PIPELINE - PB10 - MS SQL 7 to MS SQL 2000 using OLE DB

Hello All,

We are converting our PB apps to version 10.  Thanks to the
posts on this site we have been successful setting OLE DB
connections and everything appeared to be working fine.

I just noticed that at least one of my pipes is not working
correctly.  It is truncating 1 character off of a field.
This worked fine when we were going from sql 7 to sql 7 but
when I connect to one server running ms sql 7 and the other
using ms sql 2000 using a data pipe in PB 10 it is cutting
off a char???

This one blows my mind because there is no script???

We had to make changes to trim strings and other small fixes
but I don't even no where to look to begin to fix this.

I run through the code in debug and it connects to both
databases with ole db just fine, but when I run the pipe
from the pb ide it posts some errors and one field in all of
the rows has been clipped by one???

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help (past and present :))

Brady
0
bradydunn

I have this to happen off and on (depending on the details of the
pipeline) in the past, and is definitely a problem with PB10.  The
easiest work-around is to add a single space to the end of all of your
char/varchar columns in your SQL.  Something like "SELECT col + ' '
FROM..."

bradydunn@ameritech.net wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We are converting our PB apps to version 10.  Thanks to the
> posts on this site we have been successful setting OLE DB
> connections and everything appeared to be working fine.
>
> I just noticed that at least one of my pipes is not working
> correctly.  It is truncating 1 character off of a field.
> This worked fine when we were going from sql 7 to sql 7 but
> when I connect to one server running ms sql 7 and the other
> using ms sql 2000 using a data pipe in PB 10 it is cutting
> off a char???
>
> This one blows my mind because there is no script???
>
> We had to make changes to trim strings and other small fixes
> but I don't even no where to look to begin to fix this.
>
> I run through the code in debug and it connects to both
> databases with ole db just fine, but when I run the pipe
> from the pb ide it posts some errors and one field in all of
> the rows has been clipped by one???
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks for your help (past and present :))
>
> Brady
0
Dan

connecting to SQL Server 7 using ole db provider for Sql Server
I had problems trying to do this with a grid so I am now trying to add a new connection in the Server Explorer. I added all the neccessary info and when I hit "Test Connection" it is successful but when I ckick on "OK" I get an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Anybody know what is wrong? Thanks....

Connecting to sql server 2000 via ole db in Powerbuilder 7
I'm trying to do a direct connect to sql server 2000 using ole db. I've got one connectstring in my application (powerbuilder) that is accessing the database via odbc. I want to access a different database (for security purposes) using ole db. Is this possible? Here are my parameters: sqlca.dbms = ole db sqlca.database = picard sqlca.logid = picard sqlca.logpass = picard sqlca.servername = picardsqld1 Can someone please help with the syntax on connecting to this database. Thanks... It's possible, but oledb in PB7 doesn't work well at all. It's appa...

OLE-DB & PB 7.03 SetUp for Using SQL-2000
Hi All, How To SetUp OLE-DB Profile for Use SQL-2000, because Microsoft suggest to USE OLE-DB replacing NTWDLIB. TIA Tonny Set up a .udl file and then just reference that. Using .udl file will save 3 seconds in connection time and is much less likely to have crashes from conflicting connection options. Suggest 7.0.3. 10009. builds 10040 - 10052 were broken for ole_db access to SQL Server. Builds 10061 and higher seem OK but not a lot of experience yet. "Tonny Satria" <Tonny_Satria@Yahoo.Com> wrote in message news:hSzU$PI1AHA.191@forums.sybase.c...

Use OLE DB Connect SQL Server 2000
I have an error message as SQLCODE = -1 and SQLERRTEXT = "No OLE DB provider name was specified in the connection parameter" when I was running the executable file (even I put all the run time in the same folder of executable file). But if I run that apllication in PB then it is OK. My INI as below: DBMS=OLE DB DBParm=Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB',DATASOURCE='MY_SERVER' ,PROVIDERSTRING='database=mydb',PBTrimCharColumns='Yes' TIA. John, Is the executable being run on the same machine as the development env...

OLE DB Problem with SQL 2000 and PB 7
Hi, I am trying to move an application from MS SQL 7.0 to MS SQL 2000, but I cannot get the native driver to work with SQL 2000, so I switched to OLE DB, but I have now run into a very strange error. I have a datawindow that connects to a table that has an identity column, using the native driver when I insert a row the new identity is returned to the datawindow, as i need that number to copy into another datawindow. But the number is no longer returned when I switch to OLE DB, is there some way around this. I hope someone could help me with this, this is the only thing holding u...

OLE DB Problem with SQL 2000 and PB 7
Hi, I am trying to move an application from MS SQL 7.0 to MS SQL 2000, but I cannot get the native driver to work with SQL 2000, so I switched to OLE DB, but I have now run into a very strange error. I have a datawindow that connects to a table that has an identity column, using the native driver when I insert a row the new identity is returned to the datawindow, as i need that number to copy into another datawindow. But the number is no longer returned when I switch to OLE DB, is there some way around this. I hope someone could help me with this, this is the only thing holding u...

Can I use Bugzilla with Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 as backend Database
I have Just Successfully installed Bugzilla My installation are Bugzilla 2.2 Apachec Webserver ActivePerl 7.8 Mysql 5.0 Now I like That My Database should be Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 Can I do that [As I also see that I required some Perl module of Mysql as well] ...

SQL Server 7 or 2000 and SQL Anywhere 7 on the same server?
I want to run MS SQL Server 7 (and later 2000) on the same NT server as SQL Anywhere 7. Are there any problems involved with this? Thanks, -- Don Marchlenski Information and Technology Services Central Ohio Technical College and The Ohio State University at Newark Should be OK assuming that the machine has sufficient bandwidth/resources for the total load of the two databases. /ck "Don Marchlenski" <march@newark.ohio-state.edu> wrote in message news:3B704488.8176A5F5@newark.ohio-state.edu... > I want to run MS SQL Server 7 (and later 2000) on the ...

SQL 7 vs SQL 2000
Can anyone offer a justification for recommending an upgrade from SQL 7 to SQL2k? What does one gain from the upgrade? Built-in XML support. Indexed views. Performance tweaks. These are just a few improvements that I'm aware of. For more detail, I'm sure you can visit the SQL Server site. --Ambrose--Ambrose LittleInfragistics, Inc. Hi hlaford, 1. Use MS VS .NET Documentation (.NET Framework documentation) 2. On Contents tab, From Filterd by: choose Entreprise Servers 3. Choose Microsoft SQL Server 2000 4. Click on What's New 5. You get all the 'Enhancements' ... T...

Using OLE DB w/ PB 8 and SQL Server 7.0
We are currently using the native connection to access SQL Server. I have a couple of questions: 1. What version of MDAC is acceptable? 2. I dont believe we have applied any service packs to SQL Server. Do we need a certain level of updates applied to SQL Server? Thanks in advance Greg ...

SQL Server 7 and SQL 2000
Hi, Can I connect to SQL 7 and SQL 2000 with Powerbuilder 7 Professional edition? Thanks, Kevin Davis kdavis@mdatasystems.com this is also my question. if you hear something, please route to our emailadress. ciao achim. ps: i think there should be a solution via OLE DB provider or ADO. but until now i do not succeed in this. pps: bitte auch gerne in deutsch via emailkontakt: info@cs-optima.de auch bei anderen problemen. vielleicht k�nnen sich die deutschen user etwas zusammenraffen... da es scheint, dass hier nix mehr geht... "Frank Black" <kd...

How to add users to a SQL Server DB used for authentication using SQL query
Hi, I am looking for a simple way to add users manually to a SQL Server DB (set up using aspnet_regsql.exe) via a SQL query. What are the required values, that have to be set in the different tables? Thanks in advance, Markus By default SqlMembershipProvider calls the aspnet_Membership_CreateUser stored procedure to create a user, you can use T-SQL statment like sp_help aspnet_Membership_CreateUser to learn how to use it.Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38...

In WSS Backing up DB of SQL 2005 and restore in DB of SQL 2000 giving error
Hi, sometime ago, I have installed WSS and configured using typical option whereby be default SQL server 2005 used for creating the content DB. Later I realize that I need to use SQL 2000 instead because of licensing problem. Therefore, I have re-installed the WSS but now using advanced options and selected SQL 2000 instead. Earlier when using SQL 2005, I have created nearly a complete site and backed up the whole farm. Now with the newly installed WSS, when I try to restore the backed up WSS farm, the restore process giving error saying “the backed up DB is using structure version 611 but c...

Using SQL 2000 drivers in SQL 2008?
Hi, I have an old PB7 application that was developed using MS SQL 2000 drivers. I haven't touched (or upgraded) the app in years. I'm now looking at upgrading our SQL Server 2000 server to SQL Server 2008. I'm wondering if the PB application will still connect to SQL Server 2008 using that driver? The driver being used is Pbmss70.dll... the file version is 7.0.3.10047. Any thoughts? I'm nervous that I'll upgrade the server and the app will no longer connect, because it would take me quite a while to get myself back into the app enough to modify it and rebuil...

restoring sql 2000 backup on sql 7
Hi,I am working in a sql server 2000 environment but my customer uses sql server 7. Is it possible to use backup and restore to transfer the database or should I set up a sql server 7 for development?The database only contains tables and views...ThanksKoen You may have to move the tables and Views and you cannot enable relationship there is none in 7.0 and in Belgium if the 7.0 is not using unicode you cannot use Unicode because to Unicode enable you must reinstall.  There are many differences with those versions it is hard to tell you in one post.  The best thing to do ask the c...

Use sql 2005 to program against sql 2000
I have sql server 2005 (full version) installed on my local machine, while the databases (on the server) I want to program against are in sql 2000. Could I program against sql 2000 databases using sql 2005? If yes, what do I need to know before I start doing that? Any suggestions are welcome. Hi dilber, You can connect with your SQL Server 2000 using SQL Server 2005... All you need is to 1: Open SQL Server Management Studio 2: Go to File Menu, Select Connect Object Explorer menu item ( Connect to Server Dialogbox will be open) 3. Enter your 2000 Server name in Server Name Drop Down, ...

How do I create a SQL 2005 database from a SQL 2000
I have a SQL 2000 database on one server that I'm trying to transfer to a new server.  The new server has Small Business Server R2 Premium Edition, which includes SQL 2005. I tried to transfer the database in the normal way that I'd create a copy database, which was: -1.   Backup the source database2.   Create a new database (empty) in the new server3.   Restore to this database from the backup taken in #1. Of course on previous occasions I wasn't changing version, but I expected that this would either fail immediately (message "incorrect...

Sql 2000 upload to a 2005 sql DB?
Hi all, I am using ixwebhosting.com for a host and they say they are using sql 2005 servers, well any ways I have sql 2005 express edition, and sql 2000, I am able to export data from mysql2005 express using my 2000, but am having issues tryig to upoad the data to the 2005 sql server on the web host company. Any ideas on how to fix this or a workaround would be nice.Thanks All Jonny It shouldn't be a problem however your hosting company should be able to guide you Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer. Install SQL...

PROBLEM with PB 7.0.3 AND SQL SERVER 7.0 USING SQL CURSOR
I am having a problem running a sql command with a cursor with Native drivers for MS sql Server 7.0.If i use ODBC or take out the order by clause in the statement it works fine By the way I am running powerbuilder 7.0.3 build 10009 The error code is : (Error 10008 (DB-Library) DB-Library Severity Level 9 Message Text ad token from SQL Server: Datastream processing out of synchronization) here a sample of the code DECLARE cur_Sec1 CURSOR FOR SELECT DISTINCT COL1,COL2 FROM TABLE1 WHERE COL1 = ??? ORDER BY COL1 ASC ; <<<<<<<<<<< ...

ASP.Net application developed using SQL Server 2000 can't use SQL Server 2005
Hi,If an application written in ASP.Net that uses SQL Server 2000 can have certain features that will not work on SQL Server 2005?There is an application written in ASP.Net with SQL Server 2000 which I need to convert to SQL Server 2005 but the original developer says it uses certain SQL Server 2000 specific features and won't work directly on SQL Server 2005 without modifying code. Are there any such features? Thanks  According to the official "Discontinued Database Engine Functionality In SQL Server 2005"-document on MSDN, the only Transact-SQL statement that has ...

Inserting SQL statements into a SQL Server 2000 database
Hi all Am attempting to create an audit table that will allow me to keep tracke of who is doing what where and when. On thing that i want to insert into this table, is the actual command that was executed, however when i look at the data that i inserted all that i get is "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand" in the field. Any suggestion on how to overcome this problem. Mike55 Hello Mike55 if I understand you right, you like to record each request to have the possibility to control who do what and when. I think a good possibility is to create a httphandler to record all...

Using SQL Server 2000 instead of SQL Express
Hi,     I'm a newbie at trying out ASP.NET 2.0, what i wanted to know is for the Login and other controls which depend on SQL Express / 2005 as the database, can i reroute the connection string to point to SQL Server 2000 and for the controls and use a SQL 2000 database instead of SQL Express / 2005, if so is there any documentation available where i could learn more. Thanks Go into:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215type "aspnet_regsql" and it'll walk you through a wizard to setup a SQL2000 database for usage"If you make it idiot proof, they'...

How to restore SQL 2000 database in sql server 2005
Hi,I have a sql server 2000 database and I want to restore it in sql server 2005. Will it be possible? If yes please let me know the steps to follow.When I tried it my self....at one point you need to specify force to restore...then onwards the system CRASHES (HANGS).I tried several times but not happy.Please suggest me the steps in detailThanks  Hi, Please check this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190436.aspx Hope this helps you. Thank you Hi, Restoring SQL 2000 on SQL 2005 should not cause any problems. I do so regularly. It is no different to restoring a SQL ...

Web resources about - PIPELINE - PB10 - MS SQL 7 to MS SQL 2000 using OLE DB - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Trans-Alaska Pipeline System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Trans-Alaska Pipeline System ( TAPS ) includes the trans-Alaska crude-oil pipeline, 11 pump stations, several hundred miles of feeder pipelines, ...

Growing push for new country water pipelines in Wedderburn and Mitiamo
Farmers have called for two new water pipelines to be built in country Victoria, to give certainty for parched farms and deliver a major economic ...

Growing push for new country water pipelines in Wedderburn and Mitiamo
Farmers have called for two new water pipelines to be built in country Victoria, to give certainty for parched farms and deliver a major economic ...

Scientists tell Justin Trudeau, premiers to rethink pipelines
Scientists have written an open letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and the premiers arguing spending on infrastructure for fossil fuels ...

Does is make sense to put oil pipelines alongside highways?
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Green Culture , United States PA state representative Scott Petri is proposing gas pipelines that would ...

Keystone XL Pipeline, Meet Oklahoma Earthquakes
The Keystone XL pipeline lives on in federal court, but it could encounter new issues related to fracking and earthquakes in Oklahoma Keystone ...

Snyder’s hearing plan: Push for lead pipeline removal
Snyder on Thursday called Rep. Jason Chaffetz and offered to travel to Washington D.C. for a future hearing

Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL) Price Target Lowered to C$26.00 at TD Securities
Inter Pipeline Ltd (TSE:IPL) had its target price reduced by TD Securities from C$27.00 to C$26.00 in a report issued on Monday, AnalystRatings.NET ...

EYVoice: Why Building A Pipeline Of Female Leaders Is In Your Company's Best Interest
With International Women’s Day just around the corner, I’ve been reflecting a lot lately on the issue of advancing women in the workplace and ...

Dominion Outlines New National Forest Route for Pipeline
Energy companies behind the Atlantic Coast Pipeline have carved a new proposed route through parts of West Virginia and Virginia in response ...