...

Oracle 10G and PowerBuilder...
Hi, Our DBA's asked me to check on this: what version of PowerBuilder supports Oracle 10G? Does PB9 or PB10 have the necessary hooks to communicate with Oracle 10G? Any help would be appreciated... thanks, joe http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/New_in_PowerBuilder_10/PB10New_-_Other_Changes/pb10new_-_other_changes.html For real common questions like this you can google to see what other folks who have asked the question have been told. On 7 Sep 2004 15:18:03 -0700, "JG" <joseph.grantNOSPAM@assetpoint.com> wrote: >Hi, &...

Problems connecting to Oracle 9i database with Oracle 10g Client and Win XP x64
Hardware/Software:Dell Precision 490 with Intel Xeon 64 bit processor running MS Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version 2003 Service Pack 1.Visual Studio .NET 2005 Oracle 10g ClientI am trying to run my ASP.NET application from the above mentioned computer that connects to an Oracle 9i database on another machine on the network, but get the following error when using the OLEDB provider for Oracle:Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation.Provid...

Web resources about - PowerBuilde10 Does not Work with Oracle 10G NET... - sybase.powerbuilder.database